X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Semi v Norths.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Round 24 in the 2012 season, Tupou's home ground SFS debut. I was sitting near the goal line on his wing in the first half, and man did he ever impress me. To this day I recall the thunderous sound of his feet on the turf, every time he made a run (I was right on the fence). I was ecstatic, I thought that I was having an epiphany that showed me that our future starts now (then). I moved to the other side of the ground for the second half, for obvious reasons. I don't remember much about the game, other than we convincingly beat the Tigers, but it will always be the best live game for me. Toops is still my favourite player.

Comment

Roosters/Souths game in RD1 2012 was pretty dour until we scored on the bell as I was standing up to leave.....then it was great.

The SOO game in 2000 I think when Girdler scored 20 odd points and NSW won 52-18 was also a good time.

Living in Newcastle, another game I always remember for some reason was the Adelaide Rams final match against the Knights.
        They were leading 24-6 at halftime to get beaten 32-24 in classic Rams style. The Roosters of course signed their marquee player Graham Appo for the next few seasons after.

Comment

The win over the Raiders in the face of adversity was special. Jake was fantastic that day and never really got the credit for his performance nor did he in the Manly GF. He really got us on a roll in that Many game.
          But the win against the Raiders I’ve never experience such tension and anxiety watching a game. It was unlike any other due to being a GF and the chance to win titles back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
            The win over the Raiders in the face of adversity was special. Jake was fantastic that day and never really got the credit for his performance nor did he in the Manly GF. He really got us on a roll in that Many game.
            But the win against the Raiders I’ve never experience such tension and anxiety watching a game. It was unlike any other due to being a GF and the chance to win titles back to back.
            Indeed. The 2nd half of that GF was the most stressful footy experience of my life. Followed by the 2018 Prelim 2nd half where we withstood wave after wave of Souffs' attacks. The 2013 GF was a knife edge experience too; remembering at the time that we'd lost 3 GFs in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Indeed. The 2nd half of that GF was the most stressful footy experience of my life. Followed by the 2018 Prelim 2nd half where we withstood wave after wave of Souffs' attacks. The 2013 GF was a knife edge experience too; remembering at the time that we'd lost 3 GFs in a row.
              Yes Tommy that 2nd half against the Raiders was stressful. Even my teenage daughter said to me after the game that she had never felt the nerves she did in any game before. What was a sweet moment for us that she experienced the back to back at the same age as I when we won in 74 and 75.
              The win over Manly and the Jennings try was unreal. I was at the opposite end and said to my friend “he has scored “ due to knowing Jennings scored 2 try’s like it during the regular season.
              Up Easts

Comment

Prelim V Souths. Last game SFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Prelim V Souths. Last game SFS.
                  Sad I missed that one. I was watching in Ukraine on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

but when the chookpen has it's 50 year reunion and people have to say where they were when we beat souths in the last game at the sfs you'll have a pretty good story

Comment

This question is the same as asking me what my favourite David Bowie track is . Here goes in no particular order:

1983 - my favourite Parra grand final I went to with Mum and getting Jon English to sign my programme as he sat behind us

2013 grand final - my favourite Roosters grand final (saw Manly getting beaten again in a grand final exactly 30 years after 1983)

Round 26 2013 at Homebush against Souths giving us the minor premiership was hilarious. I remember saying to my workmates on the Friday afternoon "I'm going out to Homebush to watch the Roosters get a trophy!" They were stunned because I normally don't stay up after 9pm let alone go out on a Friday night . I still have the way too large Minor Premiers T-shirt as all the other sizes had sold out so quickly and the other day I got bleach on the shoulder when I was cleaning but I still don't care.

Round 1 2010 also against Souths at Homebush. Nathan what's his name falling over whilst watching himself on the big screen and failing to score for them and Todd Carney playing out of his skin. It was so refreshing to see such a big win after getting the spoon the previous year. The only dark spot on that game was Tommy Symonds getting badly injured.

THAT SEMI FINAL against Wests later that year - because I dreamed the score at 18-15 (Ok I was off by one point) the night before and had posted it on here too. I remember saying "I can smell an SKD intercept next!" once the score got close...

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                        2013 grand final, was my first time attending a GF and the first time I saw easts win it.. I didn’t start watching footy till 2003 so I missed the 02 GF.
                        I've been to 2002,2003,2013 and 2018,while the 2018 was the most amazing result I think the 2013 atmosphere and game was an awesome comeback ,the start of our new dynasty

Comment

2013 for me was the best! Close until SBW broke the line then to maloney then long pass to SKD!
                          was the year of my first kid so very special!

Was there halfway mark , 2 bays up an had paid $1050 for last minute tickets on ebay , having a new born at home made me not push the thought of leaving the wife to go watch the GF hints not buying a ticket prior to GF last minute!
                          all that was available was 2 tickets for $1050 when i only needed 1 but it is what it is!

So anyways at half time i looked to the side at the closest exit/ entrance and a Roosters supporter was getting hassled about standing and watching the game there while not having a ticket !
                          so i yelled out to the security "HE HAS A TICKET HERE"! Best ever moment an what a game! What a year! SBW had a year to remember, he definitely brought the best out of the team ! Im not too sure about the numbers but i would say 2013 had the most offloading passes I've ever seen by every member of the team! We were the Harlem globe trotters of the NRL in 2013

Comment

As a non GF, hard to pick between Anasta's field goal and the last game at the SFS v Souffs.

Comment

2018 GF was brilliant 2019 one was an epic contest that we won. 2013 semi final against Manly When we won 4-0. 2014 semi against Cosboys when we were up 30-0 inside half an hour then in the space of 25 minutes it was 30 all Then no more tries and we win 31-30
                              We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                              Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Everything is illuminated?
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X