No announcement yet.

What Would Happen, If We Won The Comp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would Happen, If We Won The Comp?

Hypothetical Alert!

OK yes it highly unlikely and could be a fairytale blah blah blah, you hear Mickie Lane ? But what would happen if everything fell in our favour from now on and we got to the Grand Final and maybe even won it with this team:

ROOSTERS
    1. Teddy
    2. Tupuo
    3. Morris
    4. Keighran
    5. Ikuvalu
    6. Huthchison
    7. Lam
    8. JWH
    9. Verrills
    10. SST
    11. Chrichton
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Walker
    15. Liu
    16. Butcher E
    17. Baker

What would happen to 3 key players that could potentially be GF winners ? Only 3 players that are not on this list are coming back next year and that is Keary, Collins and Manu with Watson coming in. I'm not including B Smith and Suaalii because they are still fringe players as they haven't cemented their place just yet due to injury. Joey will come in for JMoz so theres no problem there plus he's been an integral part until that thug took him out.

So Hutch is replacing Keary, Lam is 14 but it is assumed he will be replaced by Connor Watson and Fletcher will be replaced by Lindsay but if they made the GF and won it, does Robbo say:

"Great win Hutch and don't forget to report to Jason Taylor in December."
    "Lammy, awesome try... You're old man called and says he wants you in the UK next year, got your vaxs done?"
    " Fletch...You missing Murwillumbah yet?"

That would mean 3 grand finalists just cast aside for 3 players that were not part of a team that made a grand final and maybe won it...

Or

Does Robbo say:

"Luke, it's been great having you here...Have you heard from Crowe recently? They're having issues with their halves so maybe ...?"
    "Lindsay, I hear Kevvie would love to have you back at the Broncos."
    "Connor...we're keeping Lachie...sorry for the inconvenience, but how about the Bears?"

You wouldn't dump 3 big names to the Bears and likewise 3 grand finalists. What would Robbo do?

What Would Happen, If We Won The Comp?”

We’d be better premiers than gestapo gladys that’s for sure

Comment

Concentrate on the Titans game only - the old one game at a time

Comment

It would be the most incredible premiership win in history.

I can certainly see is making round three if Melbourne and Penrith win this week. I think we would struggle to beat them in round three. We can match their packs but our backs are a bit of a worry in defence.

As far as your point, Robbo would select the best players so we would have a crazy situation of players with premiership rings playing for Norths if all were fit.
        Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 09-08-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
          Hypothetical Alert!

OK yes it highly unlikely and could be a fairytale blah blah blah, you hear Mickie Lane ? But what would happen if everything fell in our favour from now on and we got to the Grand Final and maybe even won it with this team:

ROOSTERS
          1. Teddy
          2. Tupuo
          3. Morris
          4. Keighran
          5. Ikuvalu
          6. Huthchison
          7. Lam
          8. JWH
          9. Verrills
          10. SST
          11. Chrichton
          12. Tupouniua
          13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
          14. Walker
          15. Liu
          16. Butcher E
          17. Baker

What would happen to 3 key players that could potentially be GF winners ? Only 3 players that are not on this list are coming back next year and that is Keary, Collins and Manu with Watson coming in. I'm not including B Smith and Suaalii because they are still fringe players as they haven't cemented their place just yet due to injury. Joey will come in for JMoz so theres no problem there plus he's been an integral part until that thug took him out.

So Hutch is replacing Keary, Lam is 14 but it is assumed he will be replaced by Connor Watson and Fletcher will be replaced by Lindsay but if they made the GF and won it, does Robbo say:

"Great win Hutch and don't forget to report to Jason Taylor in December."
          "Lammy, awesome try... You're old man called and says he wants you in the UK next year, got your vaxs done?"
          " Fletch...You missing Murwillumbah yet?"

That would mean 3 grand finalists just cast aside for 3 players that were not part of a team that made a grand final and maybe won it...

Or

Does Robbo say:

"Luke, it's been great having you here...Have you heard from Crowe recently? They're having issues with their halves so maybe ...?"
          "Lindsay, I hear Kevvie would love to have you back at the Broncos."
          "Connor...we're keeping Lachie...sorry for the inconvenience, but how about the Bears?"

You wouldn't dump 3 big names to the Bears and likewise 3 grand finalists. What would Robbo do?
          It would be one of the greatest sporting achievements ever, think Leicester City in 2015/16 English Premier league (personally I think that’s the greatest) Steven Bradbury Winter Olympics, New York Giants 2007 beating the seemingly unbeatable Tom Brady led Patriots who went 18 games undefeated all the way to SB and we’re totally outplayed by the Eli Manning led Giants (they beat them again in 2012 again nobody thought that would happen). U20’s Sydney Roosters defeat table topping Panthers in 2016 gran final

We would be etched NRL folklore, when nobody backs you to win what do you have to lose? Nobody gives us a chance vs the top 4 teams for good reason no NRL era team has won the competition from outside the 4 it’s a record, but records are meant to be broken, we finished as minor premiers in 2018 on 34 competition points 8th finished on 32, think about how close that teams were in that year it was a great year, we beat the Sharks, Souffs and belted the Storm who nobody thought we could beat.

