Marschke sin binning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marschke sin binning

I’m not sure if this was brought up in the game day thread or any other but am I incorrect in saying that it should’ve actually been a changeover and play the ball to the Dragons for Hutch knocking on before the goal-line and not a 20m tap at all? He also called out to Marschke to let him go which he immediately did and still sent him. I just can’t believe how incompetent Ashley Klein showed himself to be in the space of 10 seconds.

yeah, he knocked it on in the field of the play but the ball went over the dead ball line. unless the dragons touched it, it's a 20m restart.

the other one i'd like another look at is when sitili was over the try line just after teddy got knocked out. he claimed a try but klein said he was held up. you'd figure they would have had a look at it if that was all that was going on

Comment

Klein is by far the most incompetent ref by the stretch of the river Nile.
      I’m not sure how many of you watched the presser from Robbo but, when he was asked about the sin binnings and head high he definitely lined up Kleins judgement calling, the head high on Macguire he labelled ridiculous and punishment of us losing Tedesco, Pereria only getting binned for a horrible reckless tackle and then Ben M given his marching orders as not of the same level of seriousness.
      He took aim at Ashley Klein and with good reason, there wasn’t a set restart for about 15-20 minutes dragons score and he pulls 6 agains out of his ass.

Comment

Robbo put it brilliantly in his presser as you mention. His words were very measured but ultimately scathing of Klein's appalling incompetence and lack of judgement. Why do we keep getting this twat?

Comment

That binning was totally wrong, didn't affect play because the ball wasn't in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
            I’m not sure if this was brought up in the game day thread or any other but am I incorrect in saying that it should’ve actually been a changeover and play the ball to the Dragons for Hutch knocking on before the goal-line and not a 20m tap at all? He also called out to Marschke to let him go which he immediately did and still sent him. I just can’t believe how incompetent Ashley Klein showed himself to be in the space of 10 seconds.
            Even though a lost ball before the line was a knock on the ball went touch in goal and was last touched by an attacking player so that over rides the knock on - hence the 20 metre restart - yeh Benny M let him go when the ref yelled out let him go and the nothing incident was made to look worse when the Dragon player milked it and flopped to the ground so the ref binned him.

I recall a similar incident in the Riff vs Knights game but not a penalty or binning for this - the ball went touch in goal from a kick and one of the attacking players did something similar (maybe the defending playing not falling over meant no bin) - Ref's often stop the 20 metre restart as defending players are still getting back on side or the official's aren't ready or not in place.

20 Metre Restart

A 20 metre optional kick is to be taken in compliance with Section 2 and Section 8 (2) (a-b) of ‘The Australian Rugby League Laws of the Game and notes on the laws’. The 20 metre optional kick must only be taken when all officials are in position and the whistle is blown. The initial tackle affected on the team taking the 20 metre optional re-start shall be a zero tackle. A “quick tap” will not be permitted where the ball has been returned to the 20 metre line by being passed greater than 10 metres, or has been passed more than once, or has been kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
              yeah, he knocked it on in the field of the play but the ball went over the dead ball line. unless the dragons touched it, it's a 20m restart.

the other one i'd like another look at is when sitili was over the try line just after teddy got knocked out. he claimed a try but klein said he was held up. you'd figure they would have had a look at it if that was all that was going on
              Yeah that surprised me (although I was at the ground pretty far back, watching from behind the other tryline). IMO it shoulda gone to the video ref.

Hutcho... I was celebrating his 'try' then realised he'd grounded it on the 10m line. Was he tripped or did he just fall over? It reminded me of my 1st game of rugby were we were behind by 3 points, I got a line break and then with nobody around I 'scored' on the wrong line before celebrating. Never lived that one down as it was majorly un-co and lost us the game hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah that surprised me (although I was at the ground pretty far back, watching from behind the other tryline). IMO it shoulda gone to the video ref.

Hutcho... I was celebrating his 'try' then realised he'd grounded it on the 10m line. Was he tripped or did he just fall over? It reminded me of my 1st game of rugby were we were behind by 3 points, I got a line break and then with nobody around I 'scored' on the wrong line before celebrating. Never lived that one down as it was majorly un-co and lost us the game hahaha
                He got ankle tapped by Ramsey.

I had something similar happen to me as a kid, 6 all not much time left and I made a long break stepped the last player a few metres from the tryline and then tripped over my own feet and dropped the ball. We ended up losing the game because the other team scored the first rry

Comment

No incompetence on Kleins part He once again just showed his disdain towards this club with the sin binning of Marshke He is a piece of shit
                  We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                  Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

It was a disgrace.

Klown on his power trip said it was "cynical and on purpose".

On top of the "head high" on Maguire and that nobody not being sent off.

He is such a cockhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      It was a disgrace.

Klown on his power trip said it was "cynical and on purpose".

On top of the "head high" on Maguire and that nobody not being sent off.

He is such a cockhead.
                      LOL a cynical sin binning. Is that in the rule book ?
                      section 24 subsection a ...... "a player my be sinbinned for being deliberately cynical, this is deemed to be as serious as a late high tackle and as such warrants the same onfield punishment"

Comment

I read somewhere he is actually thinking of changing his name to Sutton, he is that bad (or maybe I made it up, I can't remember )
                        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Ben had his best game yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

LOL a cynical sin binning. Is that in the rule book ?
                            section 24 subsection a ...... "a player my be sinbinned for being deliberately cynical, this is deemed to be as serious as a late high tackle and as such warrants the same onfield punishment"
                            lol

“cynical and deliberate”. What a wanker.

Comment

The sin binning was wrong, the other incident should have been a send off and the third matter was a shoulder charge - a trifecta that was handled incorrectly on all three counts. Robbo was very measured and restrained, but the underlying message of frustration was there.
                              MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                              is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                              with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                              much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                              X