lol@souffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    I read an article a couple of weeks ago about how a lot of these B listers go on shows like that to try and improve their tattered reputation by carefully choreographing their image on there. Sam Burgess was used as an example.

Seems to have worked a treat. Even I liked him by the end of it.
    The counter piece came out today.

again LOL@souffs.

Phoebe Burgess has hit out at ex-husband Sam’s appearance on SAS as “a careful edit, a carefully curated comeback show.’

In the Weekend Australian, Phoebe has also took aim at NRL officials for not getting the Rabbitohs star the help he needed. Sam Burgess admitted during his winning turn on reality show SAS that “personal issues turned me to drink and drugs.”

“I live every day as though I have been through a loss. I loved him dearly. I miss him so much,” Phoebe Burgess told the paper.

“But he wasn’t handled. He wasn’t looked after. He wasn’t protected in the right way, in the way that may have – not saved our marriage, but it might have led to a true rehabilitation, a true sense of responsibility, owning behaviour, wanting to change that behaviour. Instead of what I’m seeing, disappointingly, being a careful edit, a carefully curated comeback show.”

Sam and ex-wife Phoebe split in October 2019, after four tumultuous years of marriage.

She recalled a “call in the middle of the night” back in 2017 when she found out her husband had been having an affair with a Melbourne woman.

“That was probably the worst night of my life. I felt physical pain when I found out about that. I howled for about two hours on the ground,” she said.

Phoebe said that while pregnant with their son Billy in late 2018, she underwent multiple tests for sexually transmitted infections as a result of her former husband’s cheating.

In addition, Phoebe said that she was also subject to Sam’s “substance-induced screaming rages.”

“These were things that I shouldn’t have been tolerating in a relationship,” she said.

“I was still protecting someone who was broken and behaving in such an abhorrent way, you know, leading up to the birth of my son, the drugs, the alcohol, partying, the benders, the begging.”

She says she was so desperate to avoid angry outbursts from Sam that she went to great lengths to ensure he wouldn’t erupt.

“I’d spent a day with my newborn and Poppy, I was tired and I was sore and I knew Sam would get home at 4pm. So I cooked something and made sure I looked really nice. Because I just couldn’t handle another explosion. If everything was perfect … then maybe it would work out. Even at that point, I knew it wasn’t normal to be on edge when you’re waiting for your husband to come home from work. It wasn’t normal to be putting lipstick on when you’re trying to feed a newborn. It wasn’t normal to try to account for every hour of your day. Explain it. So he wouldn’t call you lazy or a c**t. You know, I just – so much had been taken away from me, so much dignity.”

Phoebe said she was contacted by multiple women who said they had slept with Sam, many saying they were shocked to discover he was married.

“I felt like I was living with a man that I just didn’t know. I felt guilty that this person who was my husband, who was meant to be in a committed relationship with me, was actually hurting so many other women. At the same time, I felt that I had missed something. I thought it was up to me to try and fix him, to make sure that didn’t happen. And if everyone just kept quiet, maybe it was something that we could deal with.”

She said his NRL club the South Sydney Rabbitohs not only turned a blind eye but helped cover up his behaviour.

“There were things that the club knew that I didn’t,” Phoebe said. “I was kept in the dark in my own marriage.”

Comment

• Mmmm......the perils of marriage to a high flyer. I often thought that she seemed determined to get her man - the relocation to England in the Union period etc. Of course The Weekend Australian is no journal of record and you must question that the District Court judge found her and that father of hers "unreliable".

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
        Mmmm......the perils of marriage to a high flyer. I often thought that she seemed determined to get her man - the relocation to England in the Union period etc. Of course The Weekend Australian is no journal of record and you must question that the District Court judge found her and that father of hers "unreliable".
        Really? I though the magistrate just said that Burgess' version of events were “at least reasonably possible” and, that being the case, the conviction was overturned.

Comment

• I think you'll find that "she" (the judge) cast aspersions on their credibility re the contact with PR on the evening of the confrontation. Lyin' old git like he lied about the Super Mining Profits tax.
          As for his "screaming rages", it is possible that they were provoked. An entitled bourgeois might be difficult no?

Comment

• Talking about LOL@Souffs... I read another puff piece designed to reassure Vermin fans that their players won't be vulnerable to offers from the Dolphins. Basically, it said that there was a clause in Skeletor's contract that stopped him from "poaching their players" once he leaves. What does that mean?? He won't be signing anyone personally and the Dolphins can talk to anyone they like. What's more, this clause expires in May anyway. LOL.

Comment

• I don't see what good it does her kids, moving forward, to continue to air every last detail of their failed marriage and Sam's behaviour in public and on the record - for the kids to be able to read now and forever.

Couldn't she allow their kids to believe their father has some redeeming qualities, even if she knows he doesn't and that his appearance was carefully curated? That would be the less selfish and damaging option I'd think.

Sounds like it's all about her and her only.

Comment

• i fond it odd sometiems on this site, that it seems people would prefer souffs to fail rather then the chooks succeed, all i want is the chookscto win the title next year, couldn't if souffs run 2nd or 16th

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  i fond it odd sometiems on this site, that it seems people would prefer souffs to fail rather then the chooks succeed, all i want is the chookscto win the title next year, couldn't if souffs run 2nd or 16th
                  Nothing odd about that IMHO - I get as much pleasure with a Chooks win as a Vermin loss!

I still want them thrown out of the comp again and this time for good!

Lol@Souffs

Comment

i fond it odd sometiems on this site, that it seems people would prefer souffs to fail rather then the chooks succeed, all i want is the chookscto win the title next year, couldn't if souffs run 2nd or 16th
                    If the Chooks don't succeed then I will always hope that Souths fail. A perect weekend for me is for the Chooks to win followed up with a devastating loss by Souffs

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

again LOL@souffs.

