Robbo on 2SM talkin' sport 1269am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbo on 2SM talkin' sport 1269am

Just listening to Robbo talking about concussion on 2sm radio.

He is backing up his sentiment from the press conference and saying that more needs to be done in game and not having to wait until it's reviewed. He said any coach can field a team of 17 the following week however more needs to be done so the team that is a victim isn't at a disadvantage for that game on hand.

Robbo said that for the past decade teams have been coached to wrestle in the tackle and slow down the ruck. With the introduction of the 6 again rule, there is more attacking movement and stepping and due to fatigue and old tackle systems we're seeing all these head high tackles and the coaches need to change their tackling systems as soon as possible which they've been coaching for 10+ years and they need to do it now.

Graham Annesley has put all the teams on notice and advised of heavier penalties on players if these high tackles keep happening.

It was a simple phone call but always insightful from Robbo. He accepts responsibility on what is job and the coaches jobs are and they all need to get it right asap.

I haven't heard that show for about 3 years now. I see Tunks and Hughes are still on it so I will continue not listening.
    It surprised me that we are the most charged team this year.

Comment

I guarantee that this weekend we'll be the first team to heavily pay the price for the most moderate high shot.

Comment

Gees I'm surprised 2SM is still operational as back in the day when only AM it was number 1 from early 70's to mid 80's and was owned by the Catholic Church- Biggest and the most profitable radio station in Australian radio history. - 1270 2SM (Even though the frequency was 1269)

I remember they had a Priest on Sunday Nights Father Jim McLaren. For some reason they didn't move to the FM band which unfortunately for them most of their listeners did and their ratings and revenue collapsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
          I guarantee that this weekend we'll be the first team to heavily pay the price for the most moderate high shot.
          I was thinking the same thing..
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

As I wrote in the other thread, I will have to take a listen. (The Talkin' Sport section on the 2SM website allows you to access the recordings, although it might take a while to find.) I thought the Church owned 1170 2CH, not 2SM, but there you go. Talkin' Sport is the only show I listen to there.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

what it looks like inside a coffin. Know what I mean?
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I can’t stand the anti-Roosters sentiment from Tunks that imbecile so I refuse to listen to this station anymore. Makes Blocker sound like a scholar.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  I can’t stand the anti-Roosters sentiment from Tunks that imbecile so I refuse to listen to this station anymore. Makes Blocker sound like a scholar.
                  Played for Souths?

Comment

I played schoolboy footy with Peter Tunks and it was in the Easts JRL. His father was an administrator with ESJRL and Tunks played schoolboy rep footy for Easts. At some stage there was a big falling out between his father and the admin and Tunks was taken to play in Souths system. I was just a kid and don't know what the issue was but obviously Peter Tunks still carries a big grudge 50 years later

Comment

Have been tuning into talkin' sport for the past 4 years. Couldn't stand Tunks for the first 6 months. However I have warmed to his personality, as he is just a big stirrer. Obviously you can tell his bulldog bias, but he has been pretty fair to the Roosters.

I remember a caller once ringing the show wanting to speak with the East's jnr. When they realised he ment Tunks, they all laughed about it.

Comment

I used to listen most arvos when I lived in Sydney - Tunks was always pro-Roosters. I used to even wonder if he was in fact a supporter.

Comment

I’ve been listening to that show for 18 years, and whilst Tunks and Hughes do have some bulldogs bias, I have found them to be complimentary to the roosters whenever callers start talking rubbish about paper bags and sombreros etc..
                          Also Brett Papworth sticks up for the roosters all the time. My only problem with the show is the numerous breaks that have for news.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            I’ve been listening to that show for 18 years, and whilst Tunks and Hughes do have some bulldogs bias, I have found them to be complimentary to the roosters whenever callers start talking rubbish about paper bags and sombreros etc..
                            Also Brett Papworth sticks up for the roosters all the time. My only problem with the show is the numerous breaks that have for news.
                            I agree - they seem to give Easts a good rap and even defend them. Papworth always does of course.

Alexander and Gallen also tend to defend the Roosters. Then you have boneheads like Tallis.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                              Sadly Brett Papworth, a rugby convert had a succession of career ending injuries playing for us. He had the best sidestep I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X