No announcement yet.

To win the comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have us making the grand final, we are the form team at the moment.

Panthers wheels are starting to fall off, injuries and suspensions have derailed them.
    Eels are all over the place which doesn't work at this time of the season.
    The other top 8 teams deserve to be there but don't have the X factor to win a premiership.

Our biggest threat is the Cowboys who can't match us in the big games.
    A month ago I had us missing the eight or lasting 1 week in the finals but now we should be the favourites to win the comp.

Comment

The way I see it, if Saints win today (not looking likely), then we can't miss the finals.

Am I hallucinating?
      1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
      1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Starting thirteen as is with a bench of: Connor Watson, Egan Butcher, Sio Siua Taukeiaho and Lindsay Collins (Hutchinson as 18th man) beats the Panthers and any team in the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Parra View Post
          The way I see it, if Saints win today (not looking likely), then we can't miss the finals.

Am I hallucinating?
          If Dragons did win the Roosters would only need to win 1 game out of 3 but that is unlikely - Raiders up 18-12 - the worry will be if they score a few early second half and the Dragons pack it in as the Raiders could rack up a score

Roosters (26) will need to win 2 out of the last 3 as they should have the Raiders covered in for and against even if the Raiders do win all their last 4 games which is quite possible for them to finish on 30

Roosters plus 121 for and against
          Raiders minus 33 for and against before today's game vs Dragons
          Last edited by King Salvo; 08-14-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Number of times teams have beaten other Top 8 teams, apparently:

Panthers - 7
            Roosters - 6
            Storm - 5
            Souths - 4
            Cowboys - 4
            Sharks - 4
            Eels - 4
            Broncos - 3

Encouraging reading.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

If Dragons did win the Roosters would only need to win 1 game out of 3 but that is unlikely - Raiders up 18-12 - the worry will be if they score a few early second half and the Dragons pack it in as the Raiders could rack up a score

Roosters (26) will need to win 2 out of the last 3 as they should have the Raiders covered in for and against even if the Raiders do win all their last 4 games which is quite possible for them to finish on 30

Roosters plus 121 for and against
              Raiders minus 33 for and against before today's game vs Dragons
              I was basing my comment on the current For and Against figures.

By the end of today, 3 teams can be on 22 points, and we're already on 26 points. Ummm....thinking time music.....ok, scrap that - for some reason I'm thinking there's only 2 more matches to play.

A big win over the Tigers should seal it. A win for the Dragons today would help our cause, but they're playing hopeless at the moment.
              1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
              1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

On a side note Fogarty and Wighton would have to be one of the worst halves pairings in the game, deary me…

Comment

come on dragons

Comment

raiders winning keeps us honest - we need to keep winning.
                    unless we put a big score on melbourne i can't see us making the top 4 - their f and a is very good and winning one game from their last 3 should be enough

Comment

Finishing 6th gets you a home semi doesnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        Finishing 6th gets you a home semi doesnt it?
                        yes

The higher placed teams get a home ground final the first week of the finals at least - I assume that may continue in week 2 and 3 depending on the teams home ground - Alliance for instance maybe used as a home ground for Sydney teams who are the home team instead of their usual home ground ?

1 (H) vs 4 (A)
                        2 (H) vs 3 (A)
                        5 (H) vs 8 (A)
                        6 (H) vs 7 (A)

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                          raiders winning keeps us honest - we need to keep winning.
                          unless we put a big score on melbourne i can't see us making the top 4 - their f and a is very good and winning one game from their last 3 should be enough
                          Titans are doing it easy against Manly who play the Raiders in two weeks time- Manly have the end of season trip/holidays on their minds and have clocked off for the season .

Raiders have 3 very winnable games - Knights/Sea Eagles/ Tigers - Roosters will need to win 2 out of the last 3 - 30 points will be the minimum to make the 8 - for and against may come into it as well.
                          Last edited by King Salvo; 08-14-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Titans are doing it easy against Manly who play the Raiders in two weeks time- Manly have the end of season trip/holidays on their minds and have clocked off for the season .

Raiders have 3 very winnable games - Knights/Sea Eagles/ Tigers - Roosters will need to win 2 out of the last 3 - 30 points will be the minimum to make the 8 - for and against may come into it as well.
                            The Chooks cant afford to lose any games. Win every week then the Chooks will win the comp

One game at time
                            Lets just get over the Tigers first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

Panthers wheels are starting to fall off, injuries and suspensions have derailed them.
                              The other top 8 teams deserve to be there but don't have the X factor to win a premiership.

A month ago I had us missing the eight or lasting 1 week in the finals but now we should be the favourites to win the comp.
                              Bullshit our biggest threat is the cowboys wtf competition are you watching?

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

Actually, our biggest threat is ourselves. Switching off for and in games has been our biggest concern all season, although it has improved recently and I wonder if this aligns with Bradley Stubbs involvement.

As for being favourites, we are not even guaranteed a semi final spot yet and if we do get there, possibly only 1 loss away from elimination. Whilst we are playing good footy atm the real test comes against against Storm and Rabbits who have big game experience. Win those 2 and I'll become a little more confident.

Comment

Working...
                                X