This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paddo Colt 61
    can you learn to use quotes properly? Pretty annoying.
    Or is this deliberate?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
      Anyway if the souffs troll ain’t gonna be banned can someone at least teach him how to use the quote function? He makes a complete mess of every thread with that, along with the rubbish content.

It ain’t that hard. Press the quote button and start typing. That’s all it is. And yet somehow he still hasn’t quite mastered it.
      Just shows he must be a vermin fan if he cant even figure out the quote button . Surely if I can , he can

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
        How do all these Roosters related threads go off on a political tangent zzzzzzzzzzzzz
        Oh let me guess!
        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
          Anyway if the souffs troll ain’t gonna be banned can someone at least teach him how to use the quote function? He makes a complete mess of every thread with that, along with the rubbish content.

It ain’t that hard. Press the quote button and start typing. That’s all it is. And yet somehow he still hasn’t quite mastered it.
          Mighty Rooster was very patient in trying to show him when I first asked this question but still to no avail. It's annoying for me as I've blocked him but now some comments look as they've been made by other decent people like Thirteen when he's been misquoted also. It is indeed a mess when others get misquoted and it snowballs from there. I know all of this despite not going past year 10 at school and coming from working class immigrant parents (in Queensland too of all places, so that must be at least 4 strikes for me on the acceptability level, oh and throw in that I'm female too, make that 5 strikes)

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnny Tobin;n859719]
            Originally posted by The Lip View Post

He was a hooker - but certainly tough as nails.
            what row do your hookers play in Tobin?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
              Paddo Colt 61
              can you learn to use quotes properly? Pretty annoying.
              Or is this deliberate?
              what do you expect? The bloke writes absolute dribble.. who the hell comes onto a FOOTY forum to speak politics? Lmao what a guy

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep there were always heaps of bong head surfers and massive wog dudes at Waverley. Also it's basically a public school (gets all the blokes from the Houseo's in Maroubra/Pagewood and stuff). They didn't have the $$$ to buy teams (like Joeys and Kings did in the GPS) but they'd always crush Trinity, Cranbrook, Allo's...etc (then most of the GPS... Grammar, Sydney Boys, Newington, Scots, Shore...etc).

GPS and CAS are basically 2 horse races.
                - GPS = Joeys and Kings
                - CAS = Knox and Barker (the two $$$ upper north shore schools, with Waverley as a wildcard)
                - ISA... is shyte. Schools like Stanny's and stuff often had a few big country lads + St Pat's had some wogs/islanders but St Andrews and stuff were p!ss weak. Bunch of spoiled, bong head city boys (without the surfer bods that Waverley had).

As noted, it's always the best players who get a run anyway. Without doxing myself, we always had:
                - A few country boys, indigenous boys and islanders on scholarship. Since there are no 'sports scholarships', there was always an art to tinkering this system. These guys were usually 130kg+ and could be really dangerous (mostly if they fell on you or something). Generally they were suspended for 1/2 the season for things like smoking, drug usage and stealing shyte as well...
                - The 'sons of benefactors' picks. Usually at least 5 WTF selections who HAD to play 80 minutes and have captaincy roles...etc. During training you'd absolutely dominate them, but it would never sway the selectors.
                - A few kids actually made the team. They'd be the most talented players and they'd go on to play Shute Shield during uni. However, they'd often intentionally tank during trials in order to play for the 2nd or 3rd's coz it was more fun. There's a long list of professional players who 'didn't make their 1st XV', and there's a reason why...
                not sure where you get your opinions from ism - certainly not the facts - last 10 years gps rugby winners starting at 2010 Newington, Riverview, Newington, Newington and Scots(joint premiers), Scots, Newington and Scots(joint premiers again), Scots, Scots, Joeys and Kings, Joeys Kings.

there are a lot of other schools in that list of winners other than Joeys Kings mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  I hope we pay Souths in cash. In five cent coins.
                  Heard they will be donating a supply of Hotdogs/KB/ Blackberry Nip and Winnie Reds to the Vermin supporters food bank - an Ala carte meal for the poor Verm supporters

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

what do you expect? The bloke writes absolute dribble.. who the hell comes onto a FOOTY forum to speak politics? Lmao what a guy

"An unsurprising comment by a forelock tugger from way back - try breaking some new ground Jaxie. How about a "This I Believe" thread from you on the Off Topic forum so we can all have a laugh - belief in Donald Trump doesn't do you any favours that's for sure.
                    A female fan, whose name shall not be mentioned since she and I are now as ships in the night, has alluded to you being away on the Grey Nomad circuit. I'd imagine that old fascist and well of ignorance "Macca" is a must on Sunday mornings?"

