Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tops feeds in Sydney

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
    I hit Hon Won last night with the missus she wasnt impressed but I thought it was great, as soon as I saw the vynal chairs I got a good feeling LOL. Gee it packs out, I got beef in XO sauce with crispy noodles thumbs up. Four dishes $37 oh yeah, I told the missus I am happy to bring her every week but I got a dirty look I think I might be going with the boys... anyway its a good tip, good food and cheap
    Good stuff mate, glad you enjoyed. Tell the Missus she tried the wrong dishes, she needs another test run.

    Try the Satay Chicken, best Satay I've ever eaten. The Mongolian lamb/beef is quality also. And the steamed dim sims I dream about. To be honest I've never eaten anything there I haven't enjoyed thoroughly.


    RWB how did I forget Cafe Foveaux??? Great coffee, the snitzels rock and the crazy dude who cooks the grub is one of the best blokes you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. My only drawback of going there is I get the boss in strife from his wife (the real boss ) cos he gets too excited chatting about Easts and not cooking the food. I am reliably informed it's not just me though, Jman is one of those blokes who loves a chin wag with anyone who follows our great club. And if you ever get the chance to have a beer with him, bring your liver. A stop I always make when in Sydney.



    The FlogPen .

    You know it makes sense.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by stsae View Post
      Good stuff mate, glad you enjoyed. Tell the Missus she tried the wrong dishes, she needs another test run.

      Try the Satay Chicken, best Satay I've ever eaten. The Mongolian lamb/beef is quality also. And the steamed dim sims I dream about. To be honest I've never eaten anything there I haven't enjoyed thoroughly.


      RWB how did I forget Cafe Foveaux??? Great coffee, the snitzels rock and the crazy dude who cooks the grub is one of the best blokes you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. My only drawback of going there is I get the boss in strife from his wife (the real boss ) cos he gets too excited chatting about Easts and not cooking the food. I am reliably informed it's not just me though, Jman is one of those blokes who loves a chin wag with anyone who follows our great club. And if you ever get the chance to have a beer with him, bring your liver. A stop I always make when in Sydney.

      I practically went straight there after the airport when I moved back home! I can't eat big breakfasts anymore but I always manage to demolish jman's and yes, poor Mrs Jman...she does all the work whilst Jim does 'public relations'..I was sitting at the front table and he was texting me from the kitchen out the back!
      "It costs nothing to say something kind. Even less to shut up altogether." - Nathan Fillion

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
        I practically went straight there after the airport when I moved back home! I can't eat big breakfasts anymore but I always manage to demolish jman's and yes, poor Mrs Jman...she does all the work whilst Jim does 'public relations'..I was sitting at the front table and he was texting me from the kitchen out the back!
        ROFLOL, that's so Jman, the PR king of Foveaux St.

        In fact that should go in the Urban Dictionary, someone using a mobile device to interact with someone else within shouting distance is now "doing a Jman".



        The FlogPen .

        You know it makes sense.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by redwhiteblue
          Don't forget I'm taking you out for your special landmark birthday (21st!) so start thinking of where you would like to go.
          Why thankyou, we will do something special but you dont have to take me out.It is coming along quickly now

          Comment


          • #35
            For fish and chips, i love Lifeboat at Brooklyn[which is techinally still Sydney], it is a bit pricy, fish chips and salad will cost you between $20-$30 but the fish is great[lots of different varieties], grilled or fried, the salad dressing is yummo and a guarded secret.When the school prawns are running in the Hawkesbury and they have them i will buy some, they are so sweet.

            Comment


            • #36
              Pasticceria papa - Baked ricotta cheese cake 145 Ramsey st Haberfield its the bomb. I know of ppl that work in the city and have it delivered via taxi lol
              " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
                Pasticceria papa - Baked ricotta cheese cake 145 Ramsey st Haberfield its the bomb. I know of ppl that work in the city and have it delivered via taxi lol
                One of my closest friends lives in that street. It's foodie heaven like my street.
                "It costs nothing to say something kind. Even less to shut up altogether." - Nathan Fillion

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                  Why thankyou, we will do something special but you dont have to take me out.It is coming along quickly now
                  Of course I'm taking you out. It's not every day you turn 21...
                  "It costs nothing to say something kind. Even less to shut up altogether." - Nathan Fillion

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    For those living in the hills district, I have the perfect weekend of meals that will leave your stomach on the borderline of bursting:

                    Friday Night: head out to Belmonte's pizzeria, located in Baulkham Hills, opposite Stockland Mall. Belmonte's has one of the greatest meat lovers pizzas you will ever eat, as well as some fabulous traditional pizzas including Hawaiian, Supreme, Vegetarian etc.

