17.E.Butcher

18.Keighran

19.Baker

20.Tuphua

21.Whyte

22.Merscke

Spelling check

Comment

It’s clear from this year we need a 80+% goal kicker. Will Walker be that man. From what I’ve seen from him I’m not convinced. Billy Smith may be our kicker moving forward, if he stay on the field that is!!
      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

Gone are the days when we could get pelted by the ref and still win on defense. With the 6 again rule, we lose so much possession that we tire quickly resulting in many thrashings. Add errors/penalties to that and we go long periods defending which sucks the energy out of us. Unless we can fix our error ridden game our future looks bleak no matter how good our roster is. All our senior players dropped the ball or handed it over cheaply - why? What do we do at training?
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Good team on paper but I am not so excited. Look at our results against the top sides the last two years. We are way behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
            Good team on paper but I am not so excited. Look at our results against the top sides the last two years. We are way behind them.
            I understand the concern but there is one variable: Radley and Keary haven't played together consistently for two years. They can be very formidable next year if they both stay fit.

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
              ROOSTERS 2022 Team

1.Tedesco (c)

2.Toops

3.Suaali

4.Manu

5.Smith

6.Keary (c)

7.Walker (GK)

8.JWH

9.Verrels

10.Collins

11.Crighton

12.N.Butcher

13.Radley

14.Watson

15.Taka

16.Sitili

17.E.Butcher

18.Keighran

19.Baker

20.Tuphua

21.Whyte

22.Merscke
              Too bad that there's no room for Hutch

Comment

Your forgetting to add Ranouf Atoni from the Bulldogs coming next year. A big body upfront!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  To be fair JT if we had most of our players on deck this year the results would be a lot different against the top sides..

Also last year we copped 2 acl injuries on the same night and a fair few injuries throughout the year, and I’m not the type to make excuses..It’s just reality

My concern for next year is the centre and wing position as we can’t rely on a player like Billy Smith given his injury history, I hope the Club is looking to shore up those areas..

Comment

i'm going to put this season to bed before i start thinking about next. the boys did well in hard circumstances but if it's going to count then they've got to raise the bar in 2022, but for now they should just go to the bar

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Too bad that there's no room for Hutch
                      If out of loyalty for this year to find a spot for him, I would put him in for butcher, same size, and might be our ball playing 2nd rower.

Comment

HELLLOOOO!!!! Is it just me or does that bench I’ve named look absolutely lethal,,,,,maximum impact high mins if needed and fast

Comment

Watson
                          Taka
                          Sitili
                          E.Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

If out of loyalty for this year to find a spot for him, I would put him in for butcher, same size, and might be our ball playing 2nd rower.
                            I’ve been a fan of Hutch while he was off with the injury and in his return from that but watching him last night he looked stuffed and could not run back to defend. Not sure if it was the injury that was still hampering him or that he’s just too unfit to compete at this level.

If there are injuries in the halves I would like Watson to step in and then maybe Hutch as #14.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I’ve been a fan of Hutch while he was off with the injury and in his return from that but watching him last night he looked stuffed and could not run back to defend. Not sure if it was the injury that was still hampering him or that he’s just too unfit to compete at this level.

If there are injuries in the halves I would like Watson to step in and then maybe Hutch as #14.
                              He wasn't the only one struggling. I put it down to it being a long, tough season. We had a mix of young guys who aren't used to playing at that high level intensity for so many games and then we had our stars like Teddy, JWH and co who have had to increase their workload for an extended period of time with no prospect of much of a break. I think the signs were there last week that we were red lining and it came to the fore last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X