Way too early finals predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too early finals predictions

Thought it may be fun to have a thread regarding finals predictions. Things like where each team will finish, who will play/win the GF, who is overrated/underrated whatever.

I know, I know, considering we're sitting in 8th we need to take it one game at a time. But where's the fun in that? How do you all see the rest of the season turning out, honestly?

On my ladder predictor, I've got the top 8 looking like this at the end of the regular season:
    Panthers
    Sharks
    Cowboys
    Storm
    Roosters
    Rabbitohs
    Broncos
    Eels

I've got a Panthers vs. Roosters grand final.

I think the Rabbits, Roosters and Eels can all beat Penrith, but probably no one else can get over them in a knock-out game.
    Eels aren't afraid of them and were the better team against them last year, Rabbits have gone close numerous times and will have Latrell this time, and our squad is just better overall.
    Cowboys the most likely team to bow out in consecutive weeks.
    Also think it would be a shame if we played the Bunnies week 1. Penrith would be thrilled at the prospect of one of us knocking the other out.

Should be a cracking finals series.

Don't make the call too early, I love your confidence but we still have 3 rounds to go before the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster R View Post
      Don't make the call too early, I love your confidence but we still have 3 rounds to go before the finals.
      Yeah spot on, just for a bit of fun and to see where everyones thoughts are at.
      A lot of people said the competition was over months ago, and that the Panthers had it in the bag. Interesting to see what people think now.

Regardless, whatever predictions we post, most of us will be proven dead wrong.

Comment

it is possible that we miss the finals, but we probably won't. we will probably beat the tigers and probably win at least one of our next two games which will be enough.
        after that - who knows? i don't fear anyone. like suaalii said on sunday - 'if we click we'll be beating teams by 50.'

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          it is possible that we miss the finals, but we probably won't. we will probably beat the tigers and probably win at least one of our next two games which will be enough.
          after that - who knows? i don't fear anyone. like suaalii said on sunday - 'if we click we'll be beating teams by 50.'
          Lets hope we click in round 25 then!

Comment

roosters riff gf. redemption for Todd Byrne
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I’ll let you know in 3 weeks.
              I know it’s boring but the Roosters have to beat the Tigers first then we’ll worry about the week after.
              Its a brutal sport so injuries will play the biggest part on how it pans out.
              I just don’t want Penrith to go back to back.

Comment

I don’t know how we finish 5th when there’s no guarantee we’ll even make the 8.

The Riff missing their key halves has helped the teams we are in direct competition with for a spot. Previously I would have given these wins to the Riff but not now. It has already benefited the Storm and Parramatta and will likely help the vermin too this round. The faiders also will be playing depleted Knoughts and Manly teams. I can’t see them dropping another game.

It will all be very close and we really just can’t afford to lose any game from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                  I don’t know how we finish 5th when there’s no guarantee we’ll even make the 8.

The Riff missing their key halves has helped the teams we are in direct competition with for a spot. Previously I would have given these wins to the Riff but not now. It has already benefited the Storm and Parramatta and will likely help the vermin too this round. The faiders also will be playing depleted Knoughts and Manly teams. I can’t see them dropping another game.

It will all be very close and we really just can’t afford to lose any game from now on.
                  For clarity, I have us winning our remaining regular season games, and Souths only losing to us. With the Broncos and Eels winning 1 a piece. That ultimately ended with us on 5th on points differential over Souths.
                  I've very confident about this week's game, and next week's game against the Storm. Big question mark of our final round, though.

Comment

Souffs are specials tonight even at 1.55 they are good value.

Pamfers have absolutely zero motivation to get banged up when they are already minor premiers. In fact I hope Souffs put a score on them, and then the cowboys, so we can bitch slap their overconfident arses in rd 26.

Comment

I think the Roosters will be playing for an 8th place finish or 7th - They need to win all 3 games and have a few results go their way to finish higher than these two ladder positions.

Broncos and Eels have 1 game each they should win to be on 30 at least and play each so one will obviously win that game to be on 32 points

Souths will think it's Christmas playing an under strength Penrith and will be heavily favoured to win to move to 30 points

Panthers - 38 - Rabbitohs/Warriors/Cowboys - 40 points - 2 50-50 games

Cowboys - 32 - Warriors/Rabbitohs/Panthers - 34 points - 2 50-50 games

Sharks - 32-
                      Sea Eagles/Bulldogs/Knights - 36 points - 1 50-50 games - not sure the Sea Eagles game is still 50-50 ?

