• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    Who would you call in to chat?
    The skippers have to go. Last drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

I started singing The Dukes Of Hazzard theme song and picturing Daisy Duke in her good old shorts.

BTW we aren't too old. We had Cronk for a couple of years and he went ok for an old fella. No mention of us being too old last year.
      So did I. Some day the mountain might get em but the law never will..
      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

were they drinkin whiskey and rye or whiskey in Rye?
        I used to think it was whiskey and dry....
        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I used to think it was whiskey and dry....
          i used to think it was whisky and rye but then it occurred to me that they're the same drink.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
            The thread title makes me want to sing American Pie.

It's good to have a mix of older players on field as long as they are not carrying bad injuries. That's the only way the younger ones will learn.
            I was thinking Blues Brothers

Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Bring in Verrills, Smith, Rads, Walker and Suaali and we will have the youngest squad next year, plus when the Moz twins retire we will get younger again, absolutely pointless news story, just off season filler by a wannabe hack.

Comment

I too am not concerned by our average age. The missing youngins is part of it, sure. It is also more about the transition and how we manage our squad, which you would have to say we have been rather successful in doing recently.

It is only a number. Judge our performances and success on other measures, not this.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Yeah, 27 is way too old lol.
                  Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

yep.
                    swap sbw and aubo for verills and rads and we'll have a younger average age than last year's premiers.
                    They are already included. It’s the squad they analysed. I don’t think we r to old to win but with the rule changes it’s catching up. The squad needs a freshen up and releasing younger players like Tuli and keeping 34 year olds doesn’t help in 2 years. We will obviously see in a year or two

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

They are already included. It’s the squad they analysed. I don’t think we r to old to win but with the rule changes it’s catching up. The squad needs a freshen up and releasing younger players like Tuli and keeping 34 year olds doesn’t help in 2 years. We will obviously see in a year or two
                      the story was about the 2020 squad - sbw and aubo won't be playing in 2021. but okay, swap aubo and sbw for fifita and walker.
                      you'd figure at least one of the moz boys won't be here in 2021 so maybe the club thought tuli isn't a long term prospect. if the squad's being reduced to 28 and we've got suaalii coming maybe we thought suaalii was the better bet. but like you say, time will tell.

Comment

Jake too old? No. He was a star in the 2020 Origin series.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                          Stupid thread imo. Friend is the new Mini.
                          Meaning he should have retired when he won a premiership ring. And he'll marry a woman who has a catfight in a Bondi nail salon.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Meaning he should have retired when he won a premiership ring. And he'll marry a woman who has a catfight in a Bondi nail salon.
                            No. I would say meaning he is still a highly valued and integral member of the squad who plump and gay fellows such as yourself like to to belittle.

Comment

The key to winning premierships, apart from luck with injuries, is to have the bulk of your players in that "sweet spot" of their careers, usually between the ages of 23 and 28.

I'm not sure we currently have that blend.

i don't see us challenging again for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X