Enjoying the slaughter on 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
    The good news is souffs are goneski, the bad news is so is this league....so boring, so predictable...so farged..blow outs every week.

yeah thanks for nothing V-man
    Disagree, love watching the games so much more these days.

Issues around lack of talent currently in the game and poorly run clubs date back long before any of the current administration were in their positions.

Comment

Just read a match report on NRL that said the Storm beat "an injury - ravaged South Sydney side"
      Does that mean they will also describe the Roosters as "an injury- ravaged side" over the next 16 weeks, whether we win or lose?
      Or will the commentators just ignore it?

Comment

The good news is souffs are goneski, the bad news is so is this league....so boring, so predictable...so farged..blow outs every week.

Have to agree with you Rocky.

Comment

Can’t disagree with you there..

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Do the commentators always talk about our injuries too?
            It depends on the commentators. Some outlets have been fair, e.g. Weidler on 100% Footy, while others have ignored or downplayed it, e.g. Gus and Joey on Nine. The weight given to Souths compared to us, who has a greater absolute number of injuries, does seem disproportionate, but that probably wouldn't surprise most on here.

It was a good result last night. I will have to make sure that I get to see it all!
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

When we put an understrength Roosters side on the field last year and got dismantled by South Sydney, Phil Gould on Channel 9 kept reminding everybody that history was against the Roosters in winning the premiership, and he gleefully reminded us of that after every try was scored.

But when Souths just got humiliated by the Storm on Thursday night, not a peep out of him . Not one comment. Nothing,, not even after they had 9 tries scored against them.

No mention that they were being systematically destroyed by a Melbourne team, and were being blown of the park.

What is the go with this guy?

Gould = Hypocrite.

Do us a favour Channel 9 - get him off the screens forever. I am sick of listening to this ponce.

Comment

They could have a 0-50 T shirt made!

Comment

"Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes

I can tell you how to make games more interesting, and its the complete opposite to the visions of the V-man and his idiotic new rules.
                  First of all ,get rid of the 6 again rule, the 40/20 kick advantage (how pathetic - just for a good kick?) , 2 point 40 metre field goal (is also stupid).
                  Encourage , rather than discourage, hard defence. Allow shoulder charges (as long as they are not around the head) There was nothing illegal about them in the first place. Encourage hard, fierce tacking as much as possible ( but with a proviso that you stop head high and illegal stuff), rather than discourage an essential part of our game. Its what the fans want to see.
                  Then you go back to the old rules, designed to bring unpredictability back into the game.
                  At the moment you have teams ensuring they complete their set of 6 , getting field position, and rolling the ball into the in- goal ( all coached instructions - predictable and boring as shyte)
                  What happens if you have defence up in your face, or less tackles to play with - you chance your arm and do something unpredictable to break up the defence?.
                  You might try an offload, a chip kick (all unpredictable). You are more likely to do this if you can get the ball back after a mistake. How about contested scrums ( more unpredictability ?)
                  You might go back to a 5 metre rule (and the games will be a war of attrition) and the scores will be close, and when a team scores a try it will be on the back of some interposed brilliance from the attacking team.
                  How boring would that be - 5 metre rule and 5 tackle rule , and tough, hard and close games of football, with a couple of brilliant tries to top it off.
                  But that would be a whole lot more boring than the modern entertainment , where we see 8 and possibly up to 15 tries scored in one game of football , because both teams are playing touch footy.
                  Every try almost looks the same as the one before, but hey I'm not complaining - its really exciting to watch.
                  And there was a game in 1965 at the SCG and rumour has it that 80,000 people packed into the ground and they were sitting on the rooftops to watch it - all played under the old rules.
                  No, you needed to change all this , the rules were ancient and outdated. v'landys and his cronies over the last 40 years were right - if you didn't change the rules, the game would be dead, and the people would have stayed away in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Issues around lack of talent currently in the game and poorly run clubs date back long before any of the current administration were in their positions.
                    I’m with you. I mean, it’s not perfect yet, with inconsistencies around the tackle restarts for one, but it’s down to PVL Ball that small guys like Sam Walker and Ryan Pap (for example) can really shine.
                    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Lol souffs. And they got lucky that Munster is a shit goal kicker lol

Don't see many souffs games that doesn't involve us, but glad I watched this one. How good!

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                        When we put an understrength Roosters side on the field last year and got dismantled by South Sydney, Phil Gould on Channel 9 kept reminding everybody that history was against the Roosters in winning the premiership, and he gleefully reminded us of that after every try was scored.

But when Souths just got humiliated by the Storm on Thursday night, not a peep out of him . Not one comment. Nothing,, not even after they had 9 tries scored against them.

No mention that they were being systematically destroyed by a Melbourne team, and were being blown of the park.

What is the go with this guy?

Gould = Hypocrite.

Do us a favour Channel 9 - get him off the screens forever. I am sick of listening to this ponce.
                        It was the first thing he reminded everybody of when the scoreline hit 50, that no team has won the comp after such a result.

Comment

Just read a match report on NRL that said the Storm beat "an injury - ravaged South Sydney side"
                          Does that mean they will also describe the Roosters as "an injury- ravaged side" over the next 16 weeks, whether we win or lose?
                          Or will the commentators just ignore it?
                          When Souffs put 50 on us, there was no mention of injuries. I'm glad we don't get the sympathy cars because it forces us to get better rather than expecting people to show us some sympathy.

IMO a team with Teddy, SST, JWH, Crichton, Radley, Toops, J-Moz, Manu and Walker (all rep players except one who will definitely play rep one day - probably sooner rather than later) shouldn't be treated as some sorta misfortunate diversity inclusion. As fans we know that we can win with the right attitude. Fark, we can score with 11 on the field. I hope we prove that tonight and expect us to show up with that attitude rather than tears in our eyes and a quivering lip over our injuries. Literally nobody feels sorry for us as they know we're still a top-4 team.
                          Last edited by ism22; 05-07-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

All of the above but they ruining the game ..competitiveness is almost gone . As ling as there is gambling there will be an element of doubt
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Lol@Souffs, have just been emphatically found out for the frauds they have always been, nothing more then pretenders lmfao, half our squad missing vs Storm and it took them 70 minutes to put us away after Radley being binned also for a slap on a diving Munster.
                              Mitchell and Reynolds would have done nothing to stop what happened last night, nor Murray for that matter. What it also shows is Souffs backups are nothing more then park footballers WEAK AS PISS! Gloryhole Gloryhole.

Comment

"Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes

I can tell you how to make games more interesting, and its the complete opposite to the visions of the V-man and his idiotic new rules.
                                First of all ,get rid of the 6 again rule, the 40/20 kick advantage (how pathetic - just for a good kick?) ,
                                Freddy's 40/20 kick helped us win the 2002 Grand Final.

Comment

Working...
                                X