This was sent to me via email from yet another one of my friends who is looking out for me on here. I have alluded nothing of the sort about Jack otherwise he would have read it. He is neither grey or a nomad (far too young to be described as such and certainly not by me). You keep forgetting little man that I've been a member on here since 2009 and know many people on here in person and we all look out for one another's wellbeing. Keep telling fibs about me in relation to other forum members and see where it lands you. Get a life while you are at it - if you are bored there are many charities that you can help. No scrap that..everyone has suffered enough this year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddo Colt 61;n859667][QUOTE=The Axe;
                      Perhaps some schools do throw around token scholarships to be me too. I know many schools that have the right attitude of creating an opportunity. I' ve spoken first hand with some Scots boys on such scholarships. Education creates opportunities for Leaders to change beliefs and history. You'd learn much from a conversation with Angus Crichton

The point is Axe that the PR impresses most people but the reality is that if that serious money was diverted from the already wealthy and spent on the schools which serve the majority of our kids there would be no need to extend opportunity to just the fortunate few who get sports "scholarships". The amount of taxpayer money spent on the wealthy is scandalous and is growing and you can see, just by looking, how poorly resourced our kids' schools are. Meanwhile, Cranbrook is now in the process of excavating a large chunk of Bellevue Hill largely, no doubt, at our expense.
                      I could be mistaken but I don't think Gus was a "scholarship" lad. Maybe your regular boarder off a country property - "Angus" (like Hamish, Duncan and Dougal) is a name you don't hear too much out Mt. Druitt way but, then again, Scots is infamous for buying their football teams. It's a big selling point for the nouveau riche who care more about that sort of thing having, most of them, left school in Year 10 or may as well have. The academic record there and in most GPS is nothing to write home about.

[/QUOTE]

Many indigenous scholarships are not about sport - that’s the media driven perception. I grant you Scots bent rules but unfair to taint the scholarship programs. I guarantee you we have an obligation to educate and share an opportunity to become change agents and leaders for their communities
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

not sure where you get your opinions from ism - certainly not the facts - last 10 years gps rugby winners starting at 2010 Newington, Riverview, Newington, Newington and Scots(joint premiers), Scots, Newington and Scots(joint premiers again), Scots, Scots, Joeys and Kings, Joeys Kings.

there are a lot of other schools in that list of winners other than Joeys Kings mate.
                        the only predictability is Sydney Boys High win the “table tennis comp” - note it is verboten to call it ping pong in GPS. Grammar 70/30 to win debating and chess
                        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

[QUOTE=The Axe;

Many indigenous scholarships are not about sport - that is the media driven perception. I guarantee you we have an obligation to educate and share an opportunity to become change agents and leaders for their communities.

And they can only become those things if they attend an "elite" private school with a dud academic record? I used almost to spew when Ray Warren linked Connor Watson to Shore. Since then, the "change agents and leaders" who urged their classmates to spit on the homeless and grab sheilas on the pussy have taken the gloss off that place. But still the reverence for the rich is palpable - these places are aspired to by a lot of mugs who don't seem to realise that their exclusive environments are on our tab. When they get a fcuk up kid they punt him/her to the local under resourced State school to further jeopardise the futures of our kids and still so many of us tug the forelock in deference to the worst possible role models.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep there were always heaps of bong head surfers and massive wog dudes at Waverley. Also it's basically a public school (gets all the blokes from the Houseo's in Maroubra/Pagewood and stuff). They didn't have the $$$ to buy teams (like Joeys and Kings did in the GPS) but they'd always crush Trinity, Cranbrook, Allo's...etc (then most of the GPS... Grammar, Sydney Boys, Newington, Scots, Shore...etc).

GPS and CAS are basically 2 horse races.
                            - GPS = Joeys and Kings
                            - CAS = Knox and Barker (the two $$$ upper north shore schools, with Waverley as a wildcard)
                            - ISA... is shyte. Schools like Stanny's and stuff often had a few big country lads + St Pat's had some wogs/islanders but St Andrews and stuff were p!ss weak. Bunch of spoiled, bong head city boys (without the surfer bods that Waverley had).

As noted, it's always the best players who get a run anyway. Without doxing myself, we always had:
                            - A few country boys, indigenous boys and islanders on scholarship. Since there are no 'sports scholarships', there was always an art to tinkering this system. These guys were usually 130kg+ and could be really dangerous (mostly if they fell on you or something). Generally they were suspended for 1/2 the season for things like smoking, drug usage and stealing shyte as well...
                            - The 'sons of benefactors' picks. Usually at least 5 WTF selections who HAD to play 80 minutes and have captaincy roles...etc. During training you'd absolutely dominate them, but it would never sway the selectors.
                            - A few kids actually made the team. They'd be the most talented players and they'd go on to play Shute Shield during uni. However, they'd often intentionally tank during trials in order to play for the 2nd or 3rd's coz it was more fun. There's a long list of professional players who 'didn't make their 1st XV', and there's a reason why...
                            I went to Waverley and yes agree it really is a public school dressed up but hardly a house school from those areas.
                            Kids come from Watson’s Bay to Cronulla but the majority are East Subs kids and the Roosters are supported heavily by the majority of kids.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                              Many indigenous scholarships are not about sport - that’s the media driven perception. I grant you Scots bent rules but unfair to taint the scholarship programs. I guarantee you we have an obligation to educate and share an opportunity to become change agents and leaders for their communities
                              It sounds like an attempt at plucking another ‘stolen generation’ of kids out of families and communities to be bestowed the privilege of attending a school they wouldn’t have been able to attend. And also for the fee paying kids, to talk to a native and relay the story of that over a dinner party or business lunch.

Look at Kurtley Beale. He coulda stuck with Souths after emerging from Mt Druitt. Instead, he opted for ‘the education’ at Hunters Hill and travelling the world losing for Australia. At least he’ll have the ol school tie to wear at job interviews.
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                                And they can only become those things if they attend an "elite" private school with a dud academic record? I used almost to spew when Ray Warren linked Connor Watson to Shore.
                                Connor Watson went to Knox. From what I understand, he doesn’t see himself as a part of that clique. Hired gun somewhat.
                                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                                X