Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we just start next season now? 

Can we come up for some air please?

Six Origin players out for the season (five and a half if Boyd comes back). No side apart from ours could even be competitive with that many origin players out. Hell, most sides don't have that many origin players.

Now the news that Verrills is out, hoping to return in Round 14. One of our few lights at the end of the tunnel was his return finally and now he is gone again.

The joy of having our four props available to pummel opposition forwards lasted one week.

Can we just start next season now?

This is some painful shit.

We’ll still beat most teams and make the finals with half a squad - people will still say we are cheats, it will be fun c’mon

up the chooks

we’ll give teams like Souffs a tissue while we are there as they cry about having a few key players out for a couple of rounds

Comment

You just know that no matter what Robbo and the team will show up trying to win every match. We may be crippled with injuries but we will still win more games than we lose.

Comment

where was it reported Verrills is out until rd 14?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
          You just know that no matter what Robbo and the team will show up trying to win every match. We may be crippled with injuries but we will still win more games than we lose.
          We will be proud of them for sure but think of what could have been:

Teddy
          Morris
          Manu
          Morris
          Toups
          Keary
          Walker
          Radley
          Crichton
          Cordner
          SST
          Friend
          Collins

Verrills
          Sitili
          JWH
          Isaac

That's a premiership in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
            Thirteen said he is undergoing surgery and hopes to be back for round 14. I haven't seen it officially.

Comment

It’s laughable, it really is. I think the team will come together and fight hard, but these injuries are taking a toll and there’s a point we just won’t be able to compete. The new rules will create a big gap between the top sides and the battlers, and we’re fast sinking down that pecking order.

We were up against it with earlier injuries but now we should blood our young players and use this year to trial new things. I’m normally optimistic but I’m happy to admit I’ve taken the defeatist attitude now.

We can’t be unlucky... there must be something that is contributing to this much injury. There’s bad luck and there’s this bullshit. Surely a review on strength and conditioning approaches, the impact the new rules are having would also be worth investing in from the clubs perspective.

Comment

I'm actually really enjoying this season, maybe I didn't have the expectations of winning the comp this year and we've been dealt awful luck with injuries but the improvement in some of the younger players has given me hope that although some of our veterans are nearing the backend of their careers by no means will our premiership window have closed.
                Surely we'll have a year soon when we aren't decimated by injuries and some of the other leading sides who have been able to pretty much wheel out the same team lists each weekend might have a change in fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                  Speculation base on how long the injury usually takes to heal (with no surgery) - doubt anyone knows much, including media. Could be back in two weeks, could be out for 8 weeks +

At least we know it wasn’t fully detached which would definitely need surgery - but that’s about all we do know

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                    I'm actually really enjoying this season, maybe I didn't have the expectations of winning the comp this year and we've been dealt awful luck with injuries but the improvement in some of the younger players has given me hope that although some of our veterans are nearing the backend of their careers by no means will our premiership window have closed.
                    Surely we'll have a year soon when we aren't decimated by injuries and some of the other leading sides who have been able to pretty much wheel out the same team lists each weekend might have a change in fortune.
                    I haven’t seen so much rooster fan positivity and pride behind our club - even in premiership winning times. Suppose it’s just a different sort of pride and sense of appreciation for when they still win in adversity.

It’s a great challenge for our club’s character and depth, something where we can prove we have more than other clubs (as when we win comps people just say we cheat and actually believe it) - hard to question us fighting through this.

Comment

Imagine the butthurt if we win this comp and come back with an even stronger side next year.

Comment

gotta play the cards you're dealt.
                        hopefully we can hang tough, jag some wins and be in a fair position when we're back to our revised version of full strength

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          Imagine the butthurt if we win this comp and come back with an even stronger side next year.
                          Would be hell of a story - probably one of the best of all time

Very unlikely but I know winning the prem would still be their goal - weaker teams would set up shop and set up for next year (for nothing)

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                            I think that is what is keeping me sane. If we were basket cases it would be hard to take. WE have immense talent across the squad and will be contenders for years to come. Imagine being a Tigers or Bulldogs fan.

Comment

I’m even excited at the possibly of beating parra this weekend and making them butthurt with who we have - would be a huge blow to their confidence and would burst their bubble

Comment

Working...
                              X