Storm - 30 - Broncos/Roosters/Eels - 30points - 3 - 50-50 games

Rabbitohs - 28
                      -Panthers/Cowboys/Roosters - 28 points - 3- 50-50 games
                      Broncos - 28
                      -Storm/Eels/Dragons - 30 points - 2 50-50 games
                      Eels - 28- Bulldogs/Broncos/Storm - 30 points - 2- 50-50 games

Roosters -26- Tigers/Storm/Rabbitohs - 28 points with 2- 50-50 games

Raiders 24- Knights/Sea Eagles/Tigers - 28 points with 1 -50-50 games- not sure the Sea Eagles game is still 50-50 ?

Round 23 Games
                      • Panthers vs Rabbitohs
                      • Cowboys vs Warriors
                      • Broncos vs Storm
                      • Eels vs Bulldogs
                      • Sea Eagles vs Sharks
                      • Roosters vs Tigers
                      • Dragons vs Tigers
                      • Knights vs Raiders
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 08-18-2022, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

Lets hope we click in round 25 then!
                        not sure about souths but looks like they're in form and the scene is set for us to give them a reality check

Comment

Originally posted by BraveTheWorld View Post

For clarity, I have us winning our remaining regular season games, and Souths only losing to us. With the Broncos and Eels winning 1 a piece. That ultimately ended with us on 5th on points differential over Souths.
                          I've very confident about this week's game, and next week's game against the Storm. Big question mark of our final round, though.
                          I do hope you’re right. It would be awesome to finish in 5th. I think we really need the Broncos and Parra to lose as many as possible. I can’t see the vermin losing their next two games but hope the Riff surprise me tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            I’ll let you know in 3 weeks.
                            I know it’s boring but the Roosters have to beat the Tigers first then we’ll worry about the week after.
                            Its a brutal sport so injuries will play the biggest part on how it pans out.
                            I just don’t want Penrith to go back to back.
                            Boy there has been a lot of threads about "will we make the 8", "what spot will we get" "who will we play in the finals"..etc..

It's like the calls to radio stations at the start of the season asking "how do you think my team will go this year"?

Nobody 100% knows & there's still 3 games to take "one game at a time". Injuries will have a huge bearing to key players for every team.There is no crystal ball prediction into the future but my 2 cents worth opinion is that if we stay injury free we will make the GF & play _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                              I think the Roosters will be playing for an 8th place finish or 7th - They need to win all 3 games and have a few results go their way to finish higher than these two ladder positions.

Broncos and Eels have 1 game each they should win to be on 30 at least and play each so one will obviously win that game to be on 32 points

Souths will think it's Christmas playing an under strength Penrith and will be heavily favoured to win to move to 30 points

Panthers - 38 - Rabbitohs/Warriors/Cowboys - 40 points - 2 50-50 games

Cowboys - 32 - Warriors/Rabbitohs/Panthers - 34 points - 2 50-50 games

Sharks - 32-
                              Sea Eagles/Bulldogs/Knights - 36 points - 1 50-50 games - not sure the Sea Eagles game is still 50-50 ?

Storm - 30 - Broncos/Roosters/Eels - 30points - 3 - 50-50 games

Rabbitohs - 28
                              -Panthers/Cowboys/Roosters - 28 points - 3- 50-50 games
                              Broncos - 28
                              -Storm/Eels/Dragons - 30 points - 2 50-50 games
                              Eels - 28- Bulldogs/Broncos/Storm - 30 points - 2- 50-50 games

Roosters -26- Tigers/Storm/Rabbitohs - 28 points with 2- 50-50 games

Raiders 24- Knights/Sea Eagles/Tigers - 28 points with 1 -50-50 games- not sure the Sea Eagles game is still 50-50 ?

Round 23 Games
                              • Panthers vs Rabbitohs
                              • Cowboys vs Warriors
                              • Broncos vs Storm
                              • Eels vs Bulldogs
                              • Sea Eagles vs Sharks
                              • Roosters vs Tigers
                              • Dragons vs Tigers
                              • Knights vs Raiders
                              The Storm wont finish on 30, trust me. 34 minimum.
                              Sharks will finish 2nd.
                              The aim for the Chooks would be finishing 5th or 6th playing sudden death at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X