Smoke and Mirrors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Sam played around 47 minutes from memory but Willie Mason won in 2004 and I think he played around 53 minutes. I remember Bob McCarthy trying to talk his way out of it later when questioned..what is the threshold anyway?

So using that logic, Sam would not have been eligible on Saturday night..
    It was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
      Bmoz was robbed in 2019.
      Jack Wighton and DCE were both deadbeat decisions IMO. In both cases some flog was cheering for the other team and decided to give the award to the opposition's marquee half (on the basis that they were hoping they'd seal the deal in the final 1/4).

In both games the said halves failed to seal the deal an (instead), Easts won. Rather than reward our players for doing a better job (seriously, there's an unwritten rule that the winner takes the MoTM medal 100% of the time, even if a gun opponent put in a career-best performance only to fall short).

Sigh... I think that it's better to be hated than to be shyte. I mean, 11 teams did worse than us (aka the Bears) this year. Could be 12 after Friday's game. There's a reason people hate us and it isn't because we're cheats, grubs, penalty-milking wimps or teacher's pets.

Comment

lol Robbo said today they had to get Joey back out and training because he was getting fat.

Robbo also said it was a very severe injury and he is basically no chance of playing again this season.
        Last edited by fletch; 09-16-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I am also in camp Sam Moa robbed in 2013, what a fairy tale that would have been. I proudly booed DCE receiving his award and the carry on in the papers, on twitter and on the radio about the Roosters fans being disrespectful was hilarious.

Of the 3 grand final wins I was at (13, 18, 19) 2013 was the best celebration night.

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

I'm sure McCarthy boasted in the media how he made sure a Rooster didn't get the CCM in 2013.
          The dickhead said that SBW didn't do anything while Watmough was on the field even though there's a glorious photo of SBW making the break that lead to a try with Fatmough in the background looking on in anguish

Here it is: https://www.nrl.com/siteassets/2013/...o-article-fill

Fatso in the background doing nothing

Here's another angle: https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...re-id183386180
          Last edited by SamKerrSimp; 09-16-2021, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post

BREAKING NEWS

Our reporter on the ground heard from those close to the club, that Manu is a certainty to play in Friday's blockbuster against Manly. You read it here first at the Telegraph.
            Your original post with the Manu photo just made the Telecrap InstaShit page lol

Comment

In 2013 somebody mentioned James Maloney to McCarthy as a worthy recipient of the CCM, after all he kicked for two tries and made the line break that led up to the go ahead try. He also kicked 5 from 5. McCarthy's response was he didn't do a lot other than a couple of lucky kicks! That decision was totally embarrassing and then they trumped it by giving it to Wighton in 2019! Yeah he scored a try, but he also had a bazillion opportunities inside our 20m to orchestrate a match winning play, including playing against a 12 man defensive line for 10 mins and came up with a duck egg! It had to be JWH or BMoz for sure. JWH was even told he was getting it only for the Raiders consortium to swing things to their poster boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                In 2013 somebody mentioned James Maloney to McCarthy as a worthy recipient of the CCM, after all he kicked for two tries and made the line break that led up to the go ahead try. He also kicked 5 from 5. McCarthy's response was he didn't do a lot other than a couple of lucky kicks! That decision was totally embarrassing and then they trumped it by giving it to Wighton in 2019! Yeah he scored a try, but he also had a bazillion opportunities inside our 20m to orchestrate a match winning play, including playing against a 12 man defensive line for 10 mins and came up with a duck egg! It had to be JWH or BMoz for sure. JWH was even told he was getting it only for the Raiders consortium to swing things to their poster boy!
                McCarthy is a miserable bum. His son went to my school in the 70s and I can tell you the apple didn't fall far from the tree either. I remember young Darren telling me the day after the Amco Cup final, where Fairfax scored a brilliant try only to miss the conversion against Wests, that his dad kicked over his chair in a fit of rage after Fairfax scored saying "I knew that poof would do something like this".

Class act all around.

Comment

Working...
                X