No announcement yet.

Flanagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can clearly see he is struggling mentally at the moment and seeing him get choked up when asked about his fathers support shows how much he respects his Dad but seriously young dude.......You got dropped, move on and get over it. I know that may sound insensitive but Gee-whiz, if you're playing poor you will be dropped. You're still alive, uninjured, WELL PAID and have a chance to earn selection next week.
    Many greats in all sports have had to deal with rejection at some point, even the great Michael Jordan couldn't make his High School basketball team when he first tried out.

And seriously how dumb are the bulldogs for putting him in-front of the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

The real dopes in this are the Bulldog hierarchy for wheeling him out for the presser. About to be dropped, bit fragile anyway...just dumb. Poor bugger.
      Agree Jack it was weak by the dogs to throw him to the wolves after being hooked on the weekend.
      This along with their handling of the Adam Elliott incident earlier in the year shows poor leadership by the hierarchy.

Comment

• That press conference today was the first public crucifixion I’ve seen since watching The Passion of the Christ.

Comment

• I feel sorry for him because he did well, was top point scorer and didn’t really set a foot wrong. I just think that his problem was more that Trent saw our future with Walker the more he saw him and changed his mind, deciding Walker offered a much better future than Kyle. It was a case of the good being pushed out by the best. Clearly Robbo changed after seeing more of both Walker and Kyle.
          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• So another abusive meltdown by Larry Rooster in Hong Kong and whatever 1000 other aliases he’s gone by. On the subject of Flanno jr, I don’t think he was emotional because he was dropped. He was emotional because he was asked how his father has been helping him deal with the situation.

Comment

• Oh and Roosterchick, you’re not the first female on here who’s been the victim of the fiery, ‘abuse first, think later’, LLB. I thought your responses to his abuse were very calm, thoughtful and very well said.

Comment

• and I was going to take that bet...oh well I'll keep my $20 then....

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                  Oh and Roosterchick, you’re not the first female on here who’s been the victim of the fiery, ‘abuse first, think later’, LLB. I thought your responses to his abuse were very calm, thoughtful and very well said.
                  Thank you. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                    I feel sorry for him because he did well, was top point scorer and didn’t really set a foot wrong. I just think that his problem was more that Trent saw our future with Walker the more he saw him and changed his mind, deciding Walker offered a much better future than Kyle. It was a case of the good being pushed out by the best. Clearly Robbo changed after seeing more of both Walker and Kyle.
                    I feel for him too because of his name he is expected to be much better than he is.
                    Go back and watch some games from least year knowing we got rid of him. The Penrith semi especially. The guy did nothing (apart from kick goals). There was no improvement, no spark, little organisation.
                    The Roosters gave him and opportunity and all the tools around him to improve and he didn't get any better at all.
                    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bet ya he got tested in house.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• I felt sorry for him until he kept going on about it in the media. We could have kept him and let him languish in reserve grade, reducing his value considerably. Instead we gave him the chance to sign an improved deal with the cub of his choice. A smarter move would have been him to tell the media he was disappointed that the club didn't see a long term future for him, but that he was thankful for the chance to play and learn with some of the games best and that he now hoped to go out and prove us wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                          I felt sorry for him until he kept going on about it in the media. We could have kept him and let him languish in reserve grade, reducing his value considerably. Instead we gave him the chance to sign an improved deal with the cub of his choice. A smarter move would have been him to tell the media he was disappointed that the club didn't see a long term future for him, but that he was thankful for the chance to play and learn with some of the games best and that he now hoped to go out and prove us wrong
                          Finally some words of wisdom. I think the problem some Penney’s have with KF is that other penners started writing dribble after we released him. Some wanted Trent to resign, others said it’s the worst decision the club made and will be made to regret the decision etc etc ....
                          I think I heard some ex player say on radio ( can’t remember who) : If Flannigan and Napa were any good, Trent wouldn’t have let them go”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                            I felt sorry for him until he kept going on about it in the media. We could have kept him and let him languish in reserve grade, reducing his value considerably. Instead we gave him the chance to sign an improved deal with the cub of his choice. A smarter move would have been him to tell the media he was disappointed that the club didn't see a long term future for him, but that he was thankful for the chance to play and learn with some of the games best and that he now hoped to go out and prove us wrong
                            Exactly. I don't feel sorry for him.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

That’s a bit harsh. He’s still young and he’s got a few things going for him. He’s just got to pull his finger out and run the ball. That would be a start. Unfortunately he’s not in a team that can afford the luxury of carrying a player still trying to learn his trade. The Dogs don’t really have anyone to replace him at present so he’ll get a reprieve. Now is the time to work hard, run the ball, make his tackles and work on his kicking game. That’s all he can do. Speed isn’t everything, just ask Cooper Cronk.
                              Yes I know , it wasn't meant to be taken too serious. Hes an NRL halfback , although he's struggling now in a beaten side he must have been doing something right to get where he is today. They dont just hand 1st grade jumpers out to anyone.

Comment

• Dogs need to understand they didn't buy a marquee player. Milford at the Bronks is a good example at $1m a seasn and he does SFA for that side. Too much pressure on Flanno when there's 12 other blokes in that side and especially the forwards who too often get owned.
                                They have some decent triers with Burton and Carr adding to their attack. I've never really rated Barrett from his time with Manly but he also don't have a strong side.

Comment

Working...
                                X