No announcement yet.

Fitzy awarded life membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig was a great player for the club, he deserves all the accolades that come his way. Please don't leave us.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      Out of curiosity apart from Tim Webster, Uncle Nick ,Mark Bouris and David Gyngell have any other fans been awarded life membership of the Chooks - what would be the criteria for a non playing Chook supporter to be awarded Life Membership and who decides this -Uncle Nick i suppose.

Is there a list as supposedly there are 50 or so all up.
      you'd figure membership of the chookpen would be one

Comment

Out of curiosity apart from Tim Webster, Uncle Nick ,Mark Bouris and David Gyngell have any other fans been awarded life membership of the Chooks - what would be the criteria for a non playing Chook supporter to be awarded Life Membership and who decides this -Uncle Nick i suppose.

I think PaddoColt61 was awarded life membership for his devotion and loyalty to the club. Not just a country member.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

you'd figure membership of the chookpen would be one
          Or sitting through many of those home games at the SFS in the late 80's to early 90's- Only thing missing was the Benny Hill Show theme during a lot of those games. There were some shockers

Comment

Fully deserved.

Fitzy is as much of a Roosters legend as any past or present player that I can think of.

He was the Boyd Cordner of that great early 2000s team. A real warrior and set the tone for the culture of the team.

And as if that wasn't enough he's then gone on to become a cornerstone of our coaching staff for almost a decade.

Ulimate respect for the great man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
              Yeah the 'why now?' always confuses me a bit. Like I agree he's a legend of the club but what prompted the board to make the call this month? Do they do one a year or something?

Comment

People are nominated and a vote takes place at the Football Club AGM.

There’s a few fans I know of that have it.

It’s quite an honour. There should be a list with a little bio for each on the club website.
                Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 02-27-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X