Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins

With the Dolphins expected to granted the 17th team licence the players market will go crazy.
    No player that is in negotiations or about to be a free agent will sign anything until they see what is happening in the market.

I don't know how many Roosters fall into this but the Dolphins would be crazy not to chase some of our players.
    The top 6 teams from this season are so far ahead of the rest of the competition they will all probably have the Dolphins looking into who they can convince to move up there contracted or not.

I think Sam Walker is signed until 23 but I wouldn't be surprised if they target him being a Queenslader and a future representative half with contracts meaning nothing these days.

The NRL will probably grant them a special inflated salary cap for 3-5 years so they are successful which will attract fans and sponsors.

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post
    With the Dolphins expected to granted the 17th team licence the players market will go crazy.
    No player that is in negotiations or about to be a free agent will sign anything until they see what is happening in the market.

I don't know how many Roosters fall into this but the Dolphins would be crazy not to chase some of our players.
    The top 6 teams from this season are so far ahead of the rest of the competition they will all probably have the Dolphins looking into who they can convince to move up there contracted or not.

I think Sam Walker is signed until 23 but I wouldn't be surprised if they target him being a Queenslander and a future representative half with contracts meaning nothing these days.

The NRL will probably grant them a special inflated salary cap for 3-5 years so they are successful which will attract fans and sponsors.
    The other 16 clubs wont allow any leg up for the 17th team in having a special inflated cap - they will need to play by the same rules from day one.

Comment

They’ll be coming for Collins.

Comment

Manu is their main target.

He is off contract, and he'll get the opportunity to play fullback on bigger cash.

Would not surprise if we lose him, and wouldn't begrudge him taking the opportunity . But hoping for the best.
        ​​​
        Quite feasible Redcliffe could kick off with Bennett, Munster and Manu as their initial marquee signings.

Comment

Is Manu signed with us for 2021?
          If any players with us now don't want to stay with us into the future once their contracts have finished then so be it.
          We wish them well as we wave them goodbye...then we buy or make replacements.
          2022 will be a continued rebuilding year in which firm and wise decisions are made.
          Walker, for example.
          Not much use wasting a year coaching him to be great if he's only going to go to the Dolphins.
          Ditto Collins etc.
          By about June we should know what our top team for 2023 and beyond will be.
          Any players who won't commit and sign new contracts then should be sent to the Bears cave to live.

Comment

BB, Manu is signed until the end of 2022. From Nov 1 this year he can talk with other teams about a potential deal for 2023, or he will extend with the Roosters (which is ideal).

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Is Manu signed with us for 2021?
              If any players with us now don't want to stay with us into the future once their contracts have finished then so be it.
              We wish them well as we wave them goodbye...then we buy or make replacements.
              2022 will be a continued rebuilding year in which firm and wise decisions are made.
              Walker, for example.
              Not much use wasting a year coaching him to be great if he's only going to go to the Dolphins.
              Ditto Collins etc.
              By about June we should know what our top team for 2023 and beyond will be.
              Any players who won't commit and sign new contracts then should be sent to the Bears cave to live.
              TO be fair, the only evidence linking Collins or Walker to Redcliffe is because they happen to be QLD'ers. It's not even tenuous really.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

TO be fair, the only evidence linking Collins or Walker to Redcliffe is because they happen to be QLD'ers. It's not even tenuous really.
                Yep, offseason rumours.

IMO end of the day, those who wish to leave will do so. The comp will have another club that can afford to upgrade players who other clubs can't upgrade. This will no doubt involve a few $1m signings and '$5 million deals' (i.e. long-term contracts with no performance weighting that we'd be stupid to match).

My reckoning is that they'll take 1 or 2 players from each club so the 'hits' will be shared. My guess is that Robbo will help manage this as he's an upfront kinda guy. Like if he reckons a guy can get $$$ from the Dolphins and further their career by doing so, I reckon he'd be having those conversations as part of development discussions.

Hammo might know a bit of goss... doesn't he work for their leagues club? I think they're big enough to have their own players and stuff. Like I dare say they got picked because they're absolutely killing it in reserve grade and the Storm's poaching all their players once they hit 1st grade.

---

Who do I think they'll poach from Easts?
                - Probably not people from our leadership group like Teddy, JWH and Keary. We won't lose our main enforcers/spine.

- Maybe a few solid fringe forwards/utilities looking for starting duties? That or guys in positions that are getting a bit crowded. For example Ikuvalu, Lam, Butch, Sitili...etc.

- Maybe one marquee player. Again, I reckon probably not somebody from our leadership group. IMO they'll be looking to give somebody like Harry Grant a $$$ contract they can't refuse. Walker would be an obvious candidate though ay? Throw a $$$ contract at him and tell him they're happy for him to play his brand of footy for the fans.

Comment

They would be limited to as many marquee players as any other team so they can't just grab a couple of top liners from each team. We might lose one big name but hopefully they target other teams. Manu the only one I'm fearful of losing. The timing of him being off contract from 2023 is not ideal.

Comment

Lindsay is signed until the end of 2025 so we have a while before we have to worry about potentially losing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                      Lindsay is signed until the end of 2025 so we have a while before we have to worry about potentially losing him.
                      Collins is signed till the end of 2026- actually the longest contracted player at the club. That goes to show what Robbo thinks of him

There's going to be some weak clubs come 2023- the player market isn't strong enough to support another squad of 30. Melbourne Storms days of mass raiding of Qlders could be over!! Any up and coming juniors in Victoria?

Comment

Good to see the North Sydney Bears have contacted the NRL ask for an aplication to rejoin the NRL. could be a good thing for 2025. No good for our feeder team future
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Munster,walker,Manu and Haas would be a great foundation for the dolphins to start off.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                            Munster,walker,Manu and Haas would be a great foundation for the dolphins to start off.
                            How about we give them Lam instead of Walker and Ikavalu instead of Manu

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

How about we give them Lam instead of Walker and Ikavalu instead of Manu
                              I reckon Munster, Smith, Lewis and Walsh would be a great start.

Comment

Working...
                              X