Halves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Just looked and sounded like a kid with a bundle of nerves. I wouldn’t read too much into it mun.
    Occupational predisposition 'farian. Given it's the only interview with Adam I've seen, I was simply curious if others got the same impression as I did.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

I’m one of those posters who think the club should go after a young forward but you make a good point regarding Poasa, the club must have some confidence in our younger boys coming through along with there really isn’t anyone appealing on the market.
      I reckon that's the exact gamble we're taking... youth.

IMO this shows that Robbo's more confident in his ability to make talented juniors fire than he is about the prospect of turning journeymen (on more $$$) into regular starters. So long as he can keep flipping them, IMO Robbo's onto a winner with this strategy.

Conversion kicking? I've said this before but I reckon it's a numbers game. Robbo prefers halves that display elite fast twitch movements in running and passing because that scores tries (and you can't train 'fast'... people either have that trait or they don't). While conversions are important, the difference between an okay kicker and the best in the comp is what... 65% versus 85%? You'll get on average 1 more conversion in most tight games... which is useful... but not as useful as an extra 2-3 tries.

Comment

I think we will start with Keary and Lam, but the combination is likely to change several times over the course of the season, due to rotations, injuries, etc. I just hope that any perceived weakness in the goal kicking does not come back to bite us you know where.

Time will tell.
        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

From Fox Sports

KEARY SET FOR EXTRA RESPONSIBILITY

The Sydney Roosters will turn to three-time grand final winner Luke Keary to wear the club’s famous No. 7 jumper this year.

While young guns Lachlan Lam and Sam Walker will duel it out for the right to partner Keary in the halves, it makes sense the 2018 Clive Churchill Medallist takes on the primary playmaking responsibilities.

Lam, the son of club champion Adrian Lam, is expected to get first crack at playing five-eighth as young gun Walker continues to focus on trying to put more size on his frame.

The raps on Walker, the son of former Broncos and Manly playmaker Ben, remain huge with good judges saying it won’t be a matter of if but a matter of when he makes a name in the NRL.

The Roosters are currently trying to add some size to Walker’s lean frame. The teenager is expected to get a crack in the Roosters trial match against the Canberra Raiders on February 27.

The game was initially set to be played at Leichhardt Oval but with the COVID-19 concerns still around Sydney looks like being moved to Goulburn Workers Ground

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Fittler suggested Keary be moved to half after the Chooks were eliminated from the Finals - not sure about this as he is better suited to 5/8

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...g170kjoiiyngcy

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
              Fittler suggested Keary be moved to half after the Chooks were eliminated from the Finals - not sure about this as he is better suited to 5/8

The 2018 grand final showed he can do it. The new rules will suit Keary to play 7.

Comment

Friend has a fair kicking game from DH so it needs to be utilised -same for a running game from DH as well - Friend/Verrills/Lussick
                If we are relying on more dummy half kicking from Friend then we are in trouble.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                  From Fox Sports

KEARY SET FOR EXTRA RESPONSIBILITY

The Sydney Roosters will turn to three-time grand final winner Luke Keary to wear the club’s famous No. 7 jumper this year.

While young guns Lachlan Lam and Sam Walker will duel it out for the right to partner Keary in the halves, it makes sense the 2018 Clive Churchill Medallist takes on the primary playmaking responsibilities.

Lam, the son of club champion Adrian Lam, is expected to get first crack at playing five-eighth as young gun Walker continues to focus on trying to put more size on his frame.

The raps on Walker, the son of former Broncos and Manly playmaker Ben, remain huge with good judges saying it won’t be a matter of if but a matter of when he makes a name in the NRL.

The Roosters are currently trying to add some size to Walker’s lean frame. The teenager is expected to get a crack in the Roosters trial match against the Canberra Raiders on February 27.

The game was initially set to be played at Leichhardt Oval but with the COVID-19 concerns still around Sydney looks like being moved to Goulburn Workers Ground

Hope they play in Goulburn

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I dont but I would be happy for you knowing you will attend.

Comment

Is there any difference other than the number on their back? IMO the roles are largely the same and tactics depend largely on the coach's direction.

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Same... it'd be a nice trip for me from Canberra. Might even run i to our old mates Jaubs and Carney'sMum?

Comment

Farout this has been the longest off season in three years.
                        Still 7 weeks to go........ Womanly Seagulls first up, **** I hate them with almost as much passion as those Shit Stain Vermin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post
                          I think we will start with Keary and Lam, but the combination is likely to change several times over the course of the season, due to rotations, injuries, etc. I just hope that any perceived weakness in the goal kicking does not come back to bite us you know where.

Time will tell.
                          So Lam is the chosen one for 6. Why? Ohh that's right he is one of "the boys" Better keep him honest Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

So Lam is the chosen one for 6. Why? Ohh that's right he is one of "the boys" Better keep him honest Robbo.
                            Why don’t you like Lam? Given that he is a Crocodile, you’d think that you’d be happy to see him succeed.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Lam is still only 22 and has yet to have a solid crack in first grade. Give him a go before writing him off ffs.

Also all the criticism of Robbo is hilarious. B2b Premierships and 3 titles in 8 seasons. But but wtf is he doing?!

Some of you won't be happy until he's sacked and replaced by Matt Elliott or Dean Pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                Lam is still only 22 and has yet to have a solid crack in first grade. Give him a go before writing him off ffs.

Also all the criticism of Robbo is hilarious. B2b Premierships and 3 titles in 8 seasons. But but wtf is he doing?!

Some of you won't be happy until he's sacked and replaced by Matt Elliott or Dean Pay.
                                Can't you read.

I didn't say that if Robbo doesn't make top 4 he is gone or that everyone was exhausted by the end of the year because of his obsession with defence and inability to adjust to touch-footy rules.
                                Playing Butcher instead of Collins in the semi-final huge mistake. Not being able to get JWH out of second gear all year. Having Teddy play as 5/8 and Flanagan as a statue.
                                I never mentioned any of those things.

All I said was Robbo keep Lam honest! And if he makes a break make sure the hero looks for support!

Comment

Working...
                                X