Artie’s Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artie’s Bar

IN the time-honoured tradition of enjoying a cold drink on a hot day, the Sydney Roosters have recently opened up a new bar at Easts Leagues club in memory of club champion and rugby league Immortal Arthur Beetson.

Decked out with an array of brilliant black and white photographs spanning Beetson’s life, Artie’s Bar is a fitting tribute to one of rugby league’s biggest personalities.

Big Artie famously captained the Roosters to the 1974 and 1975 grand finals and enjoyed a long and decorated association with the Chooks.

Roosters kingpin Nick Politis opened the bar a fortnight ago with fellow Tricolurs premiership-winner Ian Schubert giving a speech about the old days when Jack Gibson famously coached the Chooks and big Artie was his captain.

Retired Roosters players Royce Ayliffe, John Brass, Russell Fairfax and David Trewella all enjoyed a cold drink and raised a toast to the rugby league Immortal.

The Big House was Artie’s bar

Comment

The photos looked great. Can't wait to get in there for a drink

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
        The Big House was Artie’s bar
        Big Artie would big looking down with a huge grin and beaming with pride. Well done Easts Group!

Comment

I’ve only see pics of the new bar but I can tell it isn’t much different to the old bar. Takes more than a few pics of legendary Roosters and some new carpet to get me interested. That place is still a depressing hole. Anyway I hope anyone who goes to that dump enjoys it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            I’ve only see pics of the new bar but I can tell it isn’t much different to the old bar. Takes more than a few pics of legendary Roosters and some new carpet to get me interested. That place is still a depressing hole. Anyway I hope anyone who goes to that dump enjoys it.
            Some good nights there back in the day when the had the shotz nightclub pool hall upstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Some good nights there back in the day when the had the shotz nightclub pool hall upstairs.
              Popped a few cherries did you?

Comment

The bistro upstairs is attrocious.

Comment

Russell Fairfax must have gotten a haircut

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Big Artie would big looking down with a huge grin and beaming with pride. Well done Easts Group!
                    Indeed, it is a very nice touch. Looking forward to visiting.
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Anyone remember the short lived niteclub Bananas?

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                        Russell Fairfax must have gotten a haircut

How many people on here would get that reference? I couldn’t tell you who our new CEO was if you pointed him out to me but I remember “Mr.” Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          I dropped in there to check it out - unfortunately it’s totally underwhelming. Kinda shit cheap job. Beer was good though. The restaurant looked good though - they have done a good job on that and opened it up to the balcony which looks good.
                          Last edited by The Lip; 04-04-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X