10. SST
    11. Cords
    12. Crichton
    13. Radley

14. Verrills
    15. Liu
    16. JWH
    17. Sitili

This team will win premierships for sure!!! It's top-4 material, even with 1/2 our players out and the other 1/2 still building experience.
    Really you think Sam is a 14 and a bloke who never played league is the starting 9

Comment

No Verrills is diabolical.

This injury toll is farcical.

No hooker, half, starting prop, captain, captain or stand-in captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Really you think Sam is a 14 and a bloke who never played league is the starting 9
        Sam will start at 9 for sure.

Lam, Hutch, Freddy and Benny will be fighting out for the bench spot.

I'd be surprised if TJ will be here next year and is only a fill-in for all our injuries this year.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
          Anyone on here that would rather have Cleary as our half over Sam Walker?
          Let me re-phrase the question - would you rather boredom over excitement?
          Not sure where you are going with this. You can start a poll and I'd be surprised if you don't get 100% voting with Sam.

Comment

Look on the bright side.

Us and the vermin will both have well rotated squads heading into the finals.

Robbo has always been a pioneer of rotation, even when injuries weren't a factor and it won us 2 GFs.

We have so much talent coming up. I'm looking forward to seeing Baker rise too.

In relation to detached retina - remember Laurie Daley's? I think he had to spend 3 weeks in the dark to recover from surgery. I hope Sam's is not as serious.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Sam will start at 9 for sure.

Lam, Hutch, Freddy and Benny will be fighting out for the bench spot.

I'd be surprised if TJ will be here next year and is only a fill-in for all our injuries this year.
              Agree but Ism has Luke named in his side so suspect he was talking next year .I think Sam's continued injuries are our biggest threat at the moment, even above Luke's , Sam's return was immense

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Agree but Ism has Luke named in his side so suspect he was talking next year .I think Sam's continued injuries are our biggest threat at the moment, even above Luke's , Sam's return was immense
                If Sammy had a broken bone or soft tissue injury I would start to wonder if he was another Brett Papworth. Detached retina just one of those unrelated things.

Comment

Marschke was really good last week. Verrills has been great from his first minute back and was so pleased with his form. I was thinking Marschke was a bit of a plodder until last week when he showed some real spark. Hope he can continue to improve.

Comment

Not suggesting his injuries are anything but bad luck.My opinion is that we will miss him the most as his dummy half service is far above anyone else we have even the union bloke as he has never played league before and I think as great a union player he is he may struggle with the speed and defence of league .

Comment

B Marshke is going incredibly well for someone who was meant to be playing Ron Massey Cup this season

Comment

Also I think TJ’s role is definitely meant to be a 14, so that he can also fill in where needed (eg hooker most of the time, halves, lock) as he isn’t a league player but he has a range of great skills that could spark something off the bench when needed

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post
                          Marschke was really good last week. Verrills has been great from his first minute back and was so pleased with his form. I was thinking Marschke was a bit of a plodder until last week when he showed some real spark. Hope he can continue to improve.
                          I agree. He has done a great job filling in but last week he seemed to take a couple of darts out of dummy half as well. He may well earn himself an NRL contract and a regular first grade gig with another club.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

I haven’t seen so much rooster fan positivity and pride behind our club - even in premiership winning times. Suppose it’s just a different sort of pride and sense of appreciation for when they still win in adversity.

It’s a great challenge for our club’s character and depth, something where we can prove we have more than other clubs (as when we win comps people just say we cheat and actually believe it) - hard to question us fighting through this.
                            Yes, for all the ignorant labels like 'soulless', 'cheque-book club' etc, I doubt there is any club in the NRL with anywhere near the character of ours!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

I agree. He has done a great job filling in but last week he seemed to take a couple of darts out of dummy half as well. He may well earn himself an NRL contract and a regular first grade gig with another club.
                              Benny is going so well that we are likely to lose either him or Freddy as both could probably at least make a bench spot at another club yet barring injuries one will be playing a lot for Norths.
                              And if you throw in Lam and Hutch for the 14 then it creates a big head ache.
                              I can't split them.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Benny is going so well that we are likely to lose either him or Freddy as both could probably at least make a bench spot at another club yet barring injuries one will be playing a lot for Norths.
                                And if you throw in Lam and Hutch for the 14 then it creates a big head ache.
                                I can't split them.
                                Keighran too, there’s a 6,9 and 14 job up for grabs for a month or so.

Hopefully it brings out the best in all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X