Goal kickingthis season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

From a fantasy point of view....does his run up count as metres gained?? Just asking for a friend!!
    Every metre counts

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      No proper goal kicker will hurt us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.
      People said similar when Latrell Mitchell was kicking for us.

Denial never looked so good.

Comment

You seen that new Figian kid kick? Sharpshooter. He was 15 kicking goals from halfway,Walker ,Volkman...looks like future kickers are a plenty..as for permanent now?have no idea of a reliable kicker other than Taki
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

People also said similar in 2016 and turned out to be right when we lost a bunch of games due to missed goals

Comment

that bloke who kicked in the trial game v tigers looked alright. kicked one from the sideline and it was still rising as it went through the posts. he didn't go too well with ball in the hands but if they copied the nfl where the kicker doesn't play ...

Comment

Goolies had good and bad days but still was/is a NRL competent kicker with a 75% career average success rate- Tatts Reynolds is around 82% -Flanno was 80% - Fitzy's career average was 76.87 % / JT 75.24%/Darryl Halligan 79.31%

So whoever kicks would need to be around 75% or so success rate one would say as turning 4's into 6 is still important. JT and Fitzy need to work with the goal kickers or employ Halligan as a "consultant"
              Last edited by King Salvo; 02-26-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

People also said similar in 2016 and turned out to be right when we lost a bunch of games due to missed goals
                https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/08/1...round-21-2007/

Comment

Yep. Another in denial.

Comment

Yep. Another in denial.
                    Fatrell was a naturally talented goalkicker who really was not very good. He could and did miss from right in front more than once. If I recall he missed 2 kicks in the 2019 GF which could have cost us a premiership. Denial? Who is in denial?

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                      that bloke who kicked in the trial game v tigers looked alright. kicked one from the sideline and it was still rising as it went through the posts. he didn't go too well with ball in the hands but if they copied the nfl where the kicker doesn't play ...
                      Yeah, I thought the same. Tom Carr guy (spicy Thai soup) is a journeyman whose been around a while.
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Carr had a mini shocker (I thought) in a side that was pretty good across the board...he's relegated to No: 23 this week!

Comment

No proper goal kicker will hurt us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.
                          Not having a ball running half also hurts us. Have said it before... IMO Robbo's clearly done the maths and noted that a 70% kicker versus an 85% kicker will lose you maybe 4 points a game.

Personally, I'd prefer to have somebody who will create 4 pointers ahead of somebody who won't but will turn a few more of them into 6-pointers.

Both is obviously ideal but Lam and SST both kick at about 70%. If they improve a little bit then that's maybe 75%. I reckon improving a 70% conversion rate to a 75% conversion rate is easier than teaching somebody who can't take on the line or setup assists in 1st grade to do so.

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

There were far more factors at play to us s*cking in 2016 than missed goals. Hastings is a ~80% kicker so we coulda used him if all we needed was a few more goals!

Woof woof... sniff sniff...

Watson was more useful to us because he had a simple game but constantly took on the line. That speed's important as you're constantly forcing the defence to re-position, run back (causes fatigue) and commit extra players to smaller dudes (classic Raiders style... Wighton draws all the defenders then Papalii crashes over because no FB/winger is gonna pummel him 1-on-1).

To me losers always like to blame bad luck with a kick or a bad penalty for their failure rather than being consistently too shyte to earn an outright lead. I don't wanna be the person making such excuses come mad monday in 2021.
                          Last edited by ism22; 02-26-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

Fatrell was a naturally talented goalkicker who really was not very good. He could and did miss from right in front more than once. If I recall he missed 2 kicks in the 2019 GF which could have cost us a premiership. Denial? Who is in denial?
                            I hope SST is also not very good and also kicks around 80%.

Comment

I thought Lam can kick.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Cloey View Post
                                I thought Lam can kick.
                                I can kick too but I’m shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X