Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Storm

Finally we have a test to see where we are truly at. We are yet to beat a decent side this year. Tonight we have the opportunity to justify our position on the table. Where we sit at the moment is flattering really.

It all comes down to the forwards and ours have the capability of beating theirs. It’s time to pull up the sleeves and put in an 80 minute performance.

LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

GO ROOSTERS!

The Storm have had two massive wins in the last 2 week but before that they lost to Parra, Penriff and just held out to beat souths. We don't have Keary but they don't have Smith anymore so as good as they have been in the last 2 matches, they can also lose it because there is no General in that team. If we hold our nerve, then it will be Robbos tactics that wins it or lose it. I hope that part of that tactic is to bomb Jennings into submission. I've never seen a more incompetent player trying to catch a bomb. Well Fergo comes close.

Comment

I started off thinking we've got no hope but like... why?

The media want some parade where their teflon forwards (grubbiest in the game but never suspended) dominate and Shyzen-Houzen scores lotsa soft tries.

IMO if we show up, our defence is too good for that kinda shyte. It's a 100% certainty that Shyzen-houzen will be MoTM, but I reckon Teddy, Toops, Morris x 2 and Manu are also good forwards. Media hype around players (and stupid haircuts) don't win games.

Comment

good luck to the boys.
        go easts!

Comment

Dont think we win, but thats not really that important this early in the season.

As long as we turn up and compete, we have a shot.

if walker comes out of this game with more confidence, then even better. Any time I get to see that kid play for us, it gets me excited.

Go Easts!

Comment

Actually think we will win this one. Massive test for the whole team especially young Sam but the storm are vulnerable but still a very good team . If we keep there hooker quite , get in Munsters face then we are a massive chance. Go Roosters

Comment

We have a pretty good record against them so I'm confident..I think..

Feeling a bit ambiguous but want to be positive. Shut down Munster Mash and that's half the battle.

A bit of Friday fun inspiration:

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
                The Storm have had two massive wins in the last 2 week but before that they lost to Parra, Penriff and just held out to beat souths. We don't have Keary but they don't have Smith anymore so as good as they have been in the last 2 matches, they can also lose it because there is no General in that team. If we hold our nerve, then it will be Robbos tactics that wins it or lose it. I hope that part of that tactic is to bomb Jennings into submission. I've never seen a more incompetent player trying to catch a bomb. Well Fergo comes close.
                Did you see the Penrith winger last night?

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                  Dont think we win, but thats not really that important this early in the season.

if walker comes out of this game with more confidence, then even better. Any time I get to see that kid play for us, it gets me excited.

Go Easts!
                  2 points at this stage of the season is worth 2 points at any stage of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

2 points at this stage of the season is worth 2 points at any stage of the season.
                    Agreed. You always play for the win!

IMO something that often bites us towards the end is those wins that got away. Remembering back to 2020, we won but the ref somehow 'missed' a blatant forward pass and then that stupid wombat knocking on.

PS - how farking over-rated is Harry Grant? QLD's star hooker last year was Jake Friend, who got zero cred. Some totes random 'loan' player (who the Drizz then somehow signed rather than returning... not even to use as a starter... great farking 'loan' deal you media farkwits) took all the credit. I'm glad we knew his worth for all those years!

The way I see it, we'll just see:
                    - Solomona being a grub
                    - Bromwich being a grub
                    - Kaufusi being a grub
                    - Ado-Carr & Shyzen-Houzen getting a couple of mad runs... 50 Dally M points each for that
                    - Smith and Olam doing some nuggety hole running stuff (probably zero credit for it but that'll be 1/2 their game)
                    - Grant playing 5 minutes and bagging 100 Dally M points for catching a ball properly... with Gus Gould yelling 'SEE THAT IS WHY WE NEED MORE LOAN DEALS!!! WHAT A SUCCESS!!!' [So that a Tigpies hooker can get poached by a stronger club, never return and be used as a bench utility rather than returning to a weaker team and adding value to their roster as a starting hooker with finals experience... cool]

Comment

Think it will be close but hope our big boys protect Walker and scare the bejesus out of their halves. Nelson and Bromwich will be running at Walker all night unless they are put on their asses a few times early on. Kaufusi will try to dislocate either Walkers leg, wrist or head (or all of the above).

It will happen and I hope the Ref has the gumption to send offenders off.

Comment

Did you see the Penrith winger last night?
                        You mean To'o'o'oh? His carries were good. He got pelted a lot, like Toupo the week earlier but Toupo has more experience. G Jennings runs away from catching bombs or just lets them bounce and along with Remis, they are probably the worst right side in the top 8.

Comment

First game of the year we aren't expected to win. Hopefully the boys benefit from a nothing to lose attitude, and just give it their best shot. We often triumph in these circs.

Realistically its going to be a tough ask. Bellamy will be looking to test our relatively inexperienced spine, and won't miss trying. Hope Robbo has a trick or two up his own sleeve. Lindsay and Adam K back in the squad are big bonuses.

Next man up philosophy tonight for Easts. I'm sure they will do us proud.

Comment

Where we sit at the moment is flattering really.
                            I feel that many people are underestimating our performances based on our slow starts with JWH on the bench. We have won every 2nd half and especially the last 20 mins of each game and yet all we hear is the media downplaying our performances.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

Go Easts!
                              Yeah reckon this is 100%. Need to own Munster & Pappy and hoping forwards dont get out muscled....thats where JWH is vital. Our backs can easily match theirs, Sam should be sweet but the Drizzle are grubs so hope ref don't get spooked by the crowd and plays it fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X