Hodgson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hodgson

I hope we're interested in him. I can't believe we wouldn't be. First class hooker who's an out an out winner. We need a good 9 immediately. It's one of our weakest links.

Don't give me any Verrills nonsense either. Don't want to hear it.

Yeah an injury prone hooker that thinks he’s a halfback is what we need

Comment

Hookers are half backs.

Comment

Tigers bound

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
          Hookers are half backs.
          This is probably the dumbest take of the year

Comment

I thought he was off to Tippie Town

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

This is probably the dumbest take of the year
              What BP was eluding to is that 9 out of 10 hookers started out as halfbacks i.e Nathan Brown, Danny Buderus, Geoff Toovey, PJ Marsh, Anthony Mitchell, Jake Turpin etc..
              Our very own Jake Friend grew up in the Cairns juniors as a cheeky halfback.

This evolution started around late 80's early 90's. The likes of Max Krillich, Steve Edge and Royce Simmons were the last bastions of genuine old rakes. It's no coincidence it's about the same time they took
              the contest out of the scrum and raking for the ball at marker.

Comment

Chooks have enough players to cover this role - Verrills/Watson/Lussick and possibly Benny Marschke and even Lam and Radley- if they were going into the market it would be outside backs.
                Last edited by King Salvo; 10-18-2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

He's on 800k for 2022. Hes 32, had 2 ACL injuries in recent years and had 2 great years in his career-2016 & 2019.

Im not saying he wouldn't be a asset but if he is attracting big money id be leaving it alone

Comment

Good player but maybe a few years too late for us.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

What BP was eluding to is that 9 out of 10 hookers started out as halfbacks i.e Nathan Brown, Danny Buderus, Geoff Toovey, PJ Marsh, Anthony Mitchell, Jake Turpin etc..
                      Our very own Jake Friend grew up in the Cairns juniors as a cheeky halfback.

This evolution started around late 80's early 90's. The likes of Max Krillich, Steve Edge and Royce Simmons were the last bastions of genuine old rakes. It's no coincidence it's about the same time they took
                      the contest out of the scrum and raking for the ball at marker.
                      Even Sam Verrills was a halfback for Manly in the lower grades

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                        He's on 800k for 2022. Hes 32, had 2 ACL injuries in recent years and had 2 great years in his career-2016 & 2019.

Im not saying he wouldn't be a asset but if he is attracting big money id be leaving it alone
                        Sounds like a typical Tigers signing.....

Major injury history - Check
                        Overpriced - you bet
                        Position where they already have promising juniors - check
                        5 years past his prime - where do i sign

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster90 View Post

Sounds like a typical Tigers signing.....

Major injury history - Check
                          Overpriced - you bet
                          Position where they already have promising juniors - check
                          5 years past his prime - where do i sign
                          I think the same but I hope we are both wrong & he brings something to the Tigers, hopefully they also get Simms.

Comment

If I was the Chooks I would actually sign Curtis Scott, he is wanting to be signed for minimum wage & I believe in the Chooks/Robbo system he could be anythimng, he's still only 24. Fergo went off the rails & the Chooks picked him up on minimum wage & turned him around.

Comment

Ah ah- for every Fergo made good there is a - Jackson Hastings, Luke Odonnell, BJ, Todd Carney, that blokes son from Penrith, Ivan Cleary etc etc

Comment

Working...
                              X