Equality gone too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I think you and others are confused in thinking they just play NRLW and a handful of games each year - they play in state comps outside of the NRLW. I'm not sure why Ruan could not be recognised having represented Australia in 2 different rugby codes and 3 world cups/ NSW SOO /Tests/NSWRLW and NRLW Comps etc.

I think maybe the point is the old male ego - a female better at something than they ever were - i suppose these clods check if a female is driving a bus/train or flying a plane and dont get on board cause female's can't do that job only males can.
    Now I think you are making it up as you go Salvo. Its nothing to do with her being a woman at all. Shes has achieved great things for her chosen sports. Shes a natural competitor but still doesnt mean that all women should be paraded with the men who have done a LOT more. Would you have a problem with them being recognised before the womens GF?
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

You not in the program i see - it's the age of inclusiveness - get with it or you'll be left behind :-)
      Inclusiveness would be to include them before their GF.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Serious enough for you to take time out of your day and reply...go figure
        Haha, sorry, but the title to this thread is an oxymoron, hence I thought it was a joke! .. Feel free to check it out when you have finished playing your banjo...

Comment

I find it interesting how those who push agendas like feminism, veganism, recisim and all the ohter ism's feel the need to resort to labelling those they don't agree with or throwing insults at those who have a differing opinion to their own. Wonder why that is?

Get the banjos!
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Inclusiveness would be to include them before their GF.
            That would be excluding them - inclusiveness is including them with the male retirees on GF day - i am wondering if the Chooks will delay their end of season awards night till the NRLW finishes their season - its not very inclusive not to include them in the club awards night.

NRL has to do more to encourage more females to take on board roles at clubs/ coaching and Administration roles such as CEO's - One doesn't have to be a top flight player to be able to coach or be an assistant coach. Development and opportunities is the key.

Should be mandated that every club has trainee roles for budding female coaches which will then improve the standard of the female game- would be good to see a female as an assistant NRL coach and even NRL Head Coach one day perhaps- There are also opportunites for females to coach in the NRLW as it seems to be male only coaches and no female one's.

Comment

This thread is offensive....to banjo players! What's wrong with banjos? Some very talented musicians play them...
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

They are trying to use the men's game to piggyback the women's game into popularity. Let them play, I'm not a dinosaur but lets not pretend they are anything other than amateur park footballers. Horseshit really but people lap it up as they are not smart enough to resist the marketing.

Comment

That would be excluding them - inclusiveness is including them with the male retirees on GF day - i am wondering if the Chooks will delay their end of season awards night till the NRLW finishes their season - its not very inclusive not to include them in the club awards night.

NRL has to do more to encourage more females to take on board roles at clubs/ coaching and Administration roles such as CEO's - One doesn't have to be a top flight player to be able to coach or be an assistant coach. Development and opportunities is the key.

Should be mandated that every club has trainee roles for budding female coaches which will then improve the standard of the female game- would be good to see a female as an assistant NRL coach and even NRL Head Coach one day perhaps- There are also opportunites for females to coach in the NRLW as it seems to be male only coaches and no female one's.
                  Now you are going off track. Women retiring from the womens league... have their recognition for their 20 or so games before their GF. Surely they would want to be recognised in front of their peers?

As for the other stuff, complete different kettle of fish mate and we had better not go down that path on here. To put it simply tho, how is it fair to mandate a certain number of positions for females over males? Surely that's discriminatory against males? The best candidate for the role/position should get it. Its sexist to have it any other way. I employ my staff based on what they can offer and I don't care if that person is black/white/pink/yellow, young/old, male or female, although I would probably draw the line at transgender. That shits just messed up! lol
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Now you are going off track. Women retiring from the womens league... have their recognition for their 20 or so games before their GF. Surely they would want to be recognised in front of their peers?

As for the other stuff, complete different kettle of fish mate and we had better not go down that path on here. To put it simply tho, how is it fair to mandate a certain number of positions for females over males? Surely that's discriminatory against males? The best candidate for the role/position should get it. Its sexist to have it any other way. I employ my staff based on what they can offer and I don't care if that person is black/white/pink/yellow, young/old, male or female, although I would probably draw the line at transgender. That shits just messed up! lol
                    The Queen wants equality of outcome. He needs to study Professor Jordan Peterson's work.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post

The Queen wants equality of outcome. He needs to study Professor Jordan Peterson's work.
                      This whole thing has gone off track. It was never about equality but moreso about the position of the WNRL recognising their retiring players at the same time as the men. I simply think its more appropriate to do it before their GF.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                        This thread is offensive....to banjo players! What's wrong with banjos? Some very talented musicians play them...
                        Maybe the retiring womens players could walk out to the sound of a banjo quartet?
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Long Balls View Post
                          They are trying to use the men's game to piggyback the women's game into popularity. Let them play, I'm not a dinosaur but lets not pretend they are anything other than amateur park footballers. Horseshit really but people lap it up as they are not smart enough to resist the marketing.
                          And thats exactly the point some others we making. Have they really earned the right to march out with retiring professional players who have played the game at the elite level for many many years?

The fairest thing would be to have them do their thing before their GF and the men do it before theirs. Do they give the winning grand finalists presented with their trophies straight after their match or to be all 'inlusive' why dont they all get up there together and receive them?
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                            Not trying to be flippant here, but this banjo player (great song by the way) always reminds me of Daly Cherry-Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
                            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

broncos women won more games than their men's side.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                                broncos women won more games than their men's side.
                                And the women gave the men a 2 game head start!
                                "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Working...
                                X