Ricky "The Sook" Stuart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky "The Sook" Stuart

Just listened to his press conference and far out he is such an envious prick. Some of his comments were just disgraceful to be honest...

Reporter "What'd you make of the Roosters" -> Sook "I don't care about the Roosters, I'm worried about me"

"I'm not being disrespectful to the Roosters, they've had a really tough year and done a really good job getting to where they are, but if we can't beat that team out there tonight we're only wasting another week being up here... Like if we couldn't beat that team Christ we will be waiting for another week to get beaten"

Lol how about you accept that you got beat by a far superior coach and a far better team. God I wish we were full strength tonight so we could've put 60 on them, would've made it even better seeing what the Sook had to say about it. Anyways Ricky, hope you enjoyed your stay up on the GC and never remember.... 2019 GF

I don’t see what’s wrong with what he said, why would he care about an opposition team and he’s 100% right on the fact that not being able to beat a team missing a dozen or so players shows that they’re wasting their time next week.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
      I don’t see what’s wrong with what he said, why would he care about an opposition team and he’s 100% right on the fact that not being able to beat a team missing a dozen or so players shows that they’re wasting their time next week.
      I mean it's just blatant disrespect to the boys that were wearing the Roosters jersey tonight, basically degrading them. Fact is we are just the far superior coached football team, and quite obviously the far superior club. Ricky is just a prick, does anything to discredit the opposition and make it all about him against the world. Ah well hope he travels well back to good ol Canberra

Comment

I don't mind Stuart myself as he did Coach the Roosters to three GF's in a row winning 1.

I think as a Coach you would be disappointed with the performance and result as he would have been expecting a much much better effort as basically they had more to play for than Rooster.

I understand what he is meaning - they weren't playing a full strength Storms or Panther team they were playing a team that had 50 put on them in the previous game and who are down on troops and put up that performance.

I certainly expected them to come out all guns blazing - but they left them in their holster instead.

It was like they played with an attitude that they expected Shark to beat Storms

Journalists do ask the daftest questions though at some of those press conferences
        Last edited by King Salvo; 09-03-2021, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Hopefully we won't have to see this perennial LOSER again this year. He is a pretend coach, won nothing since he inherited a premiership team from Graeme Murray in 2002, always been a whinger.

Comment

Sticky is WAY too emotional.

That can work in a clubs favour when everything is going well.

But most of the time I reckon it just drags everyone down mentally.

Raiders never looked like a happy bunch out there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
              Hopefully we won't have to see this perennial LOSER again this year. He is a pretend coach, won nothing since he inherited a premiership team from Graeme Murray in 2002, always been a whinger.
              Not sure about that - Rooster Runner up in 2000 and 6th and Knocked out first week of Finals in 2001 - Stuart brought Brett Mullins back from England which many on here from the Wall days were dead against it as it took Mullins a while to get back to full fitness.

In current terms Mullins at that stage would be likened to a combo of Lam/Hutch (before those dishing him suddenly become his number 1 fans) / N Butcher and any other players regularly dished on here.

Mullins played that well -26 games and 17 tries that Rooster tried to sign him to a $1 contract for 2003 but alas the NRL vetoed that idea.
              Last edited by King Salvo; 09-03-2021, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not sure about that - Rooster Runner up in 2000 and 6th and Knocked out first week of Finals in 2001 - Stuart brought Brett Mullins back from England which many on here from the Wall days were against as it took Mullins a while to get back to full fitness.
                Isn’t he the one who brought Finch in and broke up the Fittler- Wing halves combo?

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Isn’t he the one who brought Finch in and broke up the Fittler- Wing halves combo?
                  I didn't mind Finchy myself although the "family" that sat behind us in bay 14 hated him and other players too over the years.- Mini/Ricko/Perrett/Cross etc - always used to tell us you don't know what they are really like away from football etc etc

For Wing it was a good move going from half to dummy half though as he would not have been selected at half for NSW/Australia in from of A Johns

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post

I mean it's just blatant disrespect to the boys that were wearing the Roosters jersey tonight, basically degrading them. Fact is we are just the far superior coached football team, and quite obviously the far superior club. Ricky is just a prick, does anything to discredit the opposition and make it all about him against the world. Ah well hope he travels well back to good ol Canberra
                    You’re soft if you consider this disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Lol inherited a premiership side, we finished 6th, won something like 4 of our last 12 games and got beat by 40 points in the 2001 semi final, people just refuse to give Stuart credit for the work he did with the club in 02-04

Comment

Fittler was the reason we won 2002 not Stuart.

Comment

The angry coach only works until the players say "oh there's the coach going off again." What I've been told about Coach Robbo is that the quieter he is, the more upset he is with you.

Comment

nothing wrong with what ricky said

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Mullins played that well -26 games and 17 tries that Rooster tried to sign him to a $1 contract for 2003 but alas the NRL vetoed that idea.
                              And that veto cost us a premiership in 2003 .......no way Scott Sattler catches a flying Mullos on the left wing !

Comment

Working...
                              X