Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the shield from JWH, Crichton and Radley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the shield from JWH, Crichton and Radley?

Just putting it out there... I think we've been soft to accept that JWH, Radley and Crichton were standing in-front of Walker as a shield when he kicked that drop-goal. See the following picture (sorry for the poor quality).

https://imgur.com/a/O8fd6xS

The way I see it...
    - Walker's just behind the 20, on the right, completely surrounded by Titans players (with no Roosters in-front of him on the right).
    - A Titans player (who's lying on the ground) had an uninhibited shot at Walker, but clearly didn't get him.
    - Radley and Crichton are walking over from the left, completely uninvolved. I THINK that's JWH next to Radley, but can't make-out the jersey number (and he doesn't look tall enough given Rads is ~183cm but I could be wrong).
    - The players closest to him are Sitili, J-Moz and Ikuvalu. They are all sitting deep and the defence was weighted to the Titans' left because there's the threat of a try on our right edge.
    - Shields aren't uncommon but in this case, Walker was completely vulnerable. I don't think it's fair to say that JWH, Radley and Crichton were all standing right in-front of him, shielding him from the Titans' defence.
    Last edited by ism22; 09-13-2021, 03:49 PM.

If required again "the wall" will be better constructed. Twice a Titan's player was able to get through "the wall" unimpeded, the first was able to charge down the kick

Comment

C'mon, ask yourself this??? Go back and watch every field goal in the past 5 years and tell me that every team's wall is not in front of the play the ball... Also, would we be saying anything if it was Nathan Cleary kicking the field goal???

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
        C'mon, ask yourself this??? Go back and watch every field goal in the past 5 years and tell me that every team's wall is not in front of the play the ball... Also, would we be saying anything if it was Nathan Cleary kicking the field goal???
        Skellator would.
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          Just putting it out there... I think we've been soft to accept that JWH, Radley and Crichton were standing in-front of Walker as a shield when he kicked that drop-goal. See the following picture (sorry for the poor quality).

https://imgur.com/a/O8fd6xS

The way I see it...
          - Walker's just behind the 20, on the right, completely surrounded by Titans players (with no Roosters in-front of him on the right).
          - A Titans player (who's lying on the ground) had an uninhibited shot at Walker, but clearly didn't get him.
          - Radley and Crichton are walking over from the left, completely uninvolved. I THINK that's JWH next to Radley, but can't make-out the jersey number (and he doesn't look tall enough given Rads is ~183cm but I could be wrong).
          - The players closest to him are Sitili, J-Moz and Ikuvalu. They are all sitting deep and the defence was weighted to the Titans' left because there's the threat of a try on our right edge.
          - Shields aren't uncommon but in this case, Walker was completely vulnerable. I don't think it's fair to say that JWH, Radley and Crichton were all standing right in-front of him, shielding him from the Titans' defence.
          If the shoe was on the other foot you would have 5 scenarios showing it was a block.

Comment

mmmm I have a feeling the next time we need a field goal ...Sam W will be the dummy and fool the markers, with the ball actually going to Keighran or Hutch to kick. Much like Cronk was used as the dummy and Latrell kicking the F Goal against Melb. Don't be surprised if Teddy steps up to kick a match winning FGoal ...he can do everything else !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
              mmmm I have a feeling the next time we need a field goal ...Sam W will be the dummy and fool the markers, with the ball actually going to Keighran or Hutch to kick. Much like Cronk was used as the dummy and Latrell kicking the F Goal against Melb. Don't be surprised if Teddy steps up to kick a match winning FGoal ...he can do everything else !
              As long as Pearcey isn't having a go, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
                If required again "the wall" will be better constructed. Twice a Titan's player was able to get through "the wall" unimpeded, the first was able to charge down the kick

The fact they got through is probably why we weren’t penalised. It’s probably better practice to hinder them but not stop them.

Comment

Happens in every field goal but they have plucked this one out to highlight a penalty, if they want to go down that route how many of the defenders are onside or markers square when a field goal is attempted

Comment

How often does the defending team jump the gun and get away with being inside the 10 as they try to charge the field goal down? The rule book is pretty much put away when there's a shot at field goal, as it should be I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
                      Now they're going to change the rules...to thwart Roosters scoring from field goals...apparently.

Comment

there was a wall, but there is for every field goal. take off the rwb glasses .

Comment

So what happens if walker kicks from behind the ruck(play the ball). Is that a wall tooooo.
                          the nrl wants to protect players from late contact, protect the legs of a kicker but a team cant protect their team mates.
                          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                          X