Glass half full

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass half full

It was obvious to all fans that our ball control was terrible & obviously we will not win too many games with fifty percent completion rate, however after watching the replay twice without the anxiety and frustration hanging on the result these are the positives I take out of the game.
    1. Kennedy had a great game, with plenty of go forward and off-loads. this was a big improvement one his first run last week. I can see him improving each week and getting to the heights that I think he can get to .
    2. The support from forwards JWH and Tasi. Again improvement on last week and looked great today.
    3. Mitchell Pearce. Good game today and finally running at the line. I recall he made two line beaks.
    4.Friend . Good game and threatened the line on several occasions.
    5. morts. I think he was great when he came on providing spark around the ruck and great support play.he will provide Smithy with a selection dilemma if he improves each week.
    6. SKD . Good in his first game back. It shows that when we two good centers in the side then we willmhave some attacking flair.
    7. Anasta. he didn't kick it out on the full off the kick off.
    8. mini . Safe at back and surely he will catch one of those inside balls shortly .
    We are a side that is a work in progress. last week I was disappointed that we had no structure in attack and was concerned that we have achieved very little in the off season, however today mistakes and ball handling aside , we moved the ball around impressively. If we can improve a little each week and eliminate our mistakes we will have a fantastic year.It is easy to say we were terrible today because of our ball control but I do not agree. our defense is improved and we hung in the game despite some terrible ref calls. some of you might think that our terrible ball control means our efforts today equate to a glass half empty but for the reasons outlined above I see it as half fill.

Are you a professor? Well said mate. If our defence was not so strong we would have lost. And mini has been dropping that inside ball his entire career and he threw his customary crap pass as well. It kills me. I hope he bows out gracefully.

We will be ok I think. Small steps.
    Last edited by John Corey; 03-18-2012, 09:04 PM.
    Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Thats 2 wins we've had when we probably shouldn't have ...... imagine how we'll do if we ever actually play well ?

Comment

More like a drop in the ocean than a glass half full.

Comment

Imagine when we play a half decent team, oh sorry that's this week. Let's not dress mutton up as lamb lol, we are shocking, the players should be dragged onto the training paddock and flogged, they have not aimed up and should be warned if they don't stop the c grade crap then heads will roll. The weekend game was embarrassing and no excuses should be made.

Comment

Still Symonds and bosdan should get a run
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Still Symonds and bosdan should get a run
              Isn`t Bosdan broken down with a bulging neck disc?

Comment

Im pretyy sure he has played for Newtown last few weeks
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Yep he has, going well but I think Taka and symonds are in front for mine

Comment

Thats good news.He should be in the running for a call up with Aiden`s ankle injury then.

Comment

Originally posted by spanner View Post
                      Thats good news.He should be in the running for a call up with Aiden`s ankle injury then.
                      If he is in the side instead of Cordner Smith should be tied to the Dally M statue and be publicly flogged.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                        Yep he has, going well but I think Taka and symonds are in front for mine
                        Great to have all this back up.The Tigers are certainly feeling the pinch without it at the moment.

Comment

Great to have all this back up.The Tigers are certainly feeling the pinch without it at the moment.
                          They are so desperate they want Mason.

Comment

It is good to have some depth of talent in the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pendulum View Post
                              If he is in the side instead of Cordner Smith should be tied to the Dally M statue and be publicly flogged.
                              LOL.Boyd will certainly be there if fit.Aiden`s injury should open up a bench spot for one of the above 3

Comment

Working...
                              X