When will these blokes choose Pepsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep anybody who opposes drugs + doesn't want them anywhere near their children is stupid and closed-minded. Gotcha.
    You think drugs being illegal will stop your kids getting hold of them if they want them?

Educate your kids.
    Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 10-03-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Anyway what Munster & Smith did has happened before & it will happen again.

Comment

• So Pearce cops 8 weeks for getting pissed during puppygate while Munster and B Smith get a 1 match suspension.
        SKD gets the sack for being in possession while these 2 only cop a slap on the wrist.
        Seems like NRL have double standards depending on which club you play for and the no dickhead policy is only enforced by a couple of teams, while the rest of the comp is all talk

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          So Pearce cops 8 weeks for getting pissed during puppygate while Munster and B Smith get a 1 match suspension.
          SKD gets the sack for being in possession while these 2 only cop a slap on the wrist.
          Seems like NRL have double standards depending on which club you play for and the no dickhead policy is only enforced by a couple of teams, while the rest of the comp is all talk
          Yeah ridiculous. One game? My goodness not to mention he was also fined 125K
          Last edited by ChookMaster; 10-05-2021, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Why does everyone always use the Pearce example when we all agree it was an overreaction? Because they got it wrong they should have to get it wrong every time?

SKD was a club imposed sacking. SKD was just unlucky to be found with drugs at that time. It was kind of convenient to get rid of him at that point for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
              Why does everyone always use the Pearce example when we all agree it was an overreaction? Because they got it wrong they should have to get it wrong every time?

SKD was a club imposed sacking. SKD was just unlucky to be found with drugs at that time. It was kind of convenient to get rid of him at that point for us.
              It isn't so much that they got it wrong, rather that they were harsh with MP. If the punishments were always harsher would players be more unlikely to commit the offences to begin with? The Munster/B.Smith punishments are a joke and probably won't stop other players from doing the same thing in the future. Compare that to the NFL were players have been sacked and had their million dollar contracts torn up for taking the same drug

Comment

Compare that to the NFL were players have been sacked and had their million dollar contracts torn up for taking the same drug
                NFL players get 4 weeks for a first time testing positive to Anablolic Steroids and don't test for Human Growth Hormones. They aren't exactly a sport to be comparing drug policies to.

Comment

It isn't so much that they got it wrong, rather that they were harsh with MP. If the punishments were always harsher would players be more unlikely to commit the offences to begin with? The Munster/B.Smith punishments are a joke and probably won't stop other players from doing the same thing in the future. Compare that to the NFL were players have been sacked and had their million dollar contracts torn up for taking the same drug
                  I don’t think the NFL actually sack players for using cocaine in the same instance as Munster and smith.

Comment

• The 3 of them coughed up today & thats all you can do. Time to move on & wait for the next dumbarse to get done for the same thing.

Comment

• Cam Smith summed it all up pretty nicely on Bloke in a Bar actually https://youtu.be/aNZulcitfmM

Be interesting to see if Cam stays outta the likelight a bit and shares independent opinions like that moving on. Gave me some insight into what he's about (some great analysis IMO... a real no BS approach)

Comment

• When asked by the Integrity Commission what the white substance was in the bags they were holding, Smith and Munster claimed they had "no idea." Conversely, Reece Walsh immediately admitted his bag contained cocaine when asked by the police. Walsh tells the truth and gets 2 weeks, Smith and Munster tell an absurd lie, and get only 1 week. What complete idiots the NRL are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
                          When asked by the Integrity Commission what the white substance was in the bags they were holding, Smith and Munster claimed they had "no idea." Conversely, Reece Walsh immediately admitted his bag contained cocaine when asked by the police. Walsh tells the truth and gets 2 weeks, Smith and Munster tell an absurd lie, and get only 1 week. What complete idiots the NRL are.
                          Yeah it icks me that Munster's talking about his 'relationship' with alcohol and doing some BS 3-4 session alcohol education program. Token 'punishment' (particularly when he's had a few warnings for behaviour/attitude already).

Meh. On Bloke in a Bar, Cam Smith was pretty angry because he said guys like him built-up a culture where you didn't do that kinda stuff. Now questions are raised about everybody involved in the club so a lot of people are angry.

I feel there's the token punishments... then there's the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Not a massive Smith fan but after listening to his BiaB sesson, my attitude changed a little. He doesn't air his dirty laundry in public but I think it's clear the club's p!ssed off about this. THAT SAID... his main two comments about drugs were:
                          - WTF did Walsh refuse to leave then go back and hassle the cops? IDIOT!
                          - Why did the Storm trio invite members of the public in with cameras? Stupid shyte!

Being stupid enough to get caught seems to be 3/4 of the problem in the club's eyes as it damages everybody's reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah it icks me that Munster's talking about his 'relationship' with alcohol and doing some BS 3-4 session alcohol education program. Token 'punishment' (particularly when he's had a few warnings for behaviour/attitude already).

Meh. On Bloke in a Bar, Cam Smith was pretty angry because he said guys like him built-up a culture where you didn't do that kinda stuff. Now questions are raised about everybody involved in the club so a lot of people are angry.

I feel there's the token punishments... then there's the other stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Not a massive Smith fan but after listening to his BiaB sesson, my attitude changed a little. He doesn't air his dirty laundry in public but I think it's clear the club's p!ssed off about this. THAT SAID... his main two comments about drugs were:
                            - WTF did Walsh refuse to leave then go back and hassle the cops? IDIOT!
                            - Why did the Storm trio invite members of the public in with cameras? Stupid shyte!

Being stupid enough to get caught seems to be 3/4 of the problem in the club's eyes as it damages everybody's reputation.
                            Mum and Dad type outrage from Smith. "How could they be so stupid????" Well Cam, here's the thing. People who are drunk do stupid things. You must know that being a footballer yourself. In the clear light of day those players would be very aware of how dumb they were and they'd be hating themselves for it. Everyone whose been drunk has things they've done that were incredibly stupid. I'm about as keen to listen to what Smith has to say now as I was when he was lecturing referees as a player.

Comment

• I wonder if any NRL contracted player has had a toot of the nose candy tonight?
                              I wonder if anyone on the Chookpen has has a toot of the nose candy tonight?

Comment

Working...
                              X