losing Mitchell........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• losing Mitchell........

I still can't believe we let Mitchell go. Watching him destroy teams each week for the vermin has me dry reaching, I know he wanted fullback and as wwe have Tedesco that was out of the question. It's still painfull, I wouldn't have minded nearly as much if he joined any other club but the vermin, aaarrggghh where's that bucket.

Yep, I would of been happy if he was a tiger.

still love watching him.

Comment

He is a marvel. More talented than GI.

The day he left was a tragedy, especially to the scum. At least we got two Premierships out of him and now I just hope he gets zero with Souths.

This is his best chance in 2021.

Comment

not 100% sure his heart was ever really at the chooks. he reckons he has spoke to f all of his former team mates since he left. he was destined to be a rabbitoh, wanted to be a rabbit.

crichton is the same in reverse, i guess.

Comment

His ability is undeniable. While it is hard to watch him at the Rabble, I accept that it has happened and have moved on. We simply cannot keep them all, as much as I wish we could. I cannot fathom how anyone would not want to be a part of this great club, but obviously some do. I am looking forward to and focusing on the future with Suaalii and co. That is the main thing in my mind.

I agree with milanja that the Tigers would have been a more palatable destination for Latrell, but there you go.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
            not 100% sure his heart was ever really at the chooks. he reckons he has spoke to f all of his former team mates since he left. he was destined to be a rabbitoh, wanted to be a rabbit.

crichton is the same in reverse, i guess.
            100%.

He even said so on live TV after a game last week or the week before - along the lines of 'always been a Souths fan and a Rabbitoh all my life'. But I think he gave 110% playing for us. In the 2019GF, it wasn't just his flick pass to Toups for the clutch try, but the conversion that was critical as well. It wasn't that easy.

Agree about Crichton as well. His heart was always at Easts - I'm pretty sure he mentioned that as well.

If there's a silver lining, I hope Suaalii can be a Latrell Mark 2 but even better. Have heard from a Kings teacher that he is a very, very good boy - always respectful, polite and a joy to teach.
            Last edited by Bruce Pickett; 04-09-2021, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I think latrell had to go to Souffs and leave us to reach his full potential as unfortunate as it is and who he plays for - it was at catalyst moment in his career that gave him the opportunity and drive he needed to get to the next level which I don’t think he would have reached with us - just because of the circumstances.

If he stayed I think he would have become less and less interested over time in improving his game forward (as rapidly as he has in the last two years anyway).

Even the media beat up when he left played a part that wouldn’t have happened otherwise - it started a fire in him. Anyone with that much natural talent is very dangerous when they decide to prove people wrong and find the right motivation.

He is a confidence player and now has full confidence in himself and those around him - very tough to beat. Not that I would replace him for Teddy - totally different players and talents. Both freaks and unique stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

100%.

He even said so on live TV after a game last week or the week before - along the lines of 'always been a Souths fan and a Rabbitoh all my life'. But I think he gave 110% playing for us. In the 2019GF, it wasn't just his flick pass to Toups for the clutch try, but the conversion that was critical as well. It wasn't that easy.

Agree about Crichton as well. His heart was always at Easts - I'm pretty sure he mentioned that as well.

If there's a silver lining, I hope Suaalii can be a Latrell Mark 2 but even better. Have heard from a Kings teacher that he is a very, very good boy - always respectful, polite and a joy to teach.
                The catch 22 with Suaalii is that I fear he either won’t live up to the hype or if he does, then he too will outgrow us and what we are able to offer him to keep him. So young with so much talent and potential makes you have a lot of people in your ear to get a piece of him and ask ridiculous things - similar to what happened to latrell with his ‘support’ crew.

Suaalii already has many in his ear before he has even played pressuring the poor 17 year old - he’s just a kid in a man’s body. Roosters will only offer you so much no matter who you are as we need to maintain the whole squad with quality - something that bad teams don’t do throwing all their eggs in one basket

Comment

Chooks made him an offer and he chose to leave nothing the Chooks could have done more to convince him to stay.

Comment

He gave us amazing service. I said from the start letting him go when he wanted to sign was a massive mistake, and now he's helping the grubby evil red and green empire go from strength. Just keeping him away from there would've been reason enough to re-sign him. But he's gone now, so let's hope Suuali turns out to be even better.

Comment

Bloody hell Ray you come out with some corkers.

Dont be a hindsight hero.

1. We did not let him go, we offered him 800k to play centre (an outstanding amount for a non spine player) and he turned it down.
                      2. Tedesco is a better fullback
                      3. He had developed a foul attitude which was not in keeping with Robbos standards. And Robbo tried bloody hard to accommodate his whims despite that.

I would love nothing more than if he stayed, but he was a square peg in a round hole. It was the right decision for him to go and it was the right decision for us to stick to our guns on our offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        He is a marvel. More talented than GI.
                        Not for mine.....yet.

If i needed a fullback or centre to win me a match and my life depended on it, i'd go Inglis any day.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          Chooks made him an offer and he chose to leave nothing the Chooks could have done more to convince him to stay.
                          I'm yet to lose any sleep over a player leaving the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I'm yet to lose any sleep over a player leaving the Roosters.
                            I lost a lot of sleep when Bob Fulton went back to Manly and over the years took Cleal, Boustead, Gurr, McCabe, Schubert, Ron Gibbs- im having trouble getting to sleep thinking about it now!

I still love Latrell- he is shaping up as a special fullback. However if you asked me who would i take back back between Latrell or RTS its definitely Roger- to play anywhere in the backline or halves. Im glad he is moving to RU too- he deserves to play in a team that has quality players instead of carrying a team of average first graders on his back

Comment

Don't forget Ian Barclay as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X