Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    How did we let Momirovski get away?
    WTF did the Tigers let him go over BJ and Roberts?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Would you have taken him over toops,Morris twins, latrell, manu and now suaalii?
      You wouldn’t think so..

Comment

The defence has to work overtime as it would be expected points wont be free flowing with a modified attack.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

WTF did the Tigers let him go over BJ and Roberts?
          because they are the tigers, and that is how they do things ....solid dependable who will play 7 / 10 game every week ?? nah lets sign the guy who plays 1 9 /10 per seasin but 4/ 10 the rest ...

Comment

Could the Tommy T injury really make this much of a difference to Manly?

They look rudderless out there albeit against a strong Penrith side..

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
              Could the Tommy T injury really make this much of a difference to Manly?

They look rudderless out there albeit against a strong Penrith side..
              not against better teams , but against poorer teams he prob is the difference between 12 and 16 place. the same way teddy is the difference between 3 and 6th , or god forbud the guy who has the initials l.k.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post

not against better teams , but against poorer teams he prob is the difference between 12 and 16 place. the same way teddy is the difference between 3 and 6th , or god forbud the guy who has the initials l.k.
                Yes fair point Matty

Comment

Turbo will make a difference to their attack but it wont help their defensive issues as their defence was/is pretty ordinary- Big Jack Gibson would always focus on getting the defence right and the attacking side second. Manly needs to do the same.

Chooks will need to get their defence right as well and get back to it being the moving and living organism as Robbo often described it as. One would say the point scoring ability will be reduced so the defence will need to compensate for this and work a lot harder.

Penrith are very well drilled in defence with a fast moving straight line with no lazy defenders or players getting ahead of themselves by rushing out of the line. They defend as a team not a team of individuals.

The old there is no I in team which is why they would be premiership favourites as they put teams under pressure not only with their attack but also with their defence.
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 04-02-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Rebuilding, as we are,

How to build a new team:
                    copy the Panthers.
                    How to attack:
                    copy the Panthers.
                    How to defend:
                    copy the Panthers.
                    All shown clearly in last night's game V
                    Manly.
                    Kikau...unstoppable ..getting the ball while running at pace.

Comment

Rebuilding, as we are,

How to build a new team:
                      copy the Panthers.
                      How to attack:
                      copy the Panthers.
                      How to defend:
                      copy the Panthers.
                      Manly.
                      Yeah they were great - to be fair to our team, our coach and our club we did beat them 46-4 a couple of weeks ago with cords, victor and Verrills our and Jake getting concussed and taken off during that game. Panthers as good as they were beat them 46-6.

Fit and healthy BB we are doing more than okay we have been extremely unlucky with injuries - makes rebuilding as you put it almost impossible - no cap space as you still have to pay the injured guys.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Yeah they were great - to be fair to our team, our coach and our club we did beat them 46-4 a couple of weeks ago with cords, victor and Verrills our and Jake getting concussed and taken off during that game. Panthers as good as they were beat them 46-6.

Fit and healthy BB we are doing more than okay we have been extremely unlucky with injuries - makes rebuilding as you put it almost impossible - no cap space as you still have to pay the injured guys.
                        IMO while we held Souffs to within 10, a broader issue is arising that when teams lose... they lose badly and there's a heap of injuries too.

I've had my rant about how Souffs seemed 'too fast' as a result of us being told to release early (then being told we were constantly surrendering). That aside though... IMO the issue is that you don't have to be amazing to kick butt now. It's feeling a little bit like that era where ordinary swimmers were breaking longstanding world records using those stupid suits. I'm worried that the new 'speed' of the game is creating injuries and various teams are just gonna collapse from it.

Will monitor this space but IMO having the beat players available is more important than speeding up the game. Also, the 'faster' game is waaaay more one-sides to the point where losing teams get absolutely no joy beyond a point. Sigh...

---

Quickly moving back to the refs, IMO if they have a shocker then I reckon they can inadvertently give one team have more speed, completely writing the other team outta the contest.

Massive wins are potentially an example of this. However, I'd say our loss to Souffs is another example. We only lost by a try despite 12-0 penalties being called against us over 79 minutes. I don't think Souffs were good enough to deserve so much possession and TBH they were p!ss poor to have conceded 3 in such circumstances...
                        Last edited by ism22; 04-02-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Rebuilding, as we are,

How to build a new team:
                          copy the Panthers.
                          How to attack:
                          copy the Panthers.
                          How to defend:
                          copy the Panthers.
                          Manly.
                          “Rebuilding” only a loser would make such a pathetic excuse. I thought you were a Parra fan.

The only thing I want from the Panthers is their great health. No major injuries. They’ve won nothing. We would be riding high too if we had our full compliment of players.

I was at Speedo’s this morning. I wish you were there too.

ps. We also beat Manly by 40 points. And we had some key players missing.

Have a great Easter you Parramatta loving Panther’s fan.

Comment

Rebuilding, as we are,

How to build a new team:
                            copy the Panthers.
                            How to attack:
                            copy the Panthers.
                            How to defend:
                            copy the Panthers.
                            Manly.
                            You can't deny the Panthers are a outstanding team. People on here will say they only got us by 1pt in the semis last year but that scoreline flattered us massively. Without Keary we cannot compete with them come the semis this year. Just my opinion and not hating but they are very very good with an outstanding 7 and a highly underrated 6

Comment

Rebuilding, as we are,

How to build a new team:
                              copy the Panthers.
                              How to attack:
                              copy the Panthers.
                              How to defend:
                              copy the Panthers.
                              Manly.
                              We destroyed manly too, maybe Penrith copied our game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

“Rebuilding” only a loser would make such a pathetic excuse. I thought you were a Parra fan.

The only thing I want from the Panthers is their great health. No major injuries. They’ve won nothing. We would be riding high too if we had our full compliment of players.

I was at Speedo’s this morning. I wish you were there too.

ps. We also beat Manly by 40 points. And we had some key players missing.

Have a great Easter you Parramatta loving Panther’s fan.
                                Sounds like a name for a gay night club??

Comment

Working...
                                X