No announcement yet.

Team of Least Favourite Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many of these downvoted players the posters have met in real life that have swayed their opinion of them? They say you should never meet your heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
      1. Jordan Tansey
      2. Chris Walker
      3. Justin Hodges
      4. Terry Hill
      5. Joseph Leilua
      6. Braith Anasta
      7. Brett Finch (vc)
      8. Michael Crocker
      9. Mark Riddell
      10 Mark O'Meley
      11. Dylan Napa
      12. Nick Kouparitsis (c)
      13. Willie Mason
      14. Jackson Hastings
      15. Ryan Cross
      16. Kyle Flanagan
      17. Ben Hannant
      Cross and Crocker? Geeze your hard!
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Adam McDougall only played at Easts in 1995.
        1995 then.

Comment

What, 3 pages in and no mention of "Kurt Sherlock" yet? He was a consistent feature in arguably the Roosters worse period ever, i.e. 1988, 1989, 1990 & 1991.....those yrs we finished 12th, 11th, 14th & 11th. The challenge is on for anyone to find a worse rooster 4 yr period than that. U won't find it...my team has quiet a few from that period.
          Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
            What, 3 pages in and no mention of "Kurt Sherlock" yet? He was a consistent feature in arguably the Roosters worse period ever, i.e. 1988, 1989, 1990 & 1991.....those yrs we finished 12th, 11th, 14th & 11th. The challenge is on for anyone to find a worse rooster 4 yr period than that. U won't find it...my team has quiet a few from that period.
            I'm pretty sure Brawler mentioned Sherlock as "Shitlock" near the beginning of the thread.
            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

If this team took the field again, I would consider cheering for the opposition...

Coach: Chris Anderson (heart clearly wasn't in it, couldn't even last a yr)

1. Wayne Portlock (plodder, can't believe we played him instead of Rod Silva)
              2. Joseph Leilua (Should belong in a museum as the "missing link". Cost 2 tries in 2010 GF)
              3. Michael Cook (Centre in perhaps our worse ever game, 66-4 loss to Raiders 1990)
              4. Sisi Waqa (With a name like that, u would have expected him to Whack a souff Sydney Sissy, didn't happen...next)
              5. Michael Appleby (lol...next)
              6. Brett Finch (no comment yet....)
              7. Mitchel Pearce (Don't care if he gave 100%, in clutch moments consistently went
              missing...overrated...and kisser of knights emblem says it all)

13. P Vautin (Raiders 66-4...enough said)
              12, Brian Battese (Came with big rep, gave us nothing...french fluff)
              11. Willie Mason (Gave us a spoon in 2009)
              10. Mark O'Meley (tried to return us to transit lounge days)
              9. Kurt Sherlock (played in 4 or 5 positions, shit at all...that moe still gives me nightmares)
              8. Dane Sorenson (Him & bro kurt brought in the original transit lounge days)

Reserves
              14, Brad Burke (I moved faster in a sack race once)
              15. Braith Anasta (Zero metres...lol)
              16. Bill Dart (those were dart dart days)
              17. Brett Papworth (Value for money? 7 games in 4 yrs.& not even a try..pity, what could have been)
              Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 01-12-2022, 12:26 AM.
              Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post

I'm pretty sure Brawler mentioned Sherlock as "Shitlock" near the beginning of the thread.
                Fair enough...i didn't see it....besides i remember him as a hooker and centre mostly..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

1995 then.
                  Well i'm trying to think of a try saving tackle from him against Brisbane, think we only played Brisbane once that year and they soundly beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

No Hall Dog and he is the only winger on earth to ever do a nudie run.

Gee I don't know what more he could have done
                    To be fair, there was some serious bad luck there. Not saying he was amazing, but he was making ~180m a game down the middle like an extra forward.

His vision's clearly not as good as B-Moz' (B-Moz was scoring 2-3 tries a game before getting injured because he can sniff a try from a mile off). But... I don't read too much into the fact he never scored for us. Joe Burgess and Jordan Tansey scored for us and I reckon he's better than both. Reece Robinson scored too.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                      You could write a list of former Roosters who are either in jail or before the courts as the least favorite.

Latrell Mitchell - used to love him but he turned rat.

