Hutcho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutcho

Runs well & has the long boot. We need to stop expecting him to be a superstar. There’s a reason he’s a back up player. Does what he does well but has his limitations. I’m happy we have him.

He needs to get himself a running coach cause he’s slow as BUT I know he gives it all so I appreciate his effort.

Comment

Well done to him this year, filling in for the best 5/8 in the game, imagine the pressure. For the money he is on , probably the best value in the comp.

Comment

I am not too critical of him either. He is a plodder that tries his hardest. Not blessed with natural talent and ability, but certaintly has some ticker. We cannot have superstars three or four deep in every position. Drew is going quite well under the circumstances, so let's be content with that.
        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

I think he's a good foil for Walker.
          Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarlicho View Post
            Runs well & has the long boot. We need to stop expecting him to be a superstar. There’s a reason he’s a back up player. Does what he does well but has his limitations. I’m happy we have him.
            To true - I have been guilty of bagging him as a dead average park footballer. And to be honest he probably still is that - but he’s in the side because of injury and is our 4th choice half - got to stop comparing him to Keary - he’s a depth player and he is giving his all and performing well for his natural level of talents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

To true - I have been guilty of bagging him as a dead average park footballer. And to be honest he probably still is that - but he’s in the side because of injury and is our 4th choice half - got to stop comparing him to Keary - he’s a depth player and he is giving his all and performing well for his natural level of talents.
              Fair summary. And he seems a top fella too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                You can see that they have a special bond too, I'm sure he sees Walker like a younger brother and you often see photos of them embracing with grins ear to ear.

Comment

Great another Hutch thread.
                  He is filling in well but in the thread where we commented on whether we could win the comp this year many said No.
                  If Keary was in his place then I doubt anyone would say No. So 5/8 is our only weak link.
                  I have always said we could win the comp without Keary but we can't win it with Hutch or Lam at 5/8.
                  The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave me hope but since the announcement of TJ coming I have greater hope. But it is only hope as they are both unknowns.
                  The known facts of Hutch and Lam at 5/8 gives me no hope at all. Both make repeated mistakes in a key position. Neither have the playmaking skills nor pace required in that position. They are foils and that is all they will ever be. The truth may upset some. Some may even put up some muppet videos.

Run at me.

EDIT: I will add those who have said we should use this year to give the young guys experience are off their head. And I am glad our coach and chairperson don't think that way. We are not a rebuilding club. We always look at adding more floors.
                  Last edited by BUDDY; 04-26-2021, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I have also been critical of Hutcho in previous games.

I still think he is below our standard and yes while he is playing above his own capabilities and I applaud him on that, the facts are is he isn't up to 1st grade standard from what I have seen.

Good on him for giving it a crack, his effort should be applauded definately.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                      Great another Hutch thread.
                      He is filling in well but in the thread where we commented on whether we could win the comp this year many said No.
                      If Keary was in his place then I doubt anyone would say No. So 5/8 is our only weak link.
                      I have always said we could win the comp without Keary but we can't win it with Hutch or Lam at 5/8.
                      The unknown of Keighran at 5/8 gave me hope but since the announcement of TJ coming I have greater hope. But it is only hope as they are both unknowns.
                      The known facts of Hutch and Lam at 5/8 gives me no hope at all. Both make repeated mistakes in a key position. Neither have the playmaking skills nor pace required in that position. They are foils and that is all they will ever be. The truth may upset some. Some may even put up some muppet videos.

Run at me.
                      Haha, not gonna run at you Buddy but I think you are wrong about Lam.

If he can get in injury free run at his best position (6) we should see some real improvements. Has had no time or continuity there yet. Was our first choice this year don't forget, for a reason.

Comment

Strong running game. Great left footed kicking game. Strong defender. Great personality around the team.

As a 5/8th outside Keary he might be good enough to win a comp with the spine we have at full strength. But outside a rookie in Walker, Buddy is right - we need to be looking at other options if we're serious about winning the comp.

Comment

Hutch is the type of team player that Jack Gibson would select. Hutch a modern day Grant Hedger type of selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Haha, not gonna run at you Buddy but I think you are wrong about Lam.

If he can get in injury free run at his best position (6) we should see some real improvements. Has had no time or continuity there yet. Was our first choice this year don't forget, for a reason.
                            Yes he was first choice there because Hutch was our other choice

But Walker would have taken his spot at some point early in the season I would have guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              Which makes for an interesting combo next year. Would Keary be a good foil for Walker and vice versa?. Both willing but smaller bodies, and both more of a running, off the cuff type playmakers?

Comment

Working...
                              X