Where are Vlandys and Abdo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are Vlandys and Abdo?

Haven't heard boo from either of them for weeks since all the extra head knocks started happening. They get Annesley to write letters to clubs to say "we're getting tough now!" they get Annesley to stand down pathetically inept officials, but where is the leadership from the 2 of them?

Why aren't foul play incidents dealt with on the field instead of by a suspension that does nothing for the victim's team? Andrew? Peter?
    How can Dylan Brown only get 3 weeks? His victim is in the trauma unit in hospital on a ventilator and morphine and won't play again for months.
    Why the fixation with making the game faster and faster? What post implementation analysis have you done on the flow on effects of your rule changes? Have they played a part in the 700% increase in head knocks? How can a high shot ever be penalized by a meaningless fine? Do you really think handing out a $1900 fine to someone on $500,000 a season is any sort of disincentive?

Neither of them know the game, they are business administrators and bean counters. Couldn't get them off camera or away from the microphone when they successfully got the game through COVID last year, but they're nowhere to be seen now.

Hutchison will still be in hospital when this weekend's f*** ups are long forgotten, and we're dealing with a new set of f*** ups from another weekend.

Where are V'landys and Abdo?

They could be counting their winnings after Friday night!
    "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Let's be real we got a raw deal on the Hutchinson situation but the game has sent more players to the bin for foul play this year than any other I can remember in the last couple of decades.

To say there's no visible leadership just isn't true, they've been stronger and more visible on these issues than any previous leadership group, feels like a strange thing to call them out on.

Comment

The artificial speeding up of the game by these clowns has been a debacle
        - fatigue injuries
        - increase in head shots
        - score blowouts

let the game be the game and stop trying to engineer changes through artificial means

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          Let's be real we got a raw deal on the Hutchinson situation but the game has sent more players to the bin for foul play this year than any other I can remember in the last couple of decades.

To say there's no visible leadership just isn't true, they've been stronger and more visible on these issues than any previous leadership group, feels like a strange thing to call them out on.
          Yeah they've sent a few more people to the bin. Been very inconsistent in doing it too. Radley goes for lazy hanging arm when wrong footed, Eels centre doesn't go for a shoulder charge to the jaw. Other areas of the game in disarray. Great leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Yeah they've sent a few more people to the bin. Been very inconsistent in doing it too. Radley goes for lazy hanging arm when wrong footed, Eels centre doesn't go for a shoulder charge to the jaw. Other areas of the game in disarray. Great leadership.
            Remember your first point was that they have gone missing on this topic, that is what I'm disagreeing with. I don't think they've gone missing they've been very vocal on this and consistent with it.

Example his comments 24hrs ago on this exact topic:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...44565f83a686d8

How can you say he's gone missing?

In terms of execution I think you've got to give it more than 9 rounds, there's always teething issues when any sort of drastic change like this is made. Trying to set new norms in an organisation that has viewed foul play so differently in the past few decades is going to be met with resistance driven out of uncertainty and/or reluctance. No organisation drives change without experiencing these kinds of obstacles.

Once new norms are established you would hope to see an improvement in the consistency of application.

Comment

They only introduced sin bins for foul play a couple of years ago.

Comment

Marshkie goes to the bin for being ‘cynical’ but knees in the back with the victim rolling around in agony aren’t obvious enough to warrant action until 20 minutes later.

Comment

Just not when it's comes to our games. 2 from 2 at least now with teddy against dragons, and hutch on the weekend.

It's simple bias to get shit teams like parra(who can't do it themselves) into the top four. That pass from Mahoney to Paulo for Cartwright try was so forward. Junior was standing in front of him for their wraparound play.

Comment

Remember your first point was that they have gone missing on this topic, that is what I'm disagreeing with. I don't think they've gone missing they've been very vocal on this and consistent with it.

In terms of execution I think you've got to give it more than 9 rounds, there's always teething issues when any sort of drastic change like this is made. Trying to set new norms in an organisation that has viewed foul play so differently in the past few decades is going to be met with resistance driven out of uncertainty and/or reluctance. No organisation drives change without experiencing these kinds of obstacles.

Once new norms are established you would hope to see an improvement in the consistency of application.
                    Don't subscribe to anything Newscorp except Kayo, so hadn't seen/can't read that article. Not seem him or Abdo in any other media for weeks and I look at a fair bit.

Given the headline of that article I'm assuming he outlined his plan to get rid of dog shots, but also explained why it's right that a player who did a dog shot like Brown did should only miss 3 weeks? Did they ask him why he thinks fining someone a relative pittance will do anything to reduce the amount of headshots?
                    Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 05-09-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

9 rounds? I've seen players dealt with after illegally contacting tryscorerers for 20 years. Let alone the 100 before.

It's not new, therefore they don't get to have teething problems.

It's not incompetence because they are grown men with eyeballs that work with replays and camera angles.

It's keeping the parra players on the field and out of the sin bin in order to win the game.

Bias because EASTS are successful and going b2b burnt a deeper hole in some people I couldn't even imagine.

Comment

Agree here.

I reckon they had good intentions with the 6 again.

As long as Vlandys and Abdo review everything at season's end and make the appropriate changes for next year, I'm
                        ok with them in charge.

But I really hope to God that they scrap the 6 again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

9 rounds? I've seen players dealt with after illegally contacting tryscorerers for 20 years. Let alone the 100 before.

It's not new, therefore they don't get to have teething problems.

It's not incompetence because they are grown men with eyeballs that work with replays and camera angles.

It's keeping the parra players on the field and out of the sin bin in order to win the game.

Bias because EASTS are successful and going b2b burnt a deeper hole in some people I couldn't even imagine.
                          Mate that's just not the case. It is incompetence. There is no conspiracy to favour teams. I'm sorry that you think there is. I couldn't watch the sport if somehow I believed that. It's nonsense mate. With respect.
                          Last edited by Batemans Bay Rooster; 05-09-2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Mate that's just not the case. It is incompetence. There is no conspiracy to favour teams. I'm sorry that you think there is. I couldn't watch the sport if somehow I believed that. It's nonsense mate, trust me.
                            Incompetence never favours one half 100% Mathematically impossible we didn't get some "incompetence" in our favour on the weekend.

I've coped watching us get rorted for 20 years. I've also watched us go b2b despite getting rorted in amongst that.

It is hard knowing your team goes up against it every round, even our own coach admitted to it back in the day.

But I'd rather face the harsh truth than hope for a fair go next week. The double standards are becoming more rife all the time.

Ask yourself, we lose penalty counts 99percent of the time with different players coaches over the years. Every team we play magically avoids conceding fatigue 2nd half penalties to us and we don't get 6 agains when in front on the scoreboard.

Most competent incompetence I've ever seen.

So even if it's just that, stop being "incompetent" towards us everygame!

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Just not when it's comes to our games. 2 from 2 at least now with teddy against dragons, and hutch on the weekend.

It's simple bias to get shit teams like parra(who can't do it themselves) into the top four. That pass from Mahoney to Paulo for Cartwright try was so forward. Junior was standing in front of him for their wraparound play.
                              Problem is Stringaz your post will appear on 15 other NRL club forums from frustrated fans. You need to speak with facts not emotion, you will find a fan of every side in every sport who will tell you there's a conspiracy at play to the detriment of their side.

I thought Checcin on Friday night was horrendous, his attitude, clear frustration and constant coaching of our players was over the top and he seemed well off his game. At one point he mentioned to Tedesco that "the stats will show it" referring to us slowing the play the ball down when Tedesco questioned the lopsided penalty count. Almost like he had come into the game with a predetermined opinion on our style of play, having done some statistical analysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X