No announcement yet.

Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When/If Boyd comes back and if we are at full strength I wonder if Sitili or Butcher has that third middle on the bench spot. You would expect Angus and Boyd to play 80 in the second-row.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      When/If Boyd comes back and if we are at full strength I wonder if Sitili or Butcher has that third middle on the bench spot. You would expect Angus and Boyd to play 80 in the second-row.
      Cordner wont be playing 80 minutes I would assume- 50 to 60 tops

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

When he regains fitness I expect he will be. That was the general approach last year.

Comment

Once all fit and without onfield injury you would probably expect Cords, Crichton, Rads and Verrills to be able to play 80 minutes.
          Interesting bench selection. Liu, JWH and then who from Butch, Sitili, Lussick, TJ/Keighran/Hutch/Lam (assuming one plays 5/8).
          I hope we end up with this head ache.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Once all fit and without onfield injury you would probably expect Cords, Crichton, Rads and Verrills to be able to play 80 minutes.
            Interesting bench selection. Liu, JWH and then who from Butch, Sitili, Lussick, TJ/Keighran/Hutch/Lam (assuming one plays 5/8).
            A "pleasant" headache, one we never seem to experience...more like migraines when it comes to a healthy roster.

Comment

Butch's worth as a player has nothing to do with whether or not he would be in the team if we were at total full strength. His value right now, when he is in the team is the only thing he should be judged on. I have had doubts about what he offers in the past, and I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but he doesn't have to be. I apreciate the work he does for the team, lots of work in defence, positional play good, seems to be forming a good combination with Walker. The coach obviously values him. It's a TEAM game, and he is a TEAM player.

A full strength pack and bench would be JWH ,Sammy V, TKO, Angus, Boyd, Rads. Lindsay, Liu, all certainties.... then a choice from Sitili, Butcher, Baker, Fafita for the 3rd bench forward, and a choice of Hutch, Lam, Keighran, TJP, Suuali and Iku for the utility spot., Plenty of options.

Comment

No way in the world would you have Cordner playing 80 minutes week in week out returning from his concussion issues- 50 or so would be ample enough game time going forward long term.

Comment

It's a real problem for the interchange if you are subbing backrowers.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Just imagine the rotation when Collins, SST and Victor come off and JWH, Isaac and Sitili (maybe Butcher) come on. Nobody comes close to matching that rotation. When SST comes back we are close to it without even having to wait for Cordner.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Butch's worth as a player has nothing to do with whether or not he would be in the team if we were at total full strength. His value right now, when he is in the team is the only thing he should be judged on. I have had doubts about what he offers in the past, and I don't think he will ever be a superstar, but he doesn't have to be. I apreciate the work he does for the team, lots of work in defence, positional play good, seems to be forming a good combination with Walker. The coach obviously values him. It's a TEAM game, and he is a TEAM player.

A full strength pack and bench would be JWH ,Sammy V, TKO, Angus, Boyd, Rads. Lindsay, Liu, all certainties.... then a choice from Sitili, Butcher, Baker, Fafita for the 3rd bench forward, and a choice of Hutch, Lam, Keighran, TJP, Suuali and Iku for the utility spot., Plenty of options.
                      I think JWH will stay on the bench. He has literally won games for us off the bench. Yesterday he was immense again.

Comment

It's a real problem for the interchange if you are subbing backrowers.
                        If you use say 4 for prop rotations you have 4 more to use - so who do you use these 4 for - you may keep 1 for the last 10 or so minutes so 3 could be used subbing backrowers barring injuries that is.

Comment

For a player that plays the ball at least 4 times quicker than some of our more liked forwards, I will have him in the team any day.
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

We cannot have a team of out and out superstars. Butch, a bit like Hutch, is an honest toiler that is solid but not flashy. I am happy to give credit where it is genuinely due - he played well the other day. It would be ideal to see a bit more consistency from him, but I won't hang any Rooster player out to dry.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

He was good in 2019 including the GF. Admittedly quieter last year, but think he's been better this year.
                              Last year was a mess...everywhere.
                              If someone breathed on you you could've possibly died...or if a young person, had permanent organ damage/amputations.
                              NRL bubble, fly here, fly there...fly in, play, fly out.
                              Now he's married, settled at home, settled into a normal season, maybe he can concentrate better.
                              Playing in his best position?....that would help a lot.

Comment

If you use say 4 for prop rotations you have 4 more to use - so who do you use these 4 for - you may keep 1 for the last 10 or so minutes so 3 could be used subbing backrowers barring injuries that is.
                                The props and lock come off and back on - that's six.

The hooker comes off and comes back on - that's eight.

If you sub off a backrower then that's nine.

Very risky.

Comment

Working...
                                X