                    Saturday Morning: Crestwood bakery, Crestwood, is home to possibly the best meat pie in the world. Think of the best pie you've ever had and multiply that by 100. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try it out, atleast have one. Not to mention the sausage rolls, mud cakes, muffins, tarts and glorious chocolate milk.

                    Saturday Night: La Collina Italian seafood restaurant, Castle Hill, opposite Castle Mall. Class. Brilliance. It's a family run, relatively small restaurant but the food is world class. The salt and pepper squid entre with the garlic prawn main will be one of my favourite meals for a very long time. Plus the guy who runs it is a top bloke, who guarantees first class service.

                    Sunday Morning: Hilltop Phoenix Chinese restaurant. Located at castle towers, castle hill. This certain Yum Cha is probably another, you have to experience it to know what im talking about situation. my suggestion, try the prawn dumplings, the pork buns, the spring rolls, the soy chicken, the fried duck, the calamari, the mango pancakes and everything else.

                    Sunday Night: for me, theres nothing better than a nice hotdog on a lazy sunday evening. cooked by the old man of course, this steaming hot dog is laid on a bun caked in butter, sprinkled with grated cheese, and cover in BBQ sauce.

                    hope some of you try any of these meals out, you wont regret it, and you dont have to thank me afterwards.
                    Last edited by kegs1; 10-25-2012, 08:51 PM. Reason: accidently pressed submit

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                      For those living in the hills district, I have the perfect weekend of meals that will leave your stomach on the borderline of bursting:

                      Friday Night: head out to Belmonte's pizzeria, located in Baulkham Hills, opposite Stockland Mall. Belmonte's has one of the greatest meat lovers pizzas you will ever eat, as well as some fabulous traditional pizzas including Hawaiian, Supreme, Vegetarian etc.

                      Saturday Morning: Crestwood bakery, Crestwood, is home to possibly the best meat pie in the world. Think of the best pie you've ever had and multiply that by 100. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try it out, atleast have one. Not to mention the sausage rolls, mud cakes, muffins, tarts and glorious chocolate milk.

                      Saturday Night: La Collina Italian seafood restaurant, Castle Hill, opposite Castle Mall. Class. Brilliance. It's a family run, relatively small restaurant but the food is world class. The salt and pepper squid entre with the garlic prawn main will be one of my favourite meals for a very long time. Plus the guy who runs it is a top bloke, who guarantees first class service.

                      Sunday Morning: Hilltop Phoenix Chinese restaurant. Located at castle towers, castle hill. This certain Yum Cha is probably another, you have to experience it to know what im talking about situation. my suggestion, try the prawn dumplings, the pork buns, the spring rolls, the soy chicken, the fried duck, the calamari, the mango pancakes and everything else.

                      Sunday Night: for me, theres nothing better than a nice hotdog on a lazy sunday evening. cooked by the old man of course, this steaming hot dog is laid on a bun caked in butter, sprinkled with grated cheese, and cover in BBQ sauce.

                      hope some of you try any of these meals out, you wont regret it, and you dont have to thank me afterwards.
                      How much do you weigh?

                      Are you in the heavy weight division?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                        How much do you weigh?

                        Are you in the heavy weight division?
                        i weigh 72 kilos.
                        this isnt my diet every weekend maaaaaate. id be lucky to have one of these meals evry second weekend

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                          i weigh 72 kilos.
                          this isnt my diet every weekend maaaaaate. id be lucky to have one of these meals evry second weekend
                          Arrrrr sweet mate.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Caught the train up to Brooklyn today to go to my favourite seafood place, Lifeboat.Very nice feed, all the fish were on display in the glass cabinet, snapper looked beautiful and i missed seeing the thumper sand whiting they had behind the snapper which i would have ordered had i known, they had just run out of blackfish which would have been my first choice.Had a dozen oysters and garlic prawns then had morwong[sea bream] chips and salad along with a few glasses of Brokenwood Cricket Pitch, nice feed and day out and real chips too, not the horrible frozen variety, cant wait to go back, the owner even gave us a few school prawns to sample also, they were so sweet.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Damn I miss a good, nice tasting fish dinner. North Sea fish is disgusting to say the least.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by kegs1 View Post

                                Saturday Morning: Crestwood bakery, Crestwood, is home to possibly the best meat pie in the world. Think of the best pie you've ever had and multiply that by 100. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try it out, atleast have one. Not to mention the sausage rolls, mud cakes, muffins, tarts and glorious chocolate milk.
                                Croissants are awesome as well from here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X