No announcement yet.

Flanagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you're allowed to cry when you're talking about the support that you get from your family.

there are rumours that he didn't fit in with our culture but i don't have a problem with any of his public comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

His problem isn't that he lacks experience. He lacks talent and skill. I don't want to see our halfback crying like a bitch because of losing a footy match. Father and son are are a pair imo.
      Well for one I disagree with you in that he lacks talent and skill. I watched every game he played last year and he showed ability in his passing and kicking game. He made most of his tackles and he’s a good goal kicker. His general kicking game does need some work.
      If you actually watched the interview he didn’t cry. He did obviously show the pressure he is under though.
      I can see by your post that you probably wouldn’t be much support to a friend or family member who had mental health issues. That’s your issue.
      I feel differently as I have a friend who’s son took his own life.
      We don’t know what Kyle is going through emotionally to nearly break down on camera. He is dealing with a lot.
      Maybe cut the kid a bit of slack.
      Last edited by RoosterChick; 05-11-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• If the poor bugger is at the point that he is crying about being hooked the he needs help and support .It's not all about how good he is on the field but also about how well his health is off it and from looking at the pressure he is under its obvious he's not coping .Hope he goes back to basics , learns the trade and comes back and kills it.

Comment

• i don't think it's right to say he's not coping. he said he's not going to put up the white flag, wants to prove that he's a good footy player and wants to make his family proud.

he didn't break down cos he was hooked - it was cos he was talking about the support that he was getting from shane

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Well for one I disagree with you in that he lacks talent and skill. I watched every game he played last year and he showed ability in his passing and kicking game. He made most of his tackles and he’s a good goal kicker. His general kicking game does need some work.
            If you actually watched the interview he didn’t cry. He did obviously show the pressure he is under though.
            I can see by your post that you probably wouldn’t be much support to a friend or family member who had mental health issues. That’s your issue.
            I feel differently as I have a friend who’s son took his own life.
            We don’t know what Kyle is going through emotionally to nearly break down on camera. He is dealing with a lot.
            Maybe cut the kid a bit of slack.
            Are you his mum? Your comments are extremely stupid. I commented on an NRL player and you draw conclusions about how I support my family in friends? Fark you bottomfeeder and just because you know someone who has been touched by depression it does not give you the insight that you think you have. What a very dumb person you must be.

As Bondi Boy said, Flanagan will spend his life on a park bench lok.
            Last edited by Larry Long Balls; 05-11-2021, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post
              i don't think it's right to say he's not coping. he said he's not going to put up the white flag, wants to prove that he's a good footy player and wants to make his family proud.

he didn't break down cos he was hooked - it was cos he was talking about the support that he was getting from shane
              You may be right, but from experience and watching the young bloke his expression and eyes he seems to be suffering internally to me .

Comment

His problem isn't that he lacks experience. He lacks talent and skill. I don't want to see our halfback crying like a bitch because of losing a footy match. Father and son are are a pair imo.
                This post disgusts me.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

This post disgusts me.
                  Why? Kyle Flanagan is a hack footballer. His father is drug cheat who was banned from being involved in the NRL. That disgusts me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

You may be right, but from experience and watching the young bloke his expression and eyes he seems to be suffering internally to me .
                    He is coming to the realization that he is not going to be much of a player. He is the new Jackson Hastings.

Comment

Why? Kyle Flanagan is a hack footballer. His father is drug cheat who was banned from being involved in the NRL. That disgusts me.
                      Larry he may never be a immortal but he is a human and deserves empathy, and you can't judge a kid on his old man but agree his dad should have been forever banned

Comment

He's a kid, a human being, under immense pressure. Struggling for sure, not performing certainly, but I see no need to rubbish him for showing some emotion. completly the opposite actually, I am sure no other first grade players would rubbish him. I can see someone carrying mental scars from being expected to be a footy star all his life, getting a chance at a premier team, and losing it, and then being put up as the saviour of a struggling team when he is not ready for that role. Once your confidence gets eaten away, everything crumbles. If bagging him makes you feel good, I pity you.

Comment

• The grab I just seen on the News showed him choking up when asked a question about how his Dad has helped him.

Fair enough.

Nothing to do with him reacting to being hooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Larry he may never be a immortal but he is a human and deserves empathy, and you can't judge a kid on his old man but agree his dad should have been forever banned
                            I don't hate the guy. It is simply my observation.

He is close with the father though in terms of his football and for that reason I am glad they are not connected to Easts. IMO Kyle Flanagan will NEVER successfully lead a top team around in the NRL. Thats not personal. That is my personal assessment of his skillset and I think many at Easts and the Bulldogs would agree. Roosterchick was the one who started talking about my family and depression. That was out of order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              The grab I just seen on the News showed him choking up when asked a question about how his Dad has helped him.

Fair enough.

Nothing to do with him reacting to being hooked.
                              That was the follow up question after he responded to being hooked.

Comment

• I don't see the fascination of putting down Flanagan. He's not longer playing for us!!! Do some blame him for our 2020 season?

Comment

Working...
                                X