Flanagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said. The rule changes have hurt him badly
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

• Don’t know if it’s the rules changes. I think it’s more a matter of him not having any help and guidance out on the field. He’s playing behind a ineffective pack and he’s having to carry the load. It’s too much for him. When he was with us he had Keary and a strong pack and a lot of go forward from the back three. At the dogs he’s under enormous pressure and he’s falling apart. Can you imagine Sam Walker in that team at the moment? I seriously doubt he would be doing as well as he is at the chooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
        Don’t know if it’s the rules changes. I think it’s more a matter of him not having any help and guidance out on the field. He’s playing behind a ineffective pack and he’s having to carry the load. It’s too much for him. When he was with us he had Keary and a strong pack and a lot of go forward from the back three. At the dogs he’s under enormous pressure and he’s falling apart. Can you imagine Sam Walker in that team at the moment? I seriously doubt he would be doing as well as he is at the chooks.
        i agree, the dogs are just terrible. some of the comments on flanagan have been a little ott.

im happy wh'appyve got walker, but he would be struggling in that dogs team, with barrett as coach, who is no robbo. matt burton may find life different there next year too, and im a big burton fan .

Comment

• It’s hard for an average and slow player like Flanno to carry his team cause they are full of reserve graders. He was ok with us cause he was surrounded by stars. But even ok wasn’t good enough at The Roosters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            It’s hard for an average and slow player like Flanno to carry his team cause they are full of reserve graders. He was ok with us cause he was surrounded by stars. But even ok wasn’t good enough at The Roosters.
            Why does his name come up so much?

He always had the shadow of Sam Walker leaning over him and IMO woulda known it from training. He's gone. The Bullflogs are garbage. For his sake I hope there's many more years of development and 1st grade in him.

Comment

• a year ago things looked a lot better for him

Comment

• He will live the rest of his life on a park bench

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                  He will live the rest of his life on a park bench
                  That’s a bit harsh. He’s still young and he’s got a few things going for him. He’s just got to pull his finger out and run the ball. That would be a start. Unfortunately he’s not in a team that can afford the luxury of carrying a player still trying to learn his trade. The Dogs don’t really have anyone to replace him at present so he’ll get a reprieve. Now is the time to work hard, run the ball, make his tackles and work on his kicking game. That’s all he can do. Speed isn’t everything, just ask Cooper Cronk.

Comment

That’s a bit harsh. He’s still young and he’s got a few things going for him. He’s just got to pull his finger out and run the ball. That would be a start. Unfortunately he’s not in a team that can afford the luxury of carrying a player still trying to learn his trade. The Dogs don’t really have anyone to replace him at present so he’ll get a reprieve. Now is the time to work hard, run the ball, make his tackles and work on his kicking game. That’s all he can do. Speed isn’t everything, just ask Cooper Cronk.
                    There's no point running the ball if you don't offer any threat and he doesn't have the weapons to make defences nervous. He's not that quick, doesn't have a great step and not very strong. Defences know they can pick off his runners because he's no hope of carving them up with his running game.

Comment

• Who knows what he is going through right now. They put him under ridiculous pressure for a rookie halfback by saying it was HIS team at the start of the season. I doubt any half would be killing it at the Dogs. He isn't a Rooster anymore, so let it go.

Comment

• Flanagan started crying in an interview after the weekend's match. Crying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                          Flanagan started crying in an interview after the weekend's match. Crying?
                          So? He’s feeling the pressure. He’s still very inexperienced and is carrying a lot of responsibility. I watched the interview. He didn’t actually cry. He almost did. But he kept going, saying he was going to keep working hard and try and prove he was a good footy player. Got to give him a bit of credit for that. I think he needs to be cut a bit of slack. I know he’s not with us anymore and I know he left on slightly rough terms. But he never trashed our club or Robbo afterwards. He may have had a small degree of attitude but I think he’s not deserving of some of the harsh criticism that he’s copped.
                          I hope he comes good and has an NRL career because he has got some skills which he could build upon given time. I don’t feel he’s a bad kid. I am sure he would be getting family support which I know means his father but so be it. I think when you see someone about to crack like he did in that interview it can be a warning that maybe he isn’t coping well emotionally too. Mental health is an issue to be considered here. I hope he’s ok because it’s a lot for a young guy to deal with.

Comment

So? He’s feeling the pressure. He’s still very inexperienced and is carrying a lot of responsibility. I watched the interview. He didn’t actually cry. He almost did. But he kept going, saying he was going to keep working hard and try and prove he was a good footy player. Got to give him a bit of credit for that. I think he needs to be cut a bit of slack. I know he’s not with us anymore and I know he left on slightly rough terms. But he never trashed our club or Robbo afterwards. He may have had a small degree of attitude but I think he’s not deserving of some of the harsh criticism that he’s copped.
                            I hope he comes good and has an NRL career because he has got some skills which he could build upon given time. I don’t feel he’s a bad kid. I am sure he would be getting family support which I know means his father but so be it. I think when you see someone about to crack like he did in that interview it can be a warning that maybe he isn’t coping well emotionally too. Mental health is an issue to be considered here. I hope he’s ok because it’s a lot for a young guy to deal with.
                            His problem isn't that he lacks experience. He lacks talent and skill. I don't want to see our halfback crying like a bitch because of losing a footy match. Father and son are are a pair imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

His problem isn't that he lacks experience. He lacks talent and skill. I don't want to see our halfback crying like a bitch because of losing a footy match. Father and son are are a pair imo.
                              Think I'd rather they cry than laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Think I'd rather they cry than laugh.
                                Crying over something serious like an ACL I understand. Crying because you got hooked because you are not good enough to lead a shit side around the field. Maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                                X