Does Suaali get a start if Tedesco is out vs Newcastle Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Suaali get a start if Tedesco is out vs Newcastle Knights

Im wondering, if Tedesco is out this week will Robbo move Manu to fullback and do we see Suaali debut at Centre or does Ikuvalu come in at Wing and Morris shift into the centre position.

If Suaali gets a start I think it would be preferable against one of the bottom 8 teams.

This is purely speculation though, based on the presss conference Robbo didnt seem too worried about Tedesco.

anyone know how suaalii played on the weekend?

hard to drop iku after how he played on the weekend

Comment

The Knights would be a good game to give him his debut.

Hardly a baptism of fire.

Comment

He was named at fullback for the bears vs dragons.
        I don’t know if he played?

I think it’s good that the hype has died down a bit , so it could be a good time to give him a run.
        I think Teddy will get a rest to freshen up even if his head is ok.

But who to drop/rest?
        I’m sure the Morris boys will have some niggles that could do with a week extra recovery.

Having said yeah give him a run ,there are absolutely zero easy games , every 2 points vital , so let’s keep up the intensity.

Comment

Teddy won't play but neither will Suaali. iku to come in. The later Suaali debuts the better as far as I'm concerned

Comment

I'd play Suaali, but I think Robbo will go with Iku. Iku been solid and Robbo tends to hold back the jnrs

Comment

Originally posted by Yeception 7 View Post
              Teddy won't play but neither will Suaali. iku to come in. The later Suaali debuts the better as far as I'm concerned
              I was saying the same about young Sam...

Comment

Need to keep racking up two points when they are offer, Robbo will play it safe, and iku has definitely earned his start if it is on offer.

suaali could be named 18th man like iku was.

Comment

I think if they were to debut Suaalii it wouldn’t be at fullback it would be on the wing - so if Teddy is out I think they will play Manu at fullback and Ikuvalu on the wing, B Moz to centre (or B Moz to fullback). Suaalii may be in the reserves/18th man tho so may get his chance as next one up if any of the other outside backs withdraws - so he still may get his chance

Was at the roosters game and not the bears’ yesterday but Suaalii did play fullback and the bears seem to have won fairly comfortably (vs saints reserves) 26-12 here is the NSWRL match report:

“The North Sydney Bears have secured their third victory of the season after a hard-fought 26-12 win against St George Illawarra Dragons at North Sydney Oval.

The result was even more impressive when you consider the Bears lost halfback Coby Thomas early in the first half. Replacement Shannon Gardiner racked up more minutes than expected with Jesse Marschke slotting into the halves next to Josh Ralph.

Bears captain Max Bailey was thrilled to get the win in front of a home crowd.

“We knew today was a big day for us, really happy to get the win,” Bailey told nswrl.com.au.

“We spoke about it being a special day and being here at North Sydney we love playing here. We said at the start of the season we didn’t want to lose here and hopefully we can keep the wins coming.”

“After losing Coby we were really lucky we had Shannon on the bench. He he slotted in really well.”

The Dragons started strong scoring in the opening six minutes of the match. After receiving a repeat set, Max Feagai charged his way over to score underneath the posts with five-eighth Siti Moceidreke landing the conversion.

Following the restart, the Bears kicked it out on the full, rewarding the Dragons with a penalty on halfway but they were unable to capitalise on the opportunity.

In the 17th minute, Bears winger Sione Hopoate spun away from the defence and went over for the home side. The conversion was unsuccessful.

It was déjà vu from the restart as the Dragons kicked the ball out on the full, gifting Bears with a penalty.

The home side crossed again in the next set after Thomas found a gap and pushed his way over. The conversion was unsuccessful but the Bears had an 8-6 lead.

Unfortunately, Thomas played no further part in the match after leaving the field with a suspected elbow dislocation.

The Bears received another penalty after the Dragons were not clearing the ruck in time. They went over through second rower Naufahu Whyte. The conversion was unsuccessful as the Bears went into the half time break with a six-point lead.

In the 55th minute, a great play down the middle saw second rower Jerry Key reach his way over cross the tryline. Tom Carr successfully converted to extend their lead 18-6.

The Bears were in again after a great set-up from Marsche, who found Tom Carr who then found Moala Graham-Taufa to finish the job.

The Dragons showed grit before on the back of a scrum feed and utilising possession with Jackson Ford crossing. The successful conversion by Tyran Wishart closed the gap to ten points.

In the final minutes of the match the Bears forced a goal line drop out before the ball made its way to the wing as Tom Carr found space to lock in the victory.”

Comment

How about on the bench?

Manu
                    Toops
                    Jmoz
                    Bmoz
                    Iku
                    Hutch
                    Walker
                    Collins
                    Verrills
                    Liu
                    Angus
                    Sitili
                    Rads

JWH
                    Butcher
                    Baker
                    Suaalii

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I was saying the same about young Sam...
                      ... and you were wrong.

Comment

If Tedesco out - Manu FB - B Morris to centre and Iku on the wing - maybe be 18th Player though? - Not sure if SST is back may miss another week? - If back i suppose he will come in for Baker who i would like to see get more minutes in the NRL as aye he's a big lad as some of my relo''s in the North of England would say.

Not the time to experiment in such games as the Knights although not travelling great as far as winning games can't be taken lightly as they did push the Riff for most of that game -2 converted tries and penalty goal sealed the result in the last 15 or so minutes. From 10-6 after 65 minutes to 24-6 at Full-Time.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

My guess is he will debut round 17 against the Dogs Origin week

Comment

My guess would be Ikavalu to the wing and Suuali 18th man, provided Teddy doesn’t play..

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

... and you were wrong.
                              Er yes, Capt Obvious...was the point I was making and implying young Joe might also surprise as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X