No announcement yet.

MRC At It Again - Verrills Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'd like to see front on footage but i'm still not sure he hit him with his shoulder. there's definite contact head on head and head on torso but i'm not sure he hit him with his shoulder. if there was head on shoulder but the head on head contact was first then hard to see how it was grade 2

Comment

• I'm at a loss for words with this suspension. Common sense doesn't exist in the NRL

Comment

• There are no mitigating circumstances anymore and no matter how it happens or with what (arm/shoulder ) any hit to the head on a ball carrier will be subject to a penalty/on field reporting/sin bin and or send off and a judiciary charge.

It's the 7 tackle rule scenario - A blanket rule to cover all and any scenario's - Duty of Care is often mentioned at the Judiciary by the NRL Brief.

If a 6ft 5 player was tackling a 5ft 11 player with both upright in a ball and all tackle it is highly likely the 5ft 11 ball carriers head will hit some part of the defenders body - shoulder say - under the current interpretation that would result in a penalty/report/sin bin or send off and a judiciary charge.

Not sure the Roosters brief made enough in his defence for Verrills of Sitili's involvement in propelling Kelly somewhat into the tackle or the running style of Kelly who has a running style of springing off his toes into the defence
        Last edited by King Salvo; 09-16-2021, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
          Well Gould got what he wanted.
          Time to switch off ch9

Comment

• Originally posted by dice View Post
            Schuster does a Judo throw which risks breaking the player's neck and only gets a fine. Titans player falls into a front-on tackle that Verrills cannot avoid and he get rubbed out.
            Yes, it's circus music and streamers stuff.
            But you know how it is:
            "Everybody hates the Roosters"- Souths captain Reynolds said it true.

Comment

• I have a feeling the decision was repercussion fallout from LM situation, outrage souffs fans crying for blood influenced the outcome

What I don't get is even though we accepted the punishment and only seeking to downgrade the grading but coping full blunt of a failed contest. There should be rules of outcome differences when contesting a charge vs seeking grading review

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                I'm at a loss for words with this suspension. Common sense doesn't exist in the NRL
                He should never have pled guilty.
                Once he did that he was cactus.
                HE said he was guilty.
                A very bad idea.
                Last edited by bondi.boy; 09-15-2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• still it was not a grade two Latrells was agrade 3 or 4 even an effen 5 if they have one...manipulation of the rules to please Mr Handshake ...I got to know about him in my old associations day ..the most evil bloke to coach in league .
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                    still it was not a grade two Latrells was agrade 3 or 4 even an effen 5 if they have one...manipulation of the rules to please Mr Handshake ...I got to know about him in my old associations day ..the most evil bloke to coach in league .
                    You're driving in traffic. You're leaving a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front...80kph...all is well.
                    All of sudden someone driving at 100kph flies past you, jumps into your lane in front of you and slams on their brakes...you run up the back of them, their vehicle catches fire and the occupants of the car perish.
                    Cops (the law) arrive, charge you with "culpable driving causing death" .

Bad idea to plead guilty in court before the judge, then ask for a fine only or a bond.

Comment

• Sam V got robbed. Roosters got ripped off.

Time to get on with it.

Bring on Manly.

I hate Manly!

Comment

• I'm the same as many others here who only watch Easts now. I used to watch every game and win the work and mates tipping comps. This year I think a dog may have beat me.

Comment

• On SEN, rugby league commentator Andrew Voss was furious, demanding the NRL judiciary process be overhauled during the off-season, labelling the Verrills ban a “joke”.

“If what Sam Verrills did really is a two-game ban offence, why would the referee not sin bin him during the game? Why would the bunker believe he shouldn’t be binned?” Voss wrote.

“The system is stuffed, it is absolutely stuffed.”

Voss also slammed the early plea discounts and the confusing loading and carry-over points system, adding: “Come post grand final, blow the whole damn system up.”

Plenty of others were also furious. NRL reporter Phil Rothfield tweeted: “The decision to suspend Sam Verrills for two weeks tonight is an utter disgrace. Worse incidents this year have resulted in fines. Verrills is a good, clean player. The NRL judiciary, match review, bunker and football department is an embarrassment.”

Journalist Cody Kaye wrote: “Sam Verrills does not deserve two weeks for that shot. Especially if Paulo is playing this weekend after accepting a fine for a very similar tackle.”

Broadcaster Mark Levy added: “If 3 former players on a judiciary panel think Sam Verrills’ tackle on Brian Kelly is grade 2 and worth 2 weeks on the sidelines, we have a MAJOR problem.

“Before you jump down my throat, I grew up supporting the Bunnies. Blow up the match review and judiciary and start again!!!”

Comment

• Good on Gould - asking the "NRL prosecutor" to go on the field and demonstrate what "duty of care" means.

Also mocking what a wank it is having an "NRL prosecutor" to basically act like he passionately believes with all his fibre whatever bullshit charges and grading the MRC come up with.

But having the pseudo court setting presumably gives the NRL their desired impression of gravitas, due process and justice.

The MRC are as he says clearly under instruction because VLandys the criminal is worried about lawsuits, and the "judiciary" of ex-players should go into a corner somewhere and die of shame for suspending Verrils over that.
                            Last edited by player 1; 09-15-2021, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Easts have been made the scapegoat this year because we don’t stand up enough for ourselves, are true gentlemen and sportsmen. MRC Bullies have no qualms singling out the innocent. Nick ought to threaten to create another break away league and ditch these jokers. Then we can have a true comp where the best team wins not the highest bribe. For Rugby League to survive we need a new comp that dumps Vlandys, the current refs, the bunker and MRC. Then and only then can RL thrive.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• **** em - let's win this week and next for sam

Comment

Working...
                                X