• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew Hutchinson

After the last 2 weeks I’m a fan

loves a mid field bomb as much as Pearce

but can run a line, and seems to control the team ok

happy to see where he goes now he’s the mature half

His strength seems to be that he knows his limitations and he plays within that. If your best kick is a bomb then just keep on bombing, don't try to be something you're not.

Had another solid game today.

Comment

Best game so far, might sound weird but with our injuries, we are lucky to have him.

Comment

He did a lot of work in defence.

Comment

He was so dirty on himself for the poor kick that gave the Sharks a 7 tackle set but made up for it.
          I have confidence in him and he is growing every week.
          He will be in our team for the rest of the year in some capacity.

Comment

Strong D tonight and always gives 100%.
            Nothing flashy but a solid and dependable player.
            TiT

Comment

Really pleased with his bombs tonight. His running game was a big improvement from last week as well

Comment

He had another solid game tonight. He is not a natural or flashy player, but I admire his guts, determination and persistence. That try was most impressive. Good luck to him for the remainder of the season. I hope he can kick on and cement his position - at this rate, he certainly deserves it.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

When he scored that try , I watched it replay on the big screen and I clapped.
                  This guy gets sh*t put on him in this forum.
                  But if he doesn't score that try when he did, by running the ball, the Roosters would never have got back into the match and pull off the victory.
                  He could have easily passed the ball, and we most likely would have thrown a panic pass, f*cked up, and it would have been game over.
                  Sure, he will be overshadowed by faster five eigths in some of our future games.
                  You need to take the good with the bad , he has no electrifying speed.
                  But he got us 2 competition points today.
                  And for all those that knock him, remember he is not on $800,000 per season - far from it.

Comment

He seems a lot fitter this year and his play style seems to complement Walker as he develops as a halfback.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                      Best game so far, might sound weird but with our injuries, we are lucky to have him.
                      Yes, my man Hutch...angled running for a great and vital try.

Comment

Dare I say it, I see a lot of Aubo in him. Never flashy but solid and always there.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

You can’t have a team full of superstars. I assume that Hutch is on minimum wage and more than earns his keep. He is in my opinion a much better option than Lam.

Comment

He has certainly surprised me and he has improved out of sight.

His try was Fittleresque.

Comment

His tackle close to our line (I think after that ridiculous penalty on Radley for tacking a Cronulla player without the ball) was a huge play in the context of the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X