Dragons raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragons raid

Not hugely news worthy but thought I'd stimulate some offseason discussion.

I was talking to my 15 year old son's mate who plays league here in the Illawarra. Told me that the Roosters just snapped up 3-4 of the gun local players from Dragon's nursery here.

One of them is Toby Rodwell - son of Brett Rodwell. Reckons he is by far the standout kid here in the Illawarra league and plays halfback. He actually goes to school with my son (year below) but the talk is that he completely dominates his level and has amazing footwork.

Farian loves nothing more than a good Roosters poach from the Dragons and rubbing it in to his Merge mates.

Speak easy mun.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

I was talking to my 15 year old son's mate who plays league here in the Illawarra. Told me that the Roosters just snapped up 3-4 of the gun local players from Dragon's nursery here.

One of them is Toby Rodwell - son of Brett Rodwell. Reckons he is by far the standout kid here in the Illawarra league and plays halfback. He actually goes to school with my son (year below) but the talk is that he completely dominates his level and has amazing footwork.

Farian loves nothing more than a good Roosters poach from the Dragons and rubbing it in to his Merge mates.

Speak easy mun.
    Excellent poaching!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Speak easy mun.
      your spot on mate, the Rodwell signing has been confirmed. Apparently a very good junior player that the club has huge hopes for.
      Dragons will continue to be a basket case while they don’t cement themselves in Wollongong permanently.

Comment

The Gong's produced some amazing players and yet St George doesn't seem to give a rats. Well done if we've snared a few.

I mean Fitzy, Ryles, Morris brothers, Walker...etc. You can't go wrong with the men so strong.

If the Bears ever become an NRL side, maybe we can take over the Steelers? I kinda jest but do they technically HAVE to be a feeder for St Merge? We're all different (some of us more-so... as I gaze into the mirror) but as a Steelers fan at the time I was pretty bitter about the merger as the Dragons cheated us out of a victory in our one good season (absolute bollocks calls). I'm not a Dragons fan and never was... became an Easts fan when they got rid of my team. Wouldn't mind it if Easts and the Steelers joined forces with Fitzy returning to coach the Steelers.

Comment

Thanks for the info Farian. It’s great to know. The Illawarra is a breeding ground for RL players. Not unlike Penrith.

Comment

Working...
          X