Tuku Hau Tapuha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuku Hau Tapuha

Was very impressed with his game against the Raiders. Just his size alone makes him an intriguing prospect, but dropped for the game against Titans altogether. Is there a spot in the team for him in the future?

100% there will be a spot in the future, but the fact of the matter is it was always going to most likely be him to drop out with Rads and JWH back.

He looks awesome so far though and he's only 19 so he's got plenty of games ahead of him, but for this finals game he was expected to drop out and I'm sure he understands why

Comment

Did good, played hard. We will see plenty of him in the future.

Quick question for those smarter than me. I have looked and cant find it anywhere - How big do you think he is?

I am thinking 190cm-ish and maybe 108-110kegs (and will probably fill out).

Comment

He looks about the same size as Payne Hass. So I'd guess about 195cm and 115kg.

A unit.

But with hands like feet

Comment

Looked real good I thought. Raw and rangy with lots of upside. Imagine the effect Jared and Siua would be having on him as he learns the ropes.
          Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 09-07-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Very surprised that he hasn't been named in the reserves. Thought he'd be named over Ben Thomas for instance (even though he has also looked alright). There is definitely a place for him going forward though, I think. He looked a really good player to me, and I hope to see a lot more of him next year.

Comment

He's only 19 and is absolutely a future prospect. Were it not for our unprecedented injury list he wouldn't have even seen a game of FG this year, so the fact he got any time at all is a bonus. I wouldn't worry that he's out of the picture for an elimination game with some of our troops returning.

Comment

THT looks the biggest player at the club based on the team photo taken at the beginning of the year. What I saw from him last game made me think of an unpolished gem. Very much looking forward to seeing how Trent brings him on gradually, as he has done with Lindsay Collins.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                  Was very impressed with his game against the Raiders. Just his size alone makes him an intriguing prospect, but dropped for the game against Titans altogether. Is there a spot in the team for him in the future?
                  Yes, there would be in my team of the future.
                  All the other teams are going big.
                  Not ready for this finals game yet, but he's coming along nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post

Quick question for those smarter than me. I have looked and cant find it anywhere - How big do you think he is?

He is 7 foot 3, 158kgs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post
                      Most definitely but last week he was more or less a like for like replacement for JWH. Trent obviously wanted a big body who could cart the ball up the middle and also it was obviously a lower risk match to give him some much needed game time for his development. Baker has more versatility given his additional mobility and can come off the bench to play Front Row, Lock or Second Row. He was always going to get the nod for this weekends match, however Tapuha is definitely one for the future. He is 20 btw.

Comment

"Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo

He is 7 foot 3, 158kgs.

Don't be stupid.
                        That's not now.
                        Its in a few years, when he grows up, and fills out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

He is 7 foot 3, 158kgs.
                          Same size as my high school sweetheart then.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

He is 7 foot 3, 158kgs.
                            Just the right size for my team.

Comment

Originally posted by top_joe View Post

THT- 193 cm and 112 kg's - 20

Baker - 194 cm and 107 k's - 21

E Butcher - 187 cm and 96 kg's - 21

Whyte - 184 cm and 108 kg's - 20

In comparison

Toops - 196 cm and 102 kg's

JWH - 193 cm and 108 kg's

SST - 186 cm and 108 kg's

Liu - 187 cm and 108 kgs

Collins - 194 cm and 106 kg's

Thomas - 182 cm and 104 kg's
                              Last edited by King Salvo; 09-07-2021, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X