MRC At It Again - Verrills Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    The game is really going to shit under Peter V. I want him gone. The big ‘commission’ was meant to fix the game despite it never being broken. The video ref was meant to clean up the on field decisions but no so they brought in the bunker. As if having an idiot make a decision from off-sight was ever going to fix things.

No matter how bad it gets I’ll always watch the Roosters but it’s very disappointing to watch what’s happened to the game.
    I would love.to be able to turn the game off and never watch it again....but i just bloody love Easts too much !! Like others have said, just so dissapointing what has happened to our game

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
      I would love to see the judiciaries explanation to dismiss Verrillss defence that it was less careless than Paulo's hit.

The NRL have always lacked transparency around this though so not holding my breath.

Sums up the season, anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

So disappointed as a fan of the game to see that given two weeks. Supesnions are there to incentivise against poor behaviour or poor technique. This falls into neither, it was just unlucky. We have lost sight of what the judiciary and MRC are there for.
      I have said it before on another thread. Verrills is not the first player in the NRL to fall victim to the MRC and Judiciary for being unable to disappear into thin air. Both organisations have lost the plot.

Comment

• Is there any avenue of appeal?

I feel for Sam, not being able to play against his junior club in a semi would be shattering.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Check the image on the front page of foxsports.

Two weeks for THAT!

No swinging arm. No momentum.

He just farking stands there bracing for the impact of a wrapping tackle when Kelly falls forward from Sitili's impact into his collarbone.

Deadset charge Kelly for attacking Verrills collarbone with his head.

A farking farce.

Meanwhile a dozen weeks ago it was cool for Christian Welch to use his fat skull as a missile and launch it at Sam Walker's head whilst kicking. That's cool. Play on.

Stupid farking NRL. Burn it to the ground with all the dullard execs inside. I used to love this game. Now I hate it with a passion.

Comment

• Is it just me, or can I hear circus music playing somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjedLeVGcfE

Comment

• This decision means that the NRL expect players to, while they are defending account for all hypothetical angles an attacking player might fall to when they are defending.

It's probably been said already, but it is humaly impossible for Sammy Verrills to move out of the way. A contortionist acrobat wouldnt have been able to do it. Once you are angled forward and are braced to make a tackle, and the attacking player starts falling, it is FKN impossible in most cases to do anything about it.

I will stop short at saying corruption, as I dont have evidence.

But the judiciary are breathtakingly incompetent. Like a doctor that doesnt know how to use a stethoscope.

Legit, my 6 year old nephew would have come to a fairer decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                The game is really going to shit under Peter V. I want him gone. The big ‘commission’ was meant to fix the game despite it never being broken. The video ref was meant to clean up the on field decisions but no so they brought in the bunker. As if having an idiot make a decision from off-sight was ever going to fix things.

No matter how bad it gets I’ll always watch the Roosters but it’s very disappointing to watch what’s happened to the game.
                I agree with this. League is not interesting at all in its current state and during this season I’ve stopped watching non-Roosters which is a shame because I used to love super Saturday with a bbq and beers or Friday night footy double header but it’s just a farce and Vlandys is ruining what made league special.

Comment

• Yep the NRL where players are required to defy the laws of physics! Well Roosters players anyway.

Comment

• As far as I am concerned, the NRL can GFI!!!

Go Roosters!!!
                    "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

• Something is very wrong with the rules when you can get pulled up for a forward pass, however, you cannot challenge the decision as they can’t rule on them. I know the Roosters don’t lay down, but it is time to stand up and make a stand, and to do so, one must lay down at every opportunity, head butt shoulders, hold necks, wave arms around when you don’t agree with a decision.

Time to make a mockery of what the game has become.
                      Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

• The move by the club to appeal to me says that they don’t expect to make it past Manly otherwise they would not have risked a two match suspension knowing the MRC is corrupt.
                        “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                          The move by the club to appeal to me says that they don’t expect to make it past Manly otherwise they would not have risked a two match suspension knowing the MRC is corrupt.
                          Don't know about that.

To me it's as simple as it's a do or die final + Verills is our best hooker.

Why wouldnt we go all out?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                            Something is very wrong with the rules when you can get pulled up for a forward pass, however, you cannot challenge the decision as they can’t rule on them. I know the Roosters don’t lay down, but it is time to stand up and make a stand, and to do so, one must lay down at every opportunity, head butt shoulders, hold necks, wave arms around when you don’t agree with a decision.

Time to make a mockery of what the game has become.
                            Indeed.
                            Time to be thugs as well.
                            Bash em, smash em, trash em...time to get nasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                              I would love to see the judiciaries explanation to dismiss Verrillss defence that it was less careless than Paulo's hit.

The NRL have always lacked transparency around this though so not holding my breath.

Sums up the season, anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

So disappointed as a fan of the game to see that given two weeks. Supesnions are there to incentivise against poor behaviour or poor technique. This falls into neither, it was just unlucky. We have lost sight of what the judiciary and MRC are there for.
                              I can only assume it came down to the Titans players being injured (broken nose) for it to have been grade 2 careless tackle instead of a grade 1

Comment

• I still cannot believe the comments on this forum of those that thought there would be a trial by videotape.
                                Has anyone heard of an Agenda?
                                The NRL , MRC, and judiciary have an agenda.
                                It is to show the public that they are serious about their “high contact” stance and protecting player welfare.
                                If the judiciary overturned the Verrills suspension , guess what - no suspensions in their crackdown mode, plus , they lose face and credibility because they have made the wrong decision for the umpteenth time.
                                The agenda is also about letting Riff & Parra players off, because appeasing those large fanbases is what the NRL want.(to win)
                                The Verrill’s decision was already made before Tuesday night.
                                To think that we live in a perfect world, without corruption, political and other agendas of the power brokers is so naive.
                                To those who are reviewing the videotape and are still trying to work out how he got two weeks , I say one thing - wake up.

Comment

Working...
                                X