No announcement yet.

Rooster Grand Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So got pretty lucky today at Jb Hi fi, just asked them for 02' 13' 18' and '19 premiership grand finals. After a bit of shuffling and a few no's about the older ones, I ended up walking out of there with 74' 75' 02' 13' 18' 19' GF's!

I have never watched the 70's ones so I'm in for a bit of a treat. Up tha chooks!

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
      So got pretty lucky today at Jb Hi fi, just asked them for 02' 13' 18' and '19 premiership grand finals. After a bit of shuffling and a few no's about the older ones, I ended up walking out of there with 74' 75' 02' 13' 18' 19' GF's!

I have never watched the 70's ones so I'm in for a bit of a treat. Up tha chooks!
      Fantastic! You have all the ones I have. Enjoy!
      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

LOL that woman is off her head Keeping up appearances very funny show Sort of back on topic I’ve never seen a full replay of last years GG
        You can borrow my copy whenever you want Andy when you move over this way. I can't seem to enjoy it as much as the others. I tried to watch it on Christmas Day last year and kept getting interrupted. It's jinxed I tell ya.. Thurston's comments afterwards to Trent upset me so much I haven't quite recovered yet..thank goodness that's not on the DVD...
        Last edited by redwhiteblue; 11-26-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Its funny, i kept the 2018 Grand Final on the hard drive until i got the DVD , watched the 2018 GF a few times on the hard drive till i deleted it but haven't watched it on the DVD all the way through yet.
          My hard drive crashed during lockdown..all my World Cup challenges gone too..but our latest one is on 9Now..meant to tell you that..

https://www.9now.com.au/world-club-c...e-rugby-league

Comment

2nd half of the 75 grand final and the first half of 18 is as good as it gets as a chookies fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

2nd half of the 75 grand final and the first half of 18 is as good as it gets as a chookies fan.
              Love how the 1975 DVD has footage of the 1974 grand final on it too. I have an 18 day Christmas break coming up starting 24 December so going to revisit some of them, plus all the other ones we had in old membership packs like the 2008 one, the Decade of Excellence (some used to say on the old Wall that a Decade of Mediocrity should follow ) the 100 Years DVD and a couple I bought direct from the NRL when they were doing the archived games and releasing them to the public. I've got the 2003 WCC and 200 preliminary final against Newcastle and the only game I really want and have never seen again is our Friday night game against Canterbury round 6 15 April 2005 where we won with 12 men (Morley gone ) after being down at half time. The SMH headline the next day was Revenge of the Roosters with a photo of Ricko and Finchy hugging mid air. I've still got the clipping in my Roosters memorabilia box but never saw the match again. After that, I started recording and keeping as many wins as I could.

Comment

All of this reminiscing is whetting my appetite to relive some of those many incredible Rooster moments over the decades. I am pretty well stocked, and Kayo also has some good classic matches of the Roosters back to the 1960's I think.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Speaking of memories, very sad to read the article regarding Ron Coote losing all of his own personal memorabilia in the bushfires last year but a great initiative for fans to help out. It's just on the Roosters official website and was in yesterday's newsletter.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                    Speaking of memories, very sad to read the article regarding Ron Coote losing all of his own personal memorabilia in the bushfires last year but a great initiative for fans to help out. It's just on the Roosters official website and was in yesterday's newsletter.
                    Ron Coote is an icon in our game and nature's gentleman it was very sad to see he lost so much in the bushfires.
                    The younger fans don't realise how great of a football player this man was. He should be an automatic inclusion in any all time great roosters team.

Comment

The more recent GF's unfortunately always seem to come with the Ch9 commentary, especially the way they butchered the enjoyment of the 2019 GF. Much better if can find the GF with FOX commentary

Comment

Well that was amazing to watch. (74' 75') especially with my mum. She must have said "this takes me back" about 50 times lol.

