Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crichton came up in de Belin's case as a friend - why/how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crichton came up in de Belin's case as a friend - why/how?

Doesn't change my overall opinion of him but kinda disappointing to see Crichton come up as part of an intercepted phone call, where he's like 'oh man the worst thing is if your missus finds out!!!'

Dunno how the two know each other or why he'd support a guy who admitted to cheating on his wife.

Oh and de Belin's story about 'accidentally' putting his dick up the girl's arse is bullshyte. Won't comment on the court proceedings but I think it's poor character for Gussie to back this dude. Regardless of what the courts say, he's cheated on his pregnant wife and admitted to trying to sneak in through the back door during intercourse (which IMO is rape... like sure do whatever you want if you get her consent + use enough vaseline, but like DUDE... trying to ram it in there's just wrong). Poor form!

Dr Belins a deadset goose but I don't think the above post is appropriate or needed

Comment

Jack de Felon.
      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        Doesn't change my overall opinion of him but kinda disappointing to see Crichton come up as part of an intercepted phone call, where he's like 'oh man the worst thing is if your missus finds out!!!'

Dunno how the two know each other or why he'd support a guy who admitted to cheating on his wife.

Oh and de Belin's story about 'accidentally' putting his dick up the girl's arse is bullshyte. Won't comment on the court proceedings but I think it's poor character for Gussie to back this dude. Regardless of what the courts say, he's cheated on his pregnant wife and admitted to trying to sneak in through the back door during intercourse (which IMO is rape... like sure do whatever you want if you get her consent + use enough vaseline, but like DUDE... trying to ram it in there's just wrong). Poor form!
        The article I read said that Gus called him to check on his welfare very early in the investigation, possibly without knowing all the details and just supporting a colleague. Possibly knew each other from Origin development camps. Same article said that it was De Belin's girlfriend not wife but either way if she was pregnant obviously a long term relationship so yes, very poor form.

I also thought the 'accidentally put my dick' statement was unbelievable and then makes you question all of his other explanations. Feel very sorry for the girl if it did go down as she says.

Comment

The comment made by Angus is disappointing. I always thought he was a decent guy who had potential to one day be captain of our great club. Unfortunately if someone condones cheating on a pregnant girlfriend and the only negative would be if he gets caught then being a female I have lost respect for Angus. I would say most other female fans would feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
            The comment made by Angus is disappointing. I always thought he was a decent guy who had potential to one day be captain of our great club. Unfortunately if someone condones cheating on a pregnant girlfriend and the only negative would be if he gets caught then being a female I have lost respect for Angus. I would say most other female fans would feel the same.
            as a guy who's been in that situation first hand , despite what I thought and knew. I tried to take a similar path I have to say, I didn't want to lecture , but more point out what there is to lose. hard to say , this was the morning after, and I've kept my mouth shut on it for 17 years, I don't condone it, but I know he regrets it massively. yes he did marry her. about 6 other people knew, nobody said anything , some were disgusted, he is a cop btw. these situations as friends suck.

the rape and all that other stuff is not in any way what I'm referring to, I'm talking purely knowing your best friend cheated on his long term gf.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
              Haven't seen the article and I think Angus is a future captain but its not just females who loose respect for men that cheat. Some of us blokes don't condone that crap either

Comment

I assume Angus and Jack are mates from their time spent together in origin.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Vaseline! That so 1980s.

Comment

Anyone dating an NRL player or celebrity and is surprised when they cheat is an idiot. Sure be upset about it, but people throw themselves at them, and they’re often inebriated in some fashion. It’s just going to happen, doesn’t make right but it just is what it is. Angus has been an athlete probably his whole life it’s just what he’s accustomed to.

Not condoning or agreeing with it, it’s just how it is.

Comment

As I have always taught my kids , if you as a man don't put yourself in certain situations then it can't happen. I am not putting myself above anyone else but you can just say no, there is a choice and gauantee you would feel better for doing so .Short term gain for long term pain isn't a great idea .

Comment

what exactly did gus say? it matters.

the only report i've seen is from fox -

The trial has previously heard an intercepted phone call between Mr de Belin and Roosters player Angus Crichton, who said of the allegations: “The worst part of it is about your missus finding out about it, and if that's all fine, well, that's all that matters. This sh.t will sort itself out."

also there was a report that gus rang de belin to check on his welfare.

i don't have a problem with gus ringing de b to check on his welfare. everyone has the presumption of innocence and even if de b is guilty, gus can't have known that and sending support to a friend isn't against the law (even if they are guilty).

i don't know what gus meant by saying 'if that's all fine about your missus finding out' but to me it sounds like he's saying 'if your missus is fine about you having a bun (whatever the hell that is) then, given, as you've told me the sex was consensual, don't worry about it.' Clearly his missus was going to find out about it - hard to hide being arrested - so gus wasn't trying to cover things up but thinking about how his mrs felt about it all. who knows, maybe de b and his mrs had a don't ask don't tell policy about buns (they sound tasty, don't they).

if de b lied to gus about the incident being consensual then that's not gus's fault. he was a friend, not a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                          As I have always taught my kids , if you as a man don't put yourself in certain situations then it can't happen. I am not putting myself above anyone else but you can just say no, there is a choice and gauantee you would feel better for doing so .Short term gain for long term pain isn't a great idea .
                          Don’t you have daughters not sons?
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                            Don’t you have daughters not sons?
                            I do and as a man if I don't put myself in that situation then it cant happen . Same as Sam could have . Understand

Comment

Most footballers are idiots, if they weren't they wouldn't be getting smashed every week for 80 odd minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X