Adam McDougall - was a favorite when he made a try saving tackle in the pissing rain against Brisbane in 1996 then I met him. Also guilt by familial association because of his brother spear tackling Mini.
                      Terry "Crab Pot Pilferer" Hill.
                      Hodges - I was willing to forgive him falling under the Cadaver's spell but not after he badmouthed the club
                      Martin "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" Offiah.

Braith Anasta - like a woman giving one good BJ in a relationship, he lived off that lucky field goal for years.
                      Brett Finch (court proceedings pending demurs my potential slander) - Makes Mitch Pearce (who actually was good in parts) look like Horrie Hastings.

Mark O'Meley (looked like King Kong Bundy, played like Bertha Faye)
                      Craig "treacherous pink pants suit wearing ponce" Wing.
                      Martin "I want these mother****ing reptiles hidden in my mother****ing luggage" Kennedy - if only for falling arse over and head butting the football.

Willie Mason (anyone who can make Brendan Fevola look like a saint is real bad)
                      Anthony "Fists of Fury" Cherrington
                      Michael "My time at the Roosters is a blur" Crocker.

The bench is the media tart ex Roosters.

Jamie Soward
                      Mark Riddell
                      Bryan Fletcher
                      Fatty...although he did admit he was here for the money and showed remorse.
                      what did hodges say about the club ?

pearcey is not even in the conversation in this thread, was a very, very good player , just not a great and couldn't ice games. but loved the jersey .

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                        If this team took the field again, I would consider cheering for the opposition...

Coach: Chris Anderson (heart clearly wasn't in it, couldn't even last a yr)

1. Wayne Portlock (plodder, can't believe we played him instead of Rod Silva)
                        2. Joseph Leilua (Should belong in a museum as the "missing link". Cost 2 tries in 2010 GF)
                        3. Michael Cook (Centre in perhaps our worse ever game, 66-4 loss to Raiders 1990)
                        4. Sisi Waqa (With a name like that, u would have expected him to Whack a souff Sydney Sissy, didn't happen...next)
                        5. Michael Appleby (lol...next)
                        6. Brett Finch (no comment yet....)
                        7. Mitchel Pearce (Don't care if he gave 100%, in clutch moments consistently went
                        missing...overrated...and kisser of knights emblem says it all)

13. P Vautin (Raiders 66-4...enough said)
                        12, Brian Battese (Came with big rep, gave us nothing...french fluff)
                        11. Willie Mason (Gave us a spoon in 2009)
                        10. Mark O'Meley (tried to return us to transit lounge days)
                        9. Kurt Sherlock (played in 4 or 5 positions, shit at all...that moe still gives me nightmares)
                        8. Dane Sorenson (Him & bro kurt brought in the original transit lounge days)

Reserves
                        14, Brad Burke (I moved faster in a sack race once)
                        15. Braith Anasta (Zero metres...lol)
                        16. Bill Dart (those were dart dart days)
                        17. Brett Papworth (Value for money? 7 games in 4 yrs.& not even a try..pity, what could have been)
                        pearcey ...wtf ?

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Cross and Crocker? Geeze your hard!
                          ryan cross was good i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

ryan cross was good i thought.
                            Me to. Loved him!
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

what did hodges say about the club ?

pearcey is not even in the conversation in this thread, was a very, very good player , just not a great and couldn't ice games. but loved the jersey .
                              https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mis...28-gdi8r8.html

He said, probably prompted by the walking dead, to say that he always felt like a Bronco, even when they won the grand final in 02.

On Pearce: If he had played in the centres or at lock like his father, I would have championed him to retire a one club man. He can run, pass and tackle at an elite level. He just was not a halfback's anus and I have no idea why successive coaches insisted on thinking he was the new John Peard.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                                Latrell may be the only one to make an appearance in both teams.

Brandon Pearson makes my team, didn’t even know who he really was, but when Freddy and barnill signed my jersey after a match back at Easts, he just grabbed it and signed pretty much over Freddy’s signature.

1.brandon Pearson
                                2.Brandon Pearson
                                3.Brandon Pearson
                                4.Brandon Pearson
                                5.Brandon Pearson

6.Brandon Pearson
                                7.Brandon Pearson

8.Brandon Pearson
                                9.Brandon Pearson
                                10. Brandon Pearson
                                11.Brandon Pearson
                                12.Brandon Pearson
                                13. Fatty
                                Scored 6 tries for us in only 10 games. Changed his name to Brandon Costin at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X