Roosters v Manly Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters v Manly Predictions

I reckon Manly are vulnerable on the flanks.

Their centres and wingers were all over the shop in defence v Melbourne. Their confidence is shot. If we direct plenty of traffic towards J'Moz and Toupo's side we are certainly going to rack up some points. Good thing is, that's Hutches side of the field. And i'd trust Hutch rather than Lam at creating these opportunities too. Hutch's kicking has been pinpoint of late.

Manly likewise will be pumping Keighran and Ikuvalu's side. I rate their ability to score points, but FMD they leak like a sieve. Teddy will have his hands full cleaning up after them. We are really lucky to have Teddy. It is tempting to think Copely might be a chance at sliding in for Iku to add experience and better defence, but I reckon Robbo is giving Iku the nod because for all his flaws, Iku has a habit of finding the tryline.

FMD I wish Manu was back......is there any form of protective headgear that goes around the whole face (except the mouth and two slits for the eyes) that we can get Manu into?

SST missing is a concern, but at least JWH is there. Not concerned with our pack, I think they'll do the job.

Verills will be very lucky to play IMO....broken nose on the opposition means he is fkd, even though there was nothing Verrils could have done to move out of the way of a falling body. Marschke is a good enough replacement, but i'd really prefer to start Lam at 9, Walker 7 and have Marschke coming off the bench. We've got to win this one - and I reckon it's worth the gamble of having Walker out there for as long as possible.

DCE has a habit of crabbing and trying to do too much at times. If we get Manly on the back foot and scoot ahead, this will bode well. DCE is a thinker, but he thinks too much and this is his downfall. He gets indecisive and goes down the tubes. He is a bit Pearce like, albeit with a better kicking game.

Turbo...well, we've just got to deal with him. Assume he'll get at least a try and probably set up two more. We'll need to score more than 20 to win this weekend.

But we'll do it.

As i've said all along, The Roosters will be in the Grand Final this year.

Roosters 24 - Manly 22

You can take that to the bank!

Everyone knows I have the most and brightest RWB glasses on when I assess our chances, and I’m the ultimate optimist of our chances. This time our beloved coqs look to be tired and errors are increasing, so I think we’d struggle to win. But if we win I’ll be celebrating as hard as ever.
    PS: sorry Mickie just pinching your thought process.

Comment

Tedesco to play the first eleven point game. Easts by 9
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

To get this far speaks volumes for our team and coach.
        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
          Everyone knows I have the most and brightest RWB glasses on when I assess our chances, and I’m the ultimate optimist of our chances. This time our beloved coqs look to be tired and errors are increasing, so I think we’d struggle to win. But if we win I’ll be celebrating as hard as ever.
          PS: sorry Mickie just pinching your thought process.
          I agree our beloved Easts look spent they will go with Manly for the best part of 60 minutes then we will run out of puff the heat and humidity is the biggest enemy weather forecast says high of 25 low of 18 with 64% humidity the week off is the best thing that could happen for Storm and Souffs.

Robbo needs to get more value out of the interchange we have been playing with 16 players for what a month now? S.Walker coming in for 10 mins maybe fatiguing the rest of the team? (Im not questioning his selection he has iced many games for us this year) if SST is anything less then 100% fit I believe we simply cannot afford to carry him.
          What is the prognosis for N.Butcher? If he’s not fit bring in that big bopper Tapuha he has some real X factor about him.

Victor was in everything and put everything into every tackle and because of fatigue nearly seriously injured himself again putting his body on the line tackling I think Lisone or was it Fotoeika?
          Our best chance may well be to try and blow them off the park early and defend our lead, Manly have as many errors in them as we do, whoever holds the pill here wins simple Souffs waiting for the roadkill in week 3 I’m not sure how Robbo goes about training this week.

Thoughts?
          Last edited by Teddy; 09-14-2021, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Without Turbo Manly are bog average. DCE is very good so has to be pressured on every play. Same as every game, complete at over 75%, get 50% possession, we win

Comment

Verrills won’t get his charge downgraded and SST will be ruled out through injury. Lam will start at 9 with Walker at 7 and Marschke at 14. JWH and Rads will have big games, Roosters will win by 2 in a tough match, with Keighran slotting home the winning kick.

Comment

Our bench doesnt have enough minutes in them and Turbo won't be contained two weeks in a row.

Like others have said our determination will keep us in it but I think they will be too strong at the end

Comment

I don’t think manly are a better side than us, other than if turbo goes all freak show. A lot of pressure on him,
                  chooks 18-10.

manly by 40 if turbo is on.

Comment

This is my prediction. A song for the Roosters:

Oh and I also predict I'll be eating larger bags of potato chips than I usually do....for the Parra game too..

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                      This is my prediction. A song for the Roosters:

Oh and I also predict I'll be eating larger bags of potato chips than I usually do....for the Parra game too..

Only one bag of chips? That's decent self-control right there. I'll definitely be stocking up!

Last week I grabbed:
                      - A 6-pack of bloke in a bar lagers (NSW version... cheap as they were leftovers from Origin. Why have I been drinking hipster beers for so long? Lager just works!)
                      - Chilli and lime corn chips.
                      - Beef jerky from our local butcher.
                      - Wasabi Harvest Snaps.
                      - Maybe a little bag of chocolates if I'm lucky.

Comment

Here is the only silver lining we have had in as far as luck for the year because player wise we have probably set a new record in injuries since 1908...

The best scenario for us as far as easier way to the GF (if it was possible) was to finish 6th then play the Knights and then a beaten souffs followed by the Storm. Other than the Storm, the other 2 were doable as opposed to a what we believed a strong Manly then at the time a rampaging penriff on the other side of the draw, I think. The funny thing is that the eels thinking it was going to be easier to finish 6th by resting their players on the last round, now have to beat the riff and the drizz...More Arthurs magic there!

Firstly, the Storm exposed Manlys weakness so far for everyone to see that they will be coming sore & sorry hoping that Robbo hasn't seen that and doesn't work out a plan to try and do something similar, even with our tired and inexperienced players. The other thing about Manly is that in the past 10 or so rounds in the regular season, they have played mostly teams outside the top 8, with the exception of the Storm, which they lost, and those hapless eels, and yes they can put points, on easy teams. It's going to be hard, but where theres a will....

Secondly, souffs upset the NRLs plan by outsmarting a smart arse in Cleary and shoving them into the much harder side of the draw and making the side that we are now on, a much easier (not EASY) path to the GF.

My opinion about how to play Manly, get as many points as possible with Walker first on, then replace him with a defensive player that can do something with the ball as well. Not sure who. BTW I hope Nat Butcher is close. If we need Walker back to ice it, then put him back on. To leave Walker till the last minute won't work out every time and if anything, Dessy will probably have something to deal with Walker if he is only there for a drop kick.
                        Last edited by ROC181; 09-14-2021, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Turbo will be on. He is having a freak show year like Hayne, Barber, Carney did.

Comment

Sorry I'm a hard marker .If we don't win we have achieved nothing .Proud of the boys this year but we play for premierships and anything less is a disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                              Turbo will be on. He is having a freak show year like Hayne, Barber, Carney did.
                              Not against good sides. Though having said that, are we a good side?

Comment

Working...
                              X