Walking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

Also lots of reports in the last couple days that Gould has blown up big time at V'landys.
    This is exactly what we need to happen in order to get the game back to what it was.
    Gould and Johns, as much as they tend to spew nonsense from time to time, have forgotten more about the game of rugby league than V'landys will ever know
    I think they tend to cherry pick their hobby horses as Johns has been a very vocal advocate for protecting the kickers though so what was his thoughts on Radley's tackle on Albert?
    Last edited by King Salvo; 05-24-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The charge was dangerous contact head/neck on Albert Kelly - i thought dangerous contact -other perhaps although they will say his shoulder came into contact with Kelly's head when he tried to wrap his arms around Kelly thus dangerous contact head/neck - Must have looked at it to not dispute the charge as he took the early plea i.e wrong charge like Mini - They have overtime cracked down on such tackles on kickers though.

The Pengai one his shoulder did hit Pengai's head so it's a grading issue - there is no disgression if the first contact was with the shoulder or ball it's where the arm or shoulder ends up.

Have a look in the following link

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...6e139d5e1d6279

Crichton would have been only fined but with 2 priors for similar incidents and 1 non similar offence in the past 2 years his offence is allocated points plus the carryovers and loading's that go with it- he too needs to follow the rules.

Maybe they need to look at the grading's/loadings etc going forward as part of a review of the match reporting/mrc and judiciary process
      The Crichton situation is a joke. And highlights the absurdity of loading. Seriously what a mouthful.

What is it again? He's set to cop 3 wks because of 2 prior similar incidents in the past 2 years, one prior non similar incident, a partidge in a pear tree, and his 50% dicsount off his next Hustler subscription for 12 months. Did I miss anything?

We deadset look for reasons to rub our star players out of the game for weeks on end whilst simultaneously pining for bigger crowd numbers and viewing figures.

Dumb dumb DUMB DUMB DUMB

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
        League should be only played by headless chooks. Perhaps it is time for the game to be played by radio controlled boxing robots ($29 at Kmart) controlled by the current players. If you want to avoid head injuries, take up boxing. Time for super league part two, this time I'd support it.
        Well not in our time but i reckon it will come to that - having advanced androids playing sport - be able to play every day - just needs a bunch of people to keep them functioning - A Westworld awaits

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Am I the only one who saw the slow motion video of both hits from Radley where his shoulder hits both guys in the head? first one he was off the ground when he hit their kicker.
          No mate. I saw contact with the head of both players. But it was minimal. Radley launching himself at the kicker, after he had kicked the ball was stupid, and is definatly something the game should eliminate. I think it was a penalty, but not 10 in the bin. The contact with Pangai's head was minimal, and accidental, and not worthy of a penalty, the other contact with Cpates was a great hit, no penalty deserved there either. The game is trying to get a message through and being heavy handed at the moment, hopefully it will settle down.

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
            I wouldn't mind if this crackdown if it will reduce HIAs...but the majority of the HIAs are happening to defenders.. The number HIAs have not changed, but the speed of the game has.
            If I remember correctly there were 2 HIA's in our game. Both to defenders - Stitilli, which was off the ball, and the Broncos hooker. Both of Rads 'victims' were back on their feet before the ref got the whistle to his mouth!
            Last edited by Noosa Rooster; 05-24-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
              I wouldn't mind if this crackdown if it will reduce HIAs...but the majority of the HIAs are happening to defenders.. The number HIAs have not changed, but the speed of the game has.
              Annesley showed stats today saying that this year 70% of concussions and HIAs have happened to defenders.
              Won't this encouragement of tackling around the legs make this even worse?
              Just look at Radley and Mahoney in the Eels game. The only 2 players taken out of the game for head knocks were going low into the tackle
              How's that promoting player safety?

Comment

Originally posted by Noosa Rooster View Post

If I remember correctly there were 2 HIA's in our game. Both to defenders - Stitilli, which was off the ball, and the Broncos hooker. Both of Rads 'victims' were back on their feet before the ref got the whistle to his mouth!
                Yep that's right.
                They were up so quickly that 3 tackles happened before the ref (and I use that term lightly) was even able to blow the whistle

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  2021 is a write off. I can’t remember a year this bad.

I’m just looking forward to seeing some of the young kids get a crack and develop their games, I want to sit back and enjoy our performances and care a little less about the results.

By 2022 hopefully all this sin bin crap has settled itself down into something more reasonable and we have something close to a full squad available for selection.
                  2020?

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

Yep that's right.
                    They were up so quickly that 3 tackles happened before the ref (and I use that term lightly) was even able to blow the whistle
                    Do you mean the “ referee” in Redfern?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post

2020?
                      2020 injuries don't even compare to this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                        For the first time in 45 years I walked out of a Roosters game early in the second half. Not because I was embarrassed by their performance ( as some other chookpenner suggested) but because I could not stand watching the players busting their arses ( and admittedly making errors ) but were not refereed the same
                        as the other team. It was just too much for my poor old heart to handle. The game’s administration was the biggest embarrassment last night. Instead of curing the real issue , which is the incompetence by the referees and the bunker ( evidenced in our game against parramatta ) the NRL decided to punish the players/ clubs and fans . I’m all for no headshots and no thug play, and no one endorses such actions, but the way it’s handled is an absolute embarrassment ( there’s that word again).
                        I’ve made a decision to not attend any more games this year as long as this crap is going on as I have not been enjoying the games, even after we win, and will continue supporting the team and renew my membership every year and buy the merchandise , and hopefully in a year or two the officiating becomes a little more professional and make the game more enjoyable once again.
                        Rant over.
                        You weren’t the only person to walk out early. Seems Joey Johns couldn’t stand to stick it out either.

Comment

i didn't walk out early but i did walk out at full time - only to learn later that there was a presentation for jake.

Comment

Usually I wouldn't miss a home game for quids, on Saturday I felt compelled to go only because of my paid membership but told a fib on here when I really thought **** it.... i didn't go. But the nrl doesn't care because I still consume the game on telly (roosters only these days)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              Wtf did Angus do? Anyone? Rads 4 wks, Angus 2 wks...

**** while you're at it NRL just suspend everyone.

Phantom crushers, invisible "dangerous contact" every single game.

Half our team are out injured. And the other half will end up being suspended soon enough under the current regime.

And when that happens maybe then no one will watch your "product". Will you be happy then?

King Salvo might love it; but most won't.
                              I am hoping this will mean an end to catch and hold tackles where research is showing defenders are 3 times more likely to sustain concussions and the third defender in and the carry on that occurs - wrestling and judo holds etc.

Get the game back to free flowing with plenty of offloads and ball movement instead of the robotic structured play.

Could you imagine an Arthur Beetson playing in these times - all the ball playing skills would be coached out of him- be just a hit up merchant and middle defender and interchanged after 20 odd minutes.

Coaches just have to upskill the players to develop their games as well as correcting flaws in their games including tackling techniques.

S T P F L T G (Short Term Pain For Long Term Gain )

Comment

The problem is simple... the game is quicker, and the players are bigger, stronger, faster, fitter, and more explosive than they've ever been. But the brain is still the same.

The legs got thicker. As did the chest and arms. But the skull did not.

Thus players are more susceptible to HIAs. It's a horrible situation but the crackdown will do little to zero to improve the predicament.

Someone mentioned the 5m defensive line being brought back. It's the best solution; but what will it do to the product?

Comment

Working...
                                X