you look at our backline from 2019 -
    teddy
    toops
    latrell
    joey
    bmoz
    keary
    cronk
    and can you think of a better backline that has ever played at club level?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
      can't keep em all.

teddy
      toops
      latrell
      joey
      bmoz
      keary
      cronk
      Can’t think of a better backline.

Comment

Latrell is on fire right now. Bennett is a good man manager. Let’s see how he goes when Wayne is not there.

Comment

Wanted to play fullback, cause he felt he had achieved as much as could playing centre for us and wanted to push himself further and see what player he could become.

Took less money to play fullback for another top 6 club with a great coach.

Even though he was my favourite player and I hate he left, especially to souths, I completely understand why. That's probably why I felt less heart broken than when rts left.
          Last edited by RoosterFanNZ; 04-09-2021, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Good to see him gone. Grub when he was with us and still a grub now.. No moral compass. No loyalty or pride. Shit bloke in a shit team
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              Good to see him gone. Grub when he was with us and still a grub now.. No moral compass. No loyalty or pride. Shit bloke in a shit team
              That's rather harsh, would much rather have him in the team than against us

Comment

Originally posted by FAZ View Post
                Latrell is on fire right now. Bennett is a good man manager. Let’s see how he goes when Wayne is not there.
                Absolutely.

Latrell has been blessed with being under two of three great coaches.

We already saw how he went under an average coach at Origin level, he didn't even have a dig! In Origin, of all arenas, he phoned it in and got sacked.

What will happen under Demetriou if he turns out to be another Ivan Henjak-esque Bennett replacement?

2021 may well be the peak year of Latrell's career.

Comment

It's small consolation but we didn't let him leave. We threw him out.

Of course they had reason to do that.

Trust in Trent - and Nick.

PS. He is great in attack. Poor in defence. Watch the one Broncos try. he stopped dead and watched them come through the break. Any other fullback would have been across trying to stop it. The laziness means he is not suited to fullback.

PPS. What could have been still shatters me and to see him at that shit club is devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                    can't keep em all.

teddy
                    toops
                    latrell
                    joey
                    bmoz
                    keary
                    cronk
                    Parra early 80's. One State of Origin they had 2-7 with our Marty Gurr at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post
                      Wanted to play fullback, cause he felt he had achieved as much as could playing centre for us and wanted to push himself further and see what player he could become.

Took less money to play fullback for another top 6 club with a great coach.

Even though he was my favourite player and I hate he left, especially to souths, I completely understand why. That's probably why I felt less heart broken than when rts left.
                      The thing is... Teddy's also on fire at FB, he's captaining out team and his style suits our needs better.

It s*x losing any player of that calibre. However, we were never gonna use him like they are. So... best to let him free and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I lost a lot of sleep when Bob Fulton went back to Manly and over the years took Cleal, Boustead, Gurr, McCabe, Schubert, Ron Gibbs- im having trouble getting to sleep thinking about it now!
                        Not quite right, Paul McCabe actually went to Manly in 1982, Fulton was still Easts coach in 1982, also Marty Gurr went to Souths before heading over to Manly but you are right, i still have nightmares of how Fulton ripped out team to shreds and took players to Manly.
                        We also lost Terry Fahey and Ron Giteau to Canberra at the end of 1982.

Comment

Fatrell is a confidence player so right now he looks a million dollars as Souths are winning. For me he is not a player to drag a team with him if they are struggling, he is more likely to sulk and not be involved. He does not have the mindset of a champion player like Teddy, Munster, DCE. Also his constant niggle in the tackle is very off putting
                          Last edited by RoosterBooster; 04-09-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

To me RTS is the most obvious comparison. At least with Latrell we've got J-Moz and Teddy... with Suaalii ready to debut at some point (probably as a winger/centre).

With RTS we didn't even get a right of response. First we heard was that he'd signed elsewhere for roughly double what we'd offered him, meaning we wouldn't have a FB for the next year. Our backup plan was a 1/2 baked Latrell. There was a rough patch there! (2016?) RTS had an okay year in 2016 and I remember him winning a game against us with a full field try + doing the whole 'WOOHOOO' BS for some time after. This wasn't to spite us, he was just enjoying himself (same with Latrell).

I said it in another thread, I don't really give a shyte about Souffs. They're not my team and I see no point getting agitated about them beating shyte teams. Under the new rules, every winning team puts on a cricket score and outside backs are regularly scoring doubles (I think Butch's try was our first of the season for a forward? That's just how it is). IMO it's best to focus on our current roster and how they're doing rather than what coulda been.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                              I think he is great off the field, shows a lot of love and passion for his home and his people, sounds like he really wants to make a difference, kids love him, and the game needs people like him.

Comment

I don’t miss the grubby stuff he does and wanting to fight everyone.
                                he is well suited to Souths , and he is going well there, good luck to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X