Phoebe Burgess has hit out at ex-husband Sam’s appearance on SAS as “a careful edit, a carefully curated comeback show.’

In the Weekend Australian, Phoebe has also took aim at NRL officials for not getting the Rabbitohs star the help he needed. Sam Burgess admitted during his winning turn on reality show SAS that “personal issues turned me to drink and drugs.”

“I live every day as though I have been through a loss. I loved him dearly. I miss him so much,” Phoebe Burgess told the paper.

“But he wasn’t handled. He wasn’t looked after. He wasn’t protected in the right way, in the way that may have – not saved our marriage, but it might have led to a true rehabilitation, a true sense of responsibility, owning behaviour, wanting to change that behaviour. Instead of what I’m seeing, disappointingly, being a careful edit, a carefully curated comeback show.”

Sam and ex-wife Phoebe split in October 2019, after four tumultuous years of marriage.

She recalled a “call in the middle of the night” back in 2017 when she found out her husband had been having an affair with a Melbourne woman.

“That was probably the worst night of my life. I felt physical pain when I found out about that. I howled for about two hours on the ground,” she said.

Phoebe said that while pregnant with their son Billy in late 2018, she underwent multiple tests for sexually transmitted infections as a result of her former husband’s cheating.

In addition, Phoebe said that she was also subject to Sam’s “substance-induced screaming rages.”

“These were things that I shouldn’t have been tolerating in a relationship,” she said.

“I was still protecting someone who was broken and behaving in such an abhorrent way, you know, leading up to the birth of my son, the drugs, the alcohol, partying, the benders, the begging.”

She says she was so desperate to avoid angry outbursts from Sam that she went to great lengths to ensure he wouldn’t erupt.

“I’d spent a day with my newborn and Poppy, I was tired and I was sore and I knew Sam would get home at 4pm. So I cooked something and made sure I looked really nice. Because I just couldn’t handle another explosion. If everything was perfect … then maybe it would work out. Even at that point, I knew it wasn’t normal to be on edge when you’re waiting for your husband to come home from work. It wasn’t normal to be putting lipstick on when you’re trying to feed a newborn. It wasn’t normal to try to account for every hour of your day. Explain it. So he wouldn’t call you lazy or a c**t. You know, I just – so much had been taken away from me, so much dignity.”

Phoebe said she was contacted by multiple women who said they had slept with Sam, many saying they were shocked to discover he was married.

“I felt like I was living with a man that I just didn’t know. I felt guilty that this person who was my husband, who was meant to be in a committed relationship with me, was actually hurting so many other women. At the same time, I felt that I had missed something. I thought it was up to me to try and fix him, to make sure that didn’t happen. And if everyone just kept quiet, maybe it was something that we could deal with.”

She said his NRL club the South Sydney Rabbitohs not only turned a blind eye but helped cover up his behaviour.

“There were things that the club knew that I didn’t,” Phoebe said. “I was kept in the dark in my own marriage.”
                      Yes mate. Destroyed all his hard work on the show in one fell swoop. Probably made it even worse than before the show. I won’t be shedding any tears for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

again LOL@souffs.

I dont feel sorry for either.
                        Rehab or intervention won't fix a God complex

Comment

• [QUOTE=player 1; I don't see what good it does her kids, moving forward, to continue to air every last detail of their failed marriage and Sam's behaviour in public and on the record - for the kids to be able to read now and forever.

Couldn't she allow their kids to believe their father has some redeeming qualities, even if she knows he doesn't and that his appearance was carefully curated? That would be the less selfish and damaging option I'd think. Sounds like it's all about her and her only.

Oh yeah she and daddy trying to get back on the credibility front foot after losing the legal battle so comprehensively. As I say, these people can't be trusted, they're rogues and liars - Dad (the Super Profits Tax representative of Gina, is of the class that the Nationals represent - all this claptrap about the interests of the rural poor. I bet the rural poor are lining up for membership of the Clay Shoot Club that was given $5m of taxpayers money.

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                            I don't see what good it does her kids, moving forward, to continue to air every last detail of their failed marriage and Sam's behaviour in public and on the record - for the kids to be able to read now and forever.

Couldn't she allow their kids to believe their father has some redeeming qualities, even if she knows he doesn't and that his appearance was carefully curated? That would be the less selfish and damaging option I'd think.

Sounds like it's all about her and her only.
                            Because Sam was just on a television show that was aimed at repairing his "damagaed reputation" where we were given the sob story of the trauma he endured from being a domestic violence abuser as if belting the shit out of his mrs, being sexually inappropriate to women who didn't ask for it and even threatening to belt the shit out one of our own players was no big thing and in particular she's had her own name dragged throw the mud and the media during the whole ordeal and had to deal with harassment from feral NRL fans.

It's mind boggling how much some of you people will suck the teat of Souths on a Roosters forum

Comment

There's even people born and raised in Brisbane that have never set foot in Sydney that say dumb shit like "to love easts is to hate souths" they don't even know why they hate Souths, this "hatred" wasn't a thing until 2007 they've all been conned by Russell Crowe and Channel 9 who manufactured a rivalry so that Souths could get relevant and the game could have a money maker on prime time friday night football

Comment

• Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

There's even people born and raised in Brisbane that have never set foot in Sydney that say dumb shit like "to love easts is to hate souths" they don't even know why they hate Souths, this "hatred" wasn't a thing until 2007 they've all been conned by Russell Crowe and Channel 9 who manufactured a rivalry so that Souths could get relevant and the game could have a money maker on prime time friday night football
                                I was a thing well before that.

Comment

Working...
                                X