Roosters February 20th trial against the Tigers will be livestreamed on NRL.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Solid enough to be able to handle the defensive side of it. Bit early to be writing him off
    Adam Reynolds (173cm, 5 ft 8 in) says hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Volkman is a midget. Too small and too much of a target in defence. This will be the highest level he gets to in my opinion.
      He's made it this far so he must be considered capable of making it.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Bears fans said it on FB... it was weird that the Bears played in an Easts jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Adam Reynolds (173cm, 5 ft 8 in) says hello.
          Great example of a very successful small guy. I just have little confidence in small people doing well in such a physically demanding game. PLEASE let me be wrong.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 02-21-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
            Bears fans said it on FB... it was weird that the Bears played in an Easts jersey.
            I didn't think you could get news on FB anymore.

Comment

I thought Dane Laurie had a field day against Ron.
              As to his height, Alan Langer was 5’5” - that’ll do me
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Volkman looks a similar build to Stacey Jones.

He might be short but he looks very powerfully built with strong legs and a low centre of gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Great example of a very successful small guy. I just have little confidence in small people doing well in such a physically demanding game. PLEASE let me be wrong.
                  That's not being very inclusive though - the game can accommodate all types-taller/shorter/slim/not so slim- need to get with the flow of inclusiveness.

Your most likely a Randy Newman fan one would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8UVBgUd9GE

Well, I don't want no short people
                  Don't want no short people
                  'Round here
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 02-22-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Nice dig from the boys esp their defence. You can see everyone was keen to impress. Credit to JT who has been preparing most of these guys.

I agree Volkman of the tree trunk legs looked classy. King Salvo may have been right. Thought Tony Satini, Ben Thomas and the boy Montgomery did some good stuff too.
                    The old chip and chase - needs to make a comeback -Not sure why it's not used more often especially when fullbacks defend in the line. Could also be used as a rouse /decoy - defenders thinking the player will chip and chase start to turn to retrieve the ball and instead they go through the hands as a result of a defender(s) turning their backs.

Comment

• I’m not sure on Volkmans age (did a very quick google search and found nothing) but I’d imagine he’s still pretty young considering he’s a rising star, he can still grow if height is a big issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                        I’m not sure on Volkmans age (did a very quick google search and found nothing) but I’d imagine he’s still pretty young considering he’s a rising star, he can still grow if height is a big issue.
                        19 I think by the look of earlier stories about him- played Jersey Flegg last year in the abandoned comp which was under 20's then - Under 21's this year - The Chip and chase try was a beauty and there should be more of them with fullbacks defending in the line 20 odd or so metres out i say - Steve Mortimer used to be good at the chip and chase - I remember him scoring a chip and chase try against the Chooks at Belmore in 1979

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

That's not being very inclusive though - the game can accommodate all types-taller/shorter/slim/not so slim- need to get with the flow of inclusiveness.

Your most likely a Randy Newman fan one would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8UVBgUd9GE

Well, I don't want no short people
                          'Round here
                          Are you suggesting Thirteen looks down on them?

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

The old chip and chase - needs to make a comeback -Not sure why it's not used more often especially when fullbacks defend in the line. Could also be used as a rouse /decoy - defenders thinking the player will chip and chase start to turn to retrieve the ball and instead they go through the hands as a result of a defender(s) turning their backs.
                            Agree re the chip chase, underutilised. Even more dangerous if its for a free runner not so much the kicker.

Comment

• Warren Ryan rid the chip and chase from Turveys game
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• these days you sometimes see the chip and chase when the half time siren goes and there's nothing else on

Comment

Working...
                                X