Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You

I just wanted to give my end of year thank you to Chris for continuing to keep this forum going and devoting so much of his time, energy and money into it so we have a place to come and connect with one another. Thank you for always taking the time to respond to my emails so quickly also and for being a responsible and respectful decent human being. This year has been so horrible for so many people for a lot of reasons but for me personally, being able to log in here after being away for so long, really lifted my spirits, particularly when I was looking for work during the winter months and losing friends and family members (I know I'm not alone in those respects). I also wanted to thank the administrators like Red and R6 also (apologies as I don't know who else is an administrator) and annual pass members like Novice Chook, Mickie Lane and Thirteen to name just a few for putting your hard earned money into memberships in order to keep this forum going for all of us to enjoy. This year will not be forgotten for a lot of reasons. Apologies for posting this in the main forum but many on here don't look at the away from the game section and I didn't want this to be overlooked as it's not ok to take this place for granted. It's a privilege that should be acknowledged.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Well done lads and ladies.

You are a fine group of people. I’ll second RWB’s sentiments.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

yeah, thanks to chris and the boys and to all posters who help make the chookpen the eighth wonder of the world

Comment

Great work Chris and admin people. Thank you.

Comment

I have always wondered what the annual member and rooster member was about. If it sponsorship or a fee please contact me Chris please.
          And yes ...great job to all those involved in running this nut house..WELL DONE....
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Well said redwhiteblue and I echo your sentiments, this site makes me feel good about being a roosters fan.

Comment

Thanks to all involved.

And to the trolls: go away.
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

big thank you to Chris. agreed some clowns on here need to go.

go you chooks .

Comment

Agreed. Well done for 2020 Hammo... it's been a shyte year for everybody and this has been one of the few stable platforms we've had access to. Well done on keeping it alive in a world where more and more of my favourite forums seem to have been cannibalised by ridiculously immature banter on Reddit, Facebook and Discord. It's great having this as a goto place to discuss all things footy-related, without the dweeb police constantly saying 'you can't say that coz it might hurt a Souffs fan's feelings' kinda shyte...

Comment

I also thank the administrators and moderators for keeping this forum after we lost the old Wall. Now if admin can respond to my message about renewing my annual subscription I’d be happy to continue my financial support of this site. I don’t use PayPal and need another form of payment to renew.
                    keep up the good work.

Comment

What a shame that Gman had to close a thread on a worthy topic. I challenge the cause of it to do the following for ONE ENTIRE WEEK but I doubt he has the discipline and nous to do so:

1. Post ONLY about ESDRLFC - Zac mentioned that he enjoys your posts on the subject so I trust his judgement as Zac is a worthy forum member himself, so let's see if PC can share his knowledge on our great club and nothing else

2. Stop referring to me in all shapes and forms - no fibs about what I say about other posters, no leaving visitor messages about me on other members' profiles, no referring to me as the ship that passes in the night, no quoting me - see if you can avoid the topic of myself altogether (Your grammatically incorrect profile indicates you are a 75 year old grandfather)- I call BS on that one by the way - (rather than littering this forum with passive aggressive whiny references to me as it makes you sound like you came straight from the cast of Mean Girls) PLEASE PRETEND I DON'T EXIST. You say you are going to turn the other cheek but then start hammering on again 15 mins later - this is what happens when others 'quote' you - your posts become visible to me again.

3. Stop taking cheap shots at all other posters on here particularly Jacks Fur Coat and Rooster1908 - if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone - say nothing.

4. Do not use the quote button at all - for one week.

You spend a great deal of time on here telling others how to think, feel, act and behave so I'm just returning the favour. You have been dishing it out all year so you'll have to take it in return.

Let's see if you are man enough to accept my challenge - for any decent genuine Roosters fan, it shouldn't be too hard for you.

DP1990 - I'm sorry your interesting thread got closed off.

I'll put Rooster1908 in charge of monitoring this as I trust his judgement - us simple country folk are working class but honest as the day is long.
                      Last edited by redwhiteblue; 11-28-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                        Agreed. Well done for 2020 Hammo... it's been a shyte year for everybody and this has been one of the few stable platforms we've had access to. Well done on keeping it alive in a world where more and more of my favourite forums seem to have been cannibalised by ridiculously immature banter on Reddit, Facebook and Discord. It's great having this as a goto place to discuss all things footy-related, without the dweeb police constantly saying 'you can't say that coz it might hurt a Souffs fan's feelings' kinda shyte...
                        Ism, I can't quote you in the other thread because it's now locked but I really enjoyed reading about how you have kept in touch with your daughter despite everything you have gone through with your family. I always have great admiration for people who just keep on doing what is right and positive despite life's hard knocks. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Always presenting your best self is not easy but it sure does make life easier when the effort is made. Your daughter has and will always have positive memories of you as her Dad even in her old age. I was only 15 when my Dad passed as my parents had me late in life due to them losing 3 other daughters in the 1960's but I remember every single word of wisdom he passed onto me.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                          Well said redwhiteblue and I echo your sentiments, this site makes me feel good about being a roosters fan.
                          Thank you Mr Brass. Your centurions portrait is hanging in my home office (AKA above the dining room table )

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                            Well done lads and ladies.

You are a fine group of people. I’ll second RWB’s sentiments.
                            Thanks Farian..I have all my new age crystals out to get rid of all the negative energy - I had a tourmaline in my hand all the way through the 2019 grand final.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                              What a shame that Gman had to close a thread on a worthy topic. I challenge the cause of it to do the following for ONE ENTIRE WEEK but I doubt he has the discipline and nous to do so:

1. Post ONLY about ESDRLFC - Zac mentioned that he enjoys your posts on the subject so I trust his judgement as Zac is a worthy forum member himself, so let's see if PC can share his knowledge on our great club and nothing else

2. Stop referring to me in all shapes and forms - no fibs about what I say about other posters, no leaving visitor messages about me on other members' profiles, no referring to me as the ship that passes in the night, no quoting me - see if you can avoid the topic of myself altogether (Your grammatically incorrect profile indicates you are a 75 year old grandfather)- I call BS on that one by the way - (rather than littering this forum with passive aggressive whiny references to me as it makes you sound like you came straight from the cast of Mean Girls) PLEASE PRETEND I DON'T EXIST. You say you are going to turn the other cheek but then start hammering on again 15 mins later - this is what happens when others 'quote' you - your posts become visible to me again.

3. Stop taking cheap shots at all other posters on here particularly Jacks Fur Coat and Rooster1908 - if you don't have anything nice to say about anyone - say nothing.

4. Do not use the quote button at all - for one week.

You spend a great deal of time on here telling others how to think, feel, act and behave so I'm just returning the favour. You have been dishing it out all year so you'll have to take it in return.

Let's see if you are man enough to accept my challenge - for any decent genuine Roosters fan, it shouldn't be too hard for you.

DP1990 - I'm sorry your interesting thread got closed off.

I'll put Rooster1908 in charge of monitoring this as I trust his judgement - us simple country folk are working class but honest as the day is long.
                              will he be banned if he doesn't comply?

Comment

Working...
                              X