Dumb and Dumber V’landys ABDO reaction would be priceless.

That would change the comp again so the Roosters can only have 12 players on the field. Lmao

GO EASTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
            It would be the most incredible premiership win in history.

I can certainly see is making round three if Melbourne and Penrith win this week. I think we would struggle to beat them in round three. We can match their packs but our backs are a bit of a worry in defence.

As far as your point, Robbo would select the best players so we would have a crazy situation of players with premiership rings playing for Norths if all were fit.

And for people thinking that we can't make it to a grand final with this team...yeah probably but Canterbury made it to the 2014 GF and they were shit, likewise the 2005 GF was between 2 ordinary teams because every other club fell by the way side.

Comment

And for people thinking that we can't make it to a grand final with this team...yeah probably but Canterbury made it to the 2014 GF and they were shit, likewise the 2005 GF was between 2 ordinary teams because every other club fell by the way side.
              We would need a miracle. Canterbury were delivered one by us losing in the first round of the semis putting both us and Souffs on the same side of the draw.

The Cows and Tigers were delivered one by rule changes at the end of 2004 to get rid of our gang tackling that gave the advantage to touch footy sides. History repeats.

If for some reason we didn't meet Melbourne or Penrith until the GF I would give us a very good chance of making it. I am confident we can beat Souffs and Manly.

I will gladly put away my white flag for good if we pull it off. Just thinking about it now fries my brain.

It's not impossible and I would bet that Robbo and the boys think it's more than possible. There is a real steel in his eyes.

Comment

Goes to show the finals are a different comp though- the regular season determines your place on the ladder and not how you may go in the finals series as that is irrelevant in these one off games. You don't get a head start or a leg up if you finish higher on the ladder than your finals opponent.

In 2014 Dogs(7) beat Storm (6) /Manly (2) and Penrith (4) to reach the GF against Souths (3)

In 2005 - Tigers (4) beat North QLD (5) / Brisbane (3) and STG/Ill (2) to reach the GF
                North Qld (5) lost to Tigers (4) / beat Storm (6) and Parramatta (1) to reach the GF

All the talk of teams finishing in the 8th with negative differentials - it has happened before

In 2005 Cronulla finished 7th with a points differential of - 14 and Manly who finished 8th a points differential of - 78
                Last edited by King Salvo; 09-08-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Goes to show the finals are a different comp though- the regular season determines your place on the ladder and not how you may go in the finals series as that is irrelevant in these one off games. You don't get a head start or a leg up if you finish higher on the ladder than your finals opponent.

In 2014 Dogs beat Storm (6) /Manly (2) and Penrith (4) to reach the GF against Souths (3)

In 2005 - Tigers (4) beat North QLD (5) / Brisbane (3) and STG/Ill (2) to reach the GF
                  North Qld (5) lost to Tigers (4) / beat Storm (6) and Parramatta (1) to reach the GF
                  Normally you have to be in the top four to win. But I think that with no home advantage that isn't the case now. With a bit of luck we can get there. It will be disappointing now if we don't make round three.

Comment

We would need injuries or suspensions to opposition teams and for them to be seriously fatigued.

That fact that we're playing finals is borderline miraculous. A win would be tremendous. Anything more would go down in folklore.

Nothing is impossible.

Comment

Winning it this year ( something I keep dreaming of) would be the biggest achievement of any team in the history of the game.
                      As far as who is selected next year, let’s worry about that next March, in the meantime I’ll keep on dreaming one game at a time.

Comment

The Roosters aren’t shit but they’re wounded & will be no match for the top 4 teams. Stop fantasising.
                        The Dogs side in 2014 was not shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

The Roosters aren’t shit but they’re wounded & will be no match for the top 4 teams. Stop fantasising.
                          The Dogs side in 2014 was not shit.
                          mate I say don't give up until we are out. If we make the preliminary final and win it you will be as excited as anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post

mate I say don't give up until we are out. If we make the preliminary final and win it you will be as excited as anyone!
                            100%.
                            Don’t get me wrong mate I would love to see the Roosters bring it on home but I don’t think we have the players to match the top 4 sides because of injury & retirement. I tell you what Doc I’m not gonna say the Chooks can’t win it again, I’ll keep my opinion to myself because I think it sh!ts some of the posters on here & it is a Roosters forum so saying the Roosters can’t win it is not the right thing to say.
                            Go you MIGHTY ROOSTERS.

Comment

IMO Keary not as important to us under the current rules and I expect him to be granted a release to earn more money at the new Queensland franchise if/when it eventuates.

I doubt Lam, Ikuvalu, Hutch, or Keighran would take priority just because they won a premiership. Although I hope we keep Hutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X