X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
    "Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61

the Super Mining Profits tax.

I can recall this little episode in Australian history quite well.
    I am the proud owner of both Rio Tinto and BHP shares.
    In the couple of weeks leading up to the announcement by Kevin Dudd , of the Super Mining Tax , guess what happened on the stock market?
    The prices of shares in both Rio Tinto and BHP were dropping like a stone.
    I am watching the market , going , what the hell is going on here?
    Then the bombshell hits, and Rudd announces his Mining Tax.
    So who was dumping & selling all of those shares on the stockmarket ?.
    Pollies with insider knowledge of course!
    Then again, Paddo, you are an intellectual, and you should know that insider trading is illegal.
    Rene Rivkin was tried, jailed, and committed suicide in jail because of it.
    But what happened to the left wing labor party Pollies who were involved in this charade?
    No investigations, no explanations, no jail terms required , for the obvious insider trading knowledge they had.
    One rule for the public, another for the political elite.
    So your left wing ideology sucks - full of corruption, full of dead head dreamers like you, about equality and fairness to all - it doesn't exist.
    Stop blaming capitalism & America for all your woes - your left wing labor party shit and communism doesn't cut it with me ,or lots of other on this forum.
    Its a football forum for God's sake - I am sick of reading the pseudo - intellectual claptrap that you come up with, as a means to drive home your ill- founded political beliefs.
    .And what's worse, is you are a Souffs sympathizer/ supporter !!!

well said.

Comment

• Paddo does post some great footy related stuff,
      I wish he would stick to that and leave the politics in the political forums.

Comment

• [QUOTE=bondi paul;
        Louis Neumann never played at Easts in the early 60s and wouldn’t have played with Terry Fearnley at the old sports ground. Louie signed in 67.

Of course you're correct BP. Somehow my failing memory had him earlier in the Sportsground days. Maybe my concurrent memory of Howard's life long racism got in the way of things - best PM ever?

Comment

• [QUOTE=roostermcgregor;

I can recall this little episode in Australian history quite well.
          I am the proud owner of both Rio Tinto and BHP shares......etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.

Love the way Libs feed of one another or off Murdoch and Co.

What a load of claptrap. The Super Profits Tax was a recommendation of the famous Henry Tax review and the impending measure was there for all to see - no "insider" rubbish - and hedging bets is typical institutional investor stuff. The irony is that some readers believe you because you're bellicose and you do your block - amazing how emotion trumps reason every time.

What is most interesting is that you're probably one of the "patriots" on here yet you put your share portfolio first and you're willing to deny the country the benefit of a legitimate tax on super profits on non renewable resources, foreign owned companies at that. Save your bitchin for your mates at the sailing club buddy.

Comment

• Lol@souffs

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
              I just want to laugh at them.
              They'll be the ones laughing if their man, who wears a mask with a rabbit on it, becomes 'king'
              as predicted in 2022.

THEY, will be doing the LOLLING!
              Last edited by bondi.boy; 11-13-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

They'll be the ones laughing if their man, who wears a mask with a rabbit on it, becomes 'king'
                as predicted in 2022.

THEY, will be doing the LOLLING!
                what you talkin bout ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post

what you talkin bout ?
                  Think about the clues.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Think about the clues.
                    your saying reggie the rabbit is going to become nrl ceo ?

Comment

• He may be alluding to the person called Albo could be PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kramer View Post
                        He may be alluding to the person called Albo could be PM.
                        Meh. Manly had the worst PM in history and we had some prima-donna who ruined the NBN (and now blames News Ltd for his demise rather than the fact he duped everybody into thinking he was a more progressive, traditional 'Liberal' & lacked the spine to stand up to the far right).

If Souffs get a PM then at least he's a legit footy fan who's been on their board...etc. Can't see in happening though. They said Shorten would win and look how that went. There's no mood for change IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

If Souffs get a PM then at least he's a legit footy fan who's been on their board...etc. Can't see in happening though. They said Shorten would win and look how that went. There's no mood for change IMO.
                          The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man "embracing" electric cars and the carbon dioxide net zero mantra gives the ALP a chance to have a rails run to go small target for the election. If they resist the temptation to say they'll legislate the changes then they have a chance to win. But with Albo in charge, whose seat is full to the brim with guilt ridden inner west types who vote green while living in 3 million dollar houses, the ALP has to sell its arse to the detritus to keep his and Tanya Plibersek's seats.
                          Last edited by Johnny73; 11-14-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ism22;..... who ruined the NBN (and now blames News Ltd for his demise rather than the fact he duped everybody into thinking he was a more progressive, traditional 'Liberal' & lacked the spine to stand up to the far right.

It was the Catholic fascist Abbott who directed Turnbull to "kill the NBN" but unforgivable that it happened.

Murdoch and News ARE the far Right. The corporation acts as a political party in it's own right depending on the state of Murdoch's business interests or on how well the Libs are going. In Turnbull's case, Murdoch took a direct role after Abbott was shunted (remember Murdoch's meeting with Kerry Stokes, that other champion of his own business interests?). Turnbull has every right to accuse News of abuse of its monopoly power and of conducting a campaign against him.

Despite all, and there is an endless litany of cock up and cop out, Murdoch and the rump of corporate media that he doesn't yet own will be there come the election campaign like Packer was in the 50s and 60s and the 85% of political illiterates that makes up the electorate will be worked on for a fortnight (the extent of their concentration span), Labor/Green policy will be lied about, ridiculed and distorted despite it's obvious benefit to the great bulk of the population and we will all feel grateful to be living in a "democracy" - just the kind of democracy that your children will be fighting for in Taiwan - a Plutocracy, rule by the rich.

As for Albanese, It might be recalled that Murdoch campaigned for him to be Party leader after News'/Libs' successful "Kill Bill" campaign that preceded the election for over a year making sure that he was unpopular and "untrustworthy" come election day. Maybe News will pick'n'stick with Albo - any bets on that?

Comment

• Can someone please tell me how you block someone. I’m sick of all this dribble from Paddo. He rarely posts anything about football. Mods why do you continue to allow this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                                Can someone please tell me how you block someone. I’m sick of all this dribble from Paddo. He rarely posts anything about football. Mods why do you continue to allow this?
                                User setting, then account , then ignore list , type his user name and your done , I did and it's great

Comment

Working...
                                X