Man, did those boomers know how to play some footy. No nonsense just get on with it style, Gus couldn't commentate back then as there was no controversial crap to bang on about for half the game.

The main takeaways:

1. The union style kicking from within their 20 meters (mostly the opposition)

2. The scrums (how good) with Laurie Bryer (last name butchered sorry) the ref blowing no nonsense penalties and both sides just copping it.

3.Crazy hot potato footy from Easts, our backline had some serious speed.

4.Russell Faifax's hair.

5.Artie an absolute Behemoth in the middle, did that guy ever get taken to the ground with the ball? I think i counted once over the 2 games.

6. That play of the ball style had me in all sorts, if the NRL want to get serious about retro round, they should make the refs dress like Laurie (all dapper with the big collars) and players made to play the ball like they did then. I can't explain it, go watch it. Also kicking at the ball whilst the opposition plays it??!

7. RON COOTE - oh my god, probably the biggest reason we won both those GF's along with artie of course and the 2 fullbacks, fairfax and schubert.

Special mention to John Peard in the number 6 jumper, what a competitor. Can't forget brass and harris too with elwyn walters in everything.

There's so much i havent mentioned and ive only watched them once. Such a proud history Easts have, the treatment we cop these days compared to the scum of the league is disgraceful, makes me want to sing the team song.

P.S. Is changa langlands been made an immortal? After that performance from him in the 75 gf he should be made to hand the accolade back. His white boots got more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

You can borrow my copy whenever you want Andy when you move over this way. I can't seem to enjoy it as much as the others. I tried to watch it on Christmas Day last year and kept getting interrupted. It's jinxed I tell ya.. Thurston's comments afterwards to Trent upset me so much I haven't quite recovered yet..thank goodness that's not on the DVD...
                          I will take you up on that RWB
                          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Well that was amazing to watch. (74' 75') especially with my mum. She must have said "this takes me back" about 50 times lol.

Man, did those boomers know how to play some footy. No nonsense just get on with it style, Gus couldn't commentate back then as there was no controversial crap to bang on about for half the game.

The main takeaways:

1. The union style kicking from within their 20 meters (mostly the opposition)

2. The scrums (how good) with Laurie Bryer (last name butchered sorry) the ref blowing no nonsense penalties and both sides just copping it.

3.Crazy hot potato footy from Easts, our backline had some serious speed.

4.Russell Faifax's hair.

5.Artie an absolute Behemoth in the middle, did that guy ever get taken to the ground with the ball? I think i counted once over the 2 games.

6. That play of the ball style had me in all sorts, if the NRL want to get serious about retro round, they should make the refs dress like Laurie (all dapper with the big collars) and players made to play the ball like they did then. I can't explain it, go watch it. Also kicking at the ball whilst the opposition plays it??!

7. RON COOTE - oh my god, probably the biggest reason we won both those GF's along with artie of course and the 2 fullbacks, fairfax and schubert.

Special mention to John Peard in the number 6 jumper, what a competitor. Can't forget brass and harris too with elwyn walters in everything.

There's so much i havent mentioned and ive only watched them once. Such a proud history Easts have, the treatment we cop these days compared to the scum of the league is disgraceful, makes me want to sing the team song.

P.S. Is changa langlands been made an immortal? After that performance from him in the 75 gf he should be made to hand the accolade back. His white boots got more attention.
                            All I can say is 'LOVE' as 'like' is insufficient. Great stuff and I love your Mum - she would have gotten on well with mine

Comment

Foxtel Go have all 3 Grand Finals on demand (edited 1hour highlights) I have been able to copy these as mp4 files on Windows 10 using X Box Game Bar. NRL TV on NRL website had all seasons games plus all origins and grand finals until end of October. These were full matches no ads. Grand Finals not there at moment but they say there are coming back. These can also be copied with Game Bar

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

I will take you up on that RWB
                                Sure thing Andy. Just bring along 3 forms of ID and 2 current character witnesses and it's yours

Comment

